/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interpretation about age of 60 in Islam

Nitro Zeus
12-31-2018, 02:05 PM
I heard that the Prophet said something about age of 60, that when someone reaches age of 60, his repentance will not benefit him anymore.

When I read this, I got little bit freaked, because I know that we must ask God's forgiveness every day. Why it has been decreed like this? What is the correct interpretation of the Prophet regarding this? Why we can't seek God's forgiveness even after age of 60?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
12-31-2018, 04:46 PM
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, ‘Allah Ta’ala accepts the repentance of a person right until he breathes his last.’

The Hadith referred by you does not mean that Allah Ta’ala stops His forgiveness upon being 60 years.

The Arabic word in the Hadith is
‘A-azarallaahu’ meaning ‘Allah does not accept an excuse from a person who reached the age of 60. As such a person has been given sufficient time to
change his life to be obedient to Allah Ta’ala. The person cannot complain of not being given sufficient life.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/1...0%2C7489092249

Nitro Zeus
12-31-2018, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, ‘Allah Ta’ala accepts the repentance of a person right until he breathes his last.’

The Hadith referred by you does not mean that Allah Ta’ala stops His forgiveness upon being 60 years.

The Arabic word in the Hadith is
‘A-azarallaahu’ meaning ‘Allah does not accept an excuse from a person who reached the age of 60. As such a person has been given sufficient time to
change his life to be obedient to Allah Ta’ala. The person cannot complain of not being given sufficient life.

and Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
FATWA DEPT.
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/1...0%2C7489092249
What kind of excuses?
Can you please give me some examples of what excuses He will not accept anymore? Because, I cant tell what kind of excuses are.

azc
01-01-2019, 02:09 AM
How many excuses you can think for yourself, Think...!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
01-01-2019, 02:14 AM
How many excuses you can think for yourself, Think...!
What about prayers? If a person have not prayer for 60 years, can he still pray after 60 years until his time is up? Can this be still acceptible? Sorry, now I dont have any example of what excuse are rejected.

azc
01-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Of course, he can pray if he has never prayed though

Nitro Zeus
01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Of course, he can pray if he has never prayed though
I thank God for not prohibitibg this, I'm so happy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.