/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeking beta testers for app 'MasjidPal' that lets users find/update Jama’ah times.

SmartMuslim
01-01-2019, 04:31 AM
As-salāmu ʿAlaykum dear brothers and sisters. I’ve had this idea in my head for a while and I’ve finally decided to make it a reality. As mentioned in the title, I've created a mobile app that lets users update Jama’ah times, facilities information and contact details of any masjid close to your location. This can help Muslims in western countries find prayer places and know the exact time of Iqama and plan their day accordingly. The first version of the app is close to release and I would really appreciate it if you guys tested it and gave me any feedback or recommendations. I plan to release the app on both iOS and Android but this test is restricted to Android only. Currently, the supported countries are the US, Canada, UK and Ireland.

Please go to this link to join the test program or you can download the app directly from the Play Store here. If you want to get more info or join the mailing list to be notified on launch and receive other updates, please go to masjidpal.com

Salaam,
MasjidPal.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
01-02-2019, 12:47 PM
:wasalam:

It is a very good initiative, :ma:. I am not sure whether a similar app exists or not.

Are there any privacy settings to enter the timings anonymously?

SmartMuslim
01-03-2019, 01:35 AM
I've seen a few apps that have tried the idea but I thought I could have a go myself and receive Sadaqa Jaariya. InShaAllah, if all goes well, I plan to also make the database and all masjid info available to other apps so that the Muslim community benefit at the end of the day. My vision is to have the Jama'ah times of all Masjids in the west be available in your pocket regardless of what app it's on.

I understand your privacy concerns but I had to add authentication to avoid spamming. Initially, the idea was to let users edit/add Masjid photos and I was afraid people with bad intentions would misuse this feature and authentication was added as a result. However, this feature was scrapped but the authentication system remained. Maybe in the future I will require authentication for adding image but not for editing Jama'ah times but we'll see InShaAllah.

AabiruSabeel
01-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Authentication is a necessity. It should be there. I just thought that the names of those who enter Jama'ah times might be visible to other users of the app. If that is not the case then it is ok.

I don't live in any of the countries listed so I can't contribute with any entries. I hope other users might help you :ia:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SmartMuslim
01-04-2019, 05:08 PM
The iOS beta is now available. Please use the following link to download it. Note that the iOS version might be a little bit less stable.

JazakAllahu Khairan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.