/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When a person sees an evil

ameerkam
01-02-2019, 12:34 AM
Assalamualaikum

“Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by at least hating it and believing that it is wrong], and that is the weakest of faith.”

I heard another translation that said “the weakest effect of faith” so that would I think mean that the person doesn’t necessarily have weak faith but hating it with the heart has the least effect. I think that’s right.

Also, does this include people who don’t know something is forbidden? People who are ignorant because if they don’t know then they aren’t in sin.

Also, if a person doesn’t change what is happening with say their hand and they could are they in sin?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ameerkam
01-02-2019, 12:55 AM
Also how does a Muslim live in a non Muslim country where it happens everywhere around you? How do you stop evil then? Please tell me how I can do this, I am very distressed.

azc
01-02-2019, 02:43 AM
staying away from evil and its doers is the best of protection.

MazharShafiq
01-02-2019, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Also how does a Muslim live in a non Muslim country where it happens everywhere around you? How do you stop evil then? Please tell me how I can do this, I am very distressed.
If you live in non Muslim area, and there is bad evil on every side there, if you have power, you can stop them from speaking, otherwise if you do not have power o stop. them you feel bad in your heart.and If a Muslim is doing something wrong in front of you, then you stop it with the tongue,I think it is best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZeeshanParvez
01-02-2019, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Do what you can.

If you can stop some evil with your hands without getting yourself in so much trouble which you cannot bear then do so.

If you can speak against some evil without getting yourself in so much trouble which you cannot not bear then do so.

And if you cannot do either of the above two, then feel bad in your heart. Feel very bad. Feel bad because the Laws of Allaah are being violated. Feel bad based on the above Hadiith. Feel bad for Allaah.

Your reward will be with Allaah.

ameerkam
01-02-2019, 10:53 PM
But does that mean I have to be filled with hatred literally all the time when I’m walking the street and stuff or can I just simply denounce whatever it is as bad.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.