/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about masculinity

ameerkam
01-03-2019, 02:06 AM
Assalamualaikum

I read on Wikipedia (and yes I know that’s a red flag there) and it said that in Islam, masculinity is measured by the number of male heirs and the number of women you pleasure. Is this true? Also, are you seen as less of a “man” if you can’t do this? Should you be ashamed?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Waalalikumsalam.

There is no exact definition of masculinity in Islam. What you mentioned is just personal view of few Muslims that easily can be argued. A man with multiple wives who good on the bed maybe look masculine by some people. But if in battle he chose to run instead of fight, can we still call him masculine?.

So don't be ashamed if you are not a man like in your post. As long as you never give up in facing difficulties in your life, as long as you never run from your responsibilities, as long as you are willing to help the other in goodness, In Shaa Allah, you are The Real Man.

:)

azc
01-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Narrated by Aisha :ra: ; Abdullah ibn Abbas :ra:

Allah's Messenger :saws: said, "The best of you is he who is best to his family, and I am the best among you to my family.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.61

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.