PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as Azrail's blade/sword?



Asifkhancan
01-11-2019, 07:58 AM
I want to know if there's a way you could simply stop existing after death? I don't wanna go to Jannat of the hereafter. I just want my soul to vanish as if I never existed after I die? I'd love references from the Quran, thanks.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
01-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Asifkhancan
I want to know if there's a way you could simply stop existing after death? I don't wanna go to Jannat of the hereafter. I just want my soul to vanish as if I never existed after I die? I'd love references from the Quran, thanks.
Yes, Azrael's blade is actually referred to "the angel of death". Check on wikipedia about this.
Reply

azc
01-11-2019, 11:04 AM
What you are saying is against the fundamental of Islam. You should do tawba.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
01-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by azc
What you are saying is against the fundamental of Islam. You should do tawba.
this is what Wikipedia says, dont blame me for what wiki says. See for yourself, then judge me.
Check this:

The Qur'an refers to Azrael asmalak-al-mawt (ملك الموت) "angel of death", which corresponds with Hebrew term malach ha-maweth in Rabbinic Literature. Islamic-Arabic tradition adopts the name, in the Arabic language as ʿAzrāʾīl (Arabic:-عزرائيل‎).
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
azc
01-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
this is what Wikipedia says, dont blame me for what wiki says. See for yourself, then judge me.
Check this:

The Qur'an refers to Azrael asmalak-al-mawt (ملك الموت) "angel of death", which corresponds with Hebrew term malach ha-maweth in Rabbinic Literature. Islamic-Arabic tradition adopts the name, in the Arabic language as ʿAzrāʾīl (Arabic:-عزرائيل‎).
This is not for you bro. It's for OP.

Btw wikipedia isn't a reliable source, just an opinion.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
01-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by azc
This is not for you bro. It's for OP.

Btw wikipedia isn't a reliable source, just an opinion.
I was only trying to search for his answer.
Reply

Ümit
01-11-2019, 01:56 PM
İn Turkish, the angel of death carries the name Azrail.
İ do not know where this name comes from. İ did a small research about it in the past but could not find any verse in the Quraan with this name.
Reply

Dont.know
01-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Asifkhancan
I want to know if there's a way you could simply stop existing after death? I don't wanna go to Jannat of the hereafter. I just want my soul to vanish as if I never existed after I die? I'd love references from the Quran, thanks.
Lol brother may Allah have mercy upon your soul I can't tell if your serious but the thing is even if now you say you don't wanna go jannah when you see it when you actually know what it is you wouldn't be anyplace else.

And I wouldn't even blame you for not wanting to do this test yes it can get hard at times numbing draining but the truth is were already here and we can't change anything we are only at the mercy of Allah and his power.

قَالَ هَٰذَا رَحْمَةٌ مِنْ رَبِّي ۖ فَإِذَا جَاءَ وَعْدُ رَبِّي جَعَلَهُ دَكَّاءَ ۖ وَكَانَ وَعْدُ رَبِّي حَقًّا

He said, "This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord comes, He will make it level, and ever is the promise of my Lord true."

(Arabic Muyassar Tafseer)
قال ذو القرنين: هذا الذي بنيته حاجزًا عن فساد يأجوج ومأجوج رحمة من ربي بالناس، فإذا جاء وعد ربي بخروج يأجوج ومأجوج جعله دكاء منهدمًا مستويًا بالأرض، وكان وعد ربي حقًّا.

-Sura Al-Kahf, Ayah 98
Reply

Asifkhancan
01-11-2019, 06:08 PM
Thank you guys but I’m still not sure whether there’s a way to do this? I know I shouldn’t be saying this but I’m just wondering the idea.
Reply

Dont.know
01-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Asifkhancan
Thank you guys but I’m still not sure whether there’s a way to do this? I know I shouldn’t be saying this but I’m just wondering the idea.
It goes against Allah's promise/will for us so no.

Allahualam
Reply

*charisma*
01-12-2019, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by Asifkhancan
I want to know if there's a way you could simply stop existing after death? I don't wanna go to Jannat of the hereafter. I just want my soul to vanish as if I never existed after I die? I'd love references from the Quran, thanks.
Nope.

Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned. [Quran 21:35]

Your soul doesn't belong to you; it belongs to Allah. So be aware that what you're saying is going against the purpose you were created for which is to worship Allah.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
01-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dont.know
It goes against Allah's promise/will for us so no.

Allahualam
So let me guess, if someone wishes to vanish from existence as if himself never existed when he goes to Heaven, then that would be a disbelief, isnt it?
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 08:14 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 08:51 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
  4. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 05:25 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!