/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hard time memorizing Quran

anonymous
01-11-2019, 12:11 PM
As a kid, I was able to memorize many of the smaller surahs and I still memorize them to this day but recently I tried to start memorizing more of the Quran and I'm just having a hard time memorizing it. I'm working on ayat al kursi right now and I'm working on small sections at a time but the progress is really slow. Even after repeating the same section over and over, I will forget it later on that day. It's only after many days will it sink in until I'm able to move onto the next section. For you guys who don't speak Arabic, what methods do you guys use to help memorize the Quran? I don't listen to the radio and I don't even have cable tv so it's not like my mind is being clouded by these things.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Give sadqa, do dua, memorize minimum number of verses then revise again and again, then memorize next few verses, then revise....

Revision of all previous verses you have memorized is always good....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.