/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about story of Adam

Nitro Zeus
01-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah created Adam in His picture, sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created Him, He said (to him)," Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be greeting and the greeting of your offspring. "Adam (went and said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).'

They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased' Wa Rahmatullah 'The Prophet (ﷺ) added' So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and picture of Adam Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (ie stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time. "

I understand that we use with capital letters to God when we speak about Him because thats how Quran tought. But the only thing I dont understand is: why also for Adam it was written with capital letters when we refer to Adam? Like, the first Man(Adam) or, He is the first man(Adam). I dont see any reason why it was mentioned with "Him" reffered to Adam.

And one last thing, if Adam had hybrid children, then what does that suppose to mean? Means all humanity is hybrid?? Or what? I dont understand here. I need some clear explanations here.

I dont understand why did God sent a female Jinn for Adam's sons to marry her Jinn daughters.
I wonder, if I enter Paradise, will I feel any pain when I grow all sudden and be like Adam? Or I wont feel anything??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caplets
09-01-2019, 05:07 PM
السلام عليكم

I understand that we use with capital letters to God when we speak about Him because thats how Quran tought.

The Qur'aan was revealed in the Arabic language. The ahadeeth are also in Arabic.

The Arabic language does not use capital or lower case letters , e.g. God/He/You/Man.

But the only thing I dont understand is: why also for Adam it was written with capital letters when we refer to Adam? Like, the first Man(Adam) or, He is the first man(Adam). I dont see any reason why it was mentioned with "Him" reffered to Adam.

However, the English language uses capital/lower case letters.
One place English uses them is for proper names. A proper name is a name or a title that refers to an individual person (amongst other things).

For example, 'Adam' is a proper name of an individual person ('alayhi salaam). So, it will be written with a capital 'A'.

In any case, the use of e.g. Man/Adam with or without capitals is simply down to the rules of the English language. So you would have to look at the translation in light of this language . For example, in English the word "He" (capital 'H') rather than 'he' (lower case 'h') is used at the beginning of sentences , or, some may decide to use "He" as a form of respect.

Below are the Arabic text of the hadeeth and English translations from two different sources. You may compare the translation you have and those.

The Arabic :

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ خَلَقَ اللَّهُ آدَمَ وَطُولُهُ سِتُّونَ ذِرَاعًا، ثُمَّ قَالَ اذْهَبْ فَسَلِّمْ عَلَى أُولَئِكَ مِنَ الْمَلاَئِكَةِ، فَاسْتَمِعْ مَا يُحَيُّونَكَ، تَحِيَّتُكَ وَتَحِيَّةُ ذُرِّيَّتِكَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ‏.‏ فَقَالُوا السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكَ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ‏.‏ فَزَادُوهُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ‏.‏ فَكُلُّ مَنْ يَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ عَلَى صُورَةِ آدَمَ، فَلَمْ يَزَلِ الْخَلْقُ يَنْقُصُ حَتَّى الآنَ ‏"‏‏.‏

As you can see , the issue if capitalk letters does not arise.

English Translation One:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.

Source: https://sunnah.com/bukhari/60/1

English Translation Two:

Al-Bukhaari (6227) and Muslim (2841) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah created Adam in His image, and he was sixty cubits tall. When he created him he said, ‘Go and greet that group of angels who are sitting and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your descendents.’ So he said, ‘Al-salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you),’ and they said, ‘Al-salaamu ‘alayka wa rahmat-Allaah (Peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah.’ So they added (the words) ‘wa rahmat-Allaah.’ Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam, but mankind continued to grow shorter until now.”

Source = https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2065...m-in-his-image

You would have to look into the English language and/or contact the translator regarding the hadeeth.

And Allaah Knows Best.

و عليكم السلام
[/FONT]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.