/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I learn to be sincere on making Dua and also in repenting??

Nitro Zeus
01-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Sometimes, when I seek God's forgiveness for whatever sin I have done, my feelings for regrets have gone, and I dont know how to be sincere on asking God for whatever I want to have. I really wish to know how to be sincere.

Can someone please tell me how to be sincere in everything? Because, I want this to be the first step of becoming a practical Muslim, not being a Muslim by name only.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Duas_Revival
01-12-2019, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Sometimes, when I seek God's forgiveness for whatever sin I have done, my feelings for regrets have gone, and I dont know how to be sincere on asking God for whatever I want to have. I really wish to know how to be sincere.

Can someone please tell me how to be sincere in everything? Because, I want this to be the first step of becoming a practical Muslim, not being a Muslim by name only.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Just to touch very briefly - One of the qualities of "Sincerity" is having yakeen whilst making Dua. This means you're not trying to test Allah by saying well let me see if it would work - no as a believer we need to put full trust in Allah azza wajal whilst saying the Dua(s), because in Surah Ghafir [40:60] Allah azza wajal says: And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you."

Secondly - to increase the "Sincerity" a highly recommended step - In the Quran Surah 7 Verse 180 Allah azza wajal says: "And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. What do we learn from this? Please try to memorise some of Allah azza wajal Names and Attributes and call upon them. Call upon Him by His Names: The Generous, The Beneficent, The Munificent, The Accepter of repentance, The Forgiver, The Powerful, The Free of Want and The Omnipotent. Call upon Him by those names, sing His praises by them, raise your hands towards Him with those supplications, and approach Him wholeheartedly.

For example
, whilst asking for forgiveness in your Dua(s) - you could begin by saying "Ya Ghaffar" (The one who constantly forgives) please forgive me all of my past sins, including Major Sins and Minor Sins, and that I know of and that I don't know of. Similarly, when asking for guidance - you may begin by saying "Ya Haadi" (The Provider of Guidance) please guide me and keep me steadfast in your religion.

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

emem.masorong
01-13-2019, 03:31 AM
Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Nitro Zeus
01-13-2019, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duas_Revival
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Just to touch very briefly - One of the qualities of "Sincerity" is having yakeen whilst making Dua. This means you're not trying to test Allah by saying well let me see if it would work - no as a believer we need to put full trust in Allah azza wajal whilst saying the Dua(s), because in Surah Ghafir [40:60] Allah azza wajal says: And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you."

Secondly - to increase the "Sincerity" a highly recommended step - In the Quran Surah 7 Verse 180 Allah azza wajal says: "And to Allah belong the best names, so invoke Him by them. What do we learn from this? Please try to memorise some of Allah azza wajal Names and Attributes and call upon them. Call upon Him by His Names: The Generous, The Beneficent, The Munificent, The Accepter of repentance, The Forgiver, The Powerful, The Free of Want and The Omnipotent. Call upon Him by those names, sing His praises by them, raise your hands towards Him with those supplications, and approach Him wholeheartedly.

For example
, whilst asking for forgiveness in your Dua(s) - you could begin by saying "Ya Ghaffar" (The one who constantly forgives) please forgive me all of my past sins, including Major Sins and Minor Sins, and that I know of and that I don't know of. Similarly, when asking for guidance - you may begin by saying "Ya Haadi" (The Provider of Guidance) please guide me and keep me steadfast in your religion.

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR
Ok, I wont forget yo. I'm not testing God, I have no right to do this. I'm just wishing to know how to be sincere when alsl asking for forgiveness, because sometimes I feel like I have lost sincerity and now hardlyI restore it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Duas_Revival
01-13-2019, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Ok, I wont forget yo. I'm not testing God, I have no right to do this. I'm just wishing to know how to be sincere when alsl asking for forgiveness, because sometimes I feel like I have lost sincerity and now hardlyI restore it.

Baraqallahu feek.

Just to add to our previous email - this video Insha'Allah shall answer the question - "Can someone please tell me how to be sincere in everything?"

Firstly - Allah azza wajal says in Surah Ar-Ra'd 13 Verse 11: “Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” What do we learn form this ayat? With the capability and capacity we have, we have to strive to become a better person. This means staying away from the prohibitions Allah azza wajal has forbidden us; simultaneously doing Good deeds. “Have Taqwa (fear) of Allah wherever you may be, and follow up a bad deed with a good deed which will wipe it out, and behave well towards the people.” [At-Tirmidhi]

Secondly - in relation to your question the answer is in this video - if it's not too much trouble, please kindly watch this video - explains how sincerity is affected and how to increase sincerity within our life (furthermore, recommend watching this because it's so joyful, very joyful and highly important for this question):

Thirdly - after watching the video - to find out individual level of sincerity - please ask yourself "Am I Blocked?" If so please follow the recommended strategies to Unblock!

Jazakallahu Khair,
DR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.