/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My mother is forcing me to consume RIBA!

SintoDinto
01-12-2019, 06:41 PM
My Muslim mother is forcing me to get loans from the government to pay for my education at college. She tells me if I don't go to college, she's kicking me out of her house. I have no job, no money, no car, no driver's license, and nothing. I also have autism, borderline personality disorder, and anxiety, and rely upon pharmaceuticals and psychiatric services and expensive psychotherapy far away from our house. She even snuck behind my back and took out a loan from the bank. Despite telling me she was paying for it. She also loves sufyani ataturk, and claims she is too poor and in debt to pay, despite making over 100,000 dollars a year.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
12-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Is this still a problem right now? I know this thread is quite old but maybe we can bring it back. Riba is a very bad sin so it should be treated like other major sins, do you have any local imams you can counsel with about this situation?

SintoDinto
12-07-2019, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
Is this still a problem right now? I know this thread is quite old but maybe we can bring it back. Riba is a very bad sin so it should be treated like other major sins, do you have any local imams you can counsel with about this situation?
the imams in our jamaat are friendly towards riba in case of "dire neccessity", and she only ever goes to our jamaat whereas I am more open to other masjids and schools of thought. i have since convinced my mother not to pay for loans with riba, and she has promised she won't kick me out, and we have decided to get a monthly payment plan, and she also is open to limiting my credits if possible, or waiting for a raise, and i found out she could not pay for my loans in a way without my permission, so i removed her from the papers saying she could have access to my financial aid papers.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-08-2019, 07:29 PM
Oh ok good. And it is definitely good to seek different opinions on the matter. I'm glad you convinced your mother not to do so because it is VERY important to stay away from that. If this situation happpens again, try your best to stay away and do what you feel is right and make sure to ask Allah for help. May Allah keep you strong

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.