/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this true? Working individually or as a company

emem.masorong
01-13-2019, 02:59 AM
I read somewhere, as far as I remember, that we should work individually in Islam? What if I want to create a company with a team?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
01-13-2019, 03:57 PM
Asalaamualykum -

I have never came across that in my life. There is a possible reason as to why one would lean to that and that will be that things like 5 Times Salaah and so on would be easier if you are your own boss.

Working for someone else is totally Halaal

emem.masorong
02-11-2019, 01:47 AM
So your saying brother that it's okay to work a company?

Abz2000
02-11-2019, 02:32 AM
A meth lab with 15 employees and a few dozen mules? Or maybe a reincarnation the pirate east india company? Blackwater? A Fallafel stall where two partners work lawful shifts? Depends on the lawfulness of the business and intention really.

Who do you think was riding and looking after Abd al-Rahman ibn 'Awf's long caravans of camel laden imports whilst purchasing, sorting, loading, and unloading goods?

The advice given is to make a clear deed in writing due to the fact that future obligations are involved, and only what is lawful is enforceable as a contractual obligation.

From wikipedia - please re-confirm facts if in doubt, since this is a simple crowd-run project.

When 'Abd al-Rahman ibn 'Awf died, he was worth approximately 3.1 billion dinars which, at current rates of US$40 per gram, is more than US$527 billion because the dinar was the trading currency at that time.[10][11] Along with dinars, he left 10,000 goats, 1,000 horses, 1,000 camels and a vast area of land.

'Abd al-Rahman was known as a business sensation in Mecca.[12][13] When he was asked about the secret of his success, he replied that he never lifted a stone unless he expected to find gold or silver under it.[1]:96

Generosity Edit
Many stories are told of 'Abd al-Rahman's personal generosity. He once furnished Muhammad's army with 1,500 camels.[citation needed] He bequeathed 400 dinars to the survivors of Badr and a large legacy to the widows of Muhammad.[citation needed] One day he brought a caravan of 700 merchant-camels into Medina. Aisha remarked, "I have heard the Allah's Messenger say: 'I have seen 'Abd al-Rahman ibn Awf entering Paradise crawling.'" This was repeated to 'Abd al-Rahman, who replied: "If I could, I would certainly like to enter Paradise standing. I swear to you, yaa Ammah, that this entire caravan with all its merchandise, I will give in charity." And so he did.[14]

Physical Features Edit
'Abd al-Rahman ibn 'Awf was tall and bent-backed with a fine, light, rosy complexion and a handsome face. In old age he did not dye his hair.[1]:101 Other descriptions refer to his curly hair; lustrous, long-lashed eyes; convex nose; somewhat protruding upper teeth; thick hair under the earlobes; long, elegant neck; and thick, masculine hands and fingers.[citation needed] He had a limp due to the wounds that he incurred at the Battle of Uhud.[citation needed]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%27A...man_ibn_%27Awf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
02-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Working together has always been important in Islam, and it makes sense, since it is close to impossible to survive on one’s own – and it falls upon all believers to honor this responsibility and hold on to the rope .

The strength of a thriving Muslim community lies in its unity. God says in the Noble Quran:

{And hold fast all together by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you) and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah’s favor on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love so that by His grace ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of fire and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make his signs clear to you: that ye may be guided.} (Al-Imran 3:103)

A lot of good can come out of hanging on together and helping each other out in times of difficulties. This gets to collate the good in each Muslim and shun out the evil that may be therein. It also blocks out Satan the accursed and his devices, no matter in what form.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was also stern about Muslims working together as a team. In a beautiful hadith, he once said:

“Faithful believers are to each other as the bricks of a wall, supporting and reinforcing each other. So saying, the Prophet Muhammad clasped his hands by interlocking his fingers.” (Al-Bukhari)

azc
02-11-2019, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
I read somewhere, as far as I remember, that we should work individually in Islam? What if I want to create a company with a team?
Most important thing is that earning should be halal whether individually or with a team.

MazharShafiq
02-12-2019, 05:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Most important thing is that earning should be halal whether individually or with a team.
yes it is necessary earnings should be halal and clean.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.