/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hard situation

ameerkam
01-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Assalamualaikum

I have a friend who’s an atheist and he smokes weed (he doesn’t do it in front of me) and due to his personal beliefs he doesn’t see anything wrong with it. Am I obligated to report him to the police? This would obviously make his life really hard for him.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-14-2019, 01:25 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Not every law violation should be reported to police. If the case is considered crime that badly affect other people like robbing, stealing, blackmailing, etc. Yes, it should be reported to protect people becoming next victims if it's not stopped.

But what your friend do is just smoking weed, and he is not a dealer that distribute it. He doesn't harm other people. It's better if you try to make him stop smoking weed if you can. Or at least, when he is with you, try to make situation that make him can't smoke weed like trough going together to public place.

azc
01-14-2019, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
AssalamualaikumI have a friend who’s an atheist and he smokes weed (he doesn’t do it in front of me) and due to his personal beliefs he doesn’t see anything wrong with it. Am I obligated to report him to the police? This would obviously make his life really hard for him.Jazzakallahu Khair
:wa: I don't think it's a good idea. You can take help of other person like his friend who can talk to him.

MazharShafiq
01-15-2019, 03:54 PM
. It's better if you try to make him stop smoking weed if you can. Or at least, when he is with you, try to make situation that make him can't smoke weed like trough going together to public place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mandy
01-15-2019, 06:47 PM
As other have said, you can better help him and make him stop by being a friend rather than sending the police after him.
Beside, depending on where you live, he might just get a fine, which would not exactly stop him form doing it anyway.

Supernova
01-15-2019, 08:06 PM
Even if you report him - you not a valid witness. Brings me to my next point - if you never see him do it, how do you know he does it?

OLFocus
01-15-2019, 09:29 PM
In my opinion don't do that

Give advice constantly, be more patient

ameerkam
02-05-2019, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Not every law violation should be reported to police. If the case is considered crime that badly affect other people like robbing, stealing, blackmailing, etc. Yes, it should be reported to protect people becoming next victims if it's not stopped.

But what your friend do is just smoking weed, and he is not a dealer that distribute it. He doesn't harm other people. It's better if you try to make him stop smoking weed if you can. Or at least, when he is with you, try to make situation that make him can't smoke weed like trough going together to public place.
I understand that and I’d like to do that but doesn’t the ruling to change an evil with your hand, tongue or heart hen you see an evil counteract your point?
Also, in that ruling, is it meant for you to change the evil immediately or are you meant to change it even if it wouldn’t be immediate?

Predator
02-17-2019, 12:44 PM
As Muslims we should forbid what is wrong,we should tell him about negative impacts and effects of drugs and advice him to stop the usage

M.I.A.
02-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Assalamualaikum

I have a friend who’s an atheist and he smokes weed (he doesn’t do it in front of me) and due to his personal beliefs he doesn’t see anything wrong with it. Am I obligated to report him to the police? This would obviously make his life really hard for him.

Jazzakallahu Khair
I had a business, although it was in itself not haram or inclusive of haram things it bought me the wrong type of customer, Because of the area and the opening hours and the culture of Modern destitute people.

I wasn't really sanctimonious about the fact because I was struggling and really needed the business.

But it appears that the area was being watched and a lot of people I "knew" ended up getting into trouble with the police.

I had to close the business also because it wasn't really enough.

I did according to what I am really.. as I suppose you will do.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

As for weed smokers, or atheism I really don't know anymore.. who dictates what is said or what happens..

Who can stop it from happening or pushes for it to happen.

At the end of the day I suppose we would all rather be successful..

But if you have a naturally harsh tongue or inclination without knowing it, I suppose it's better for you.

..so your not with the losers in the hereafter.. or the Dunya.

Better to do than to know I suppose.

I have a new job and a new start now.

..although I suppose we are only judged on the habits we cant rid ourselves off.

The Prince
02-25-2019, 05:00 PM
The police isnt much of a detterent to be honest so it wont achieve anything. Waste of time in my opinion.

In your situation I would just explain to him why he shouldnt be smoking weed and leave him to his own decisions.

Theres only so much one can do for another.

IslamLife00
02-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Assalamualaikum

Jazzakallahu Khair
Did you see it yourself? If you only heard his words, just tell him not to do it.

It was narrated that Tariq bin Shihab said:
"Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri said: 'I heard the Messenger of Allah [SAW] say: Whoever among you sees an evil and changes it with his hand, then he has done his duty. Whoever is unable to do that, but changes it with his tongue, then he has done his duty. Whoever is unable to do that, but changes it with his heart, then he has done his duty, and that is the weakest of Faith.'" (Sunan An-Nasa'i)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.