/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has God Made for us signs for telling the approaching of death?

Nitro Zeus
01-13-2019, 07:21 PM
I just wish to know, Quran did not say anything about the time and place where we will die, I wonder does Quran says what are the signs that a person can tell for sure that the his end is near? If yes, will the person can still seek God's forgiveness even though he has witnessed one of his signs for death approach?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
01-13-2019, 10:44 PM
No one knows when they will die. If people knew then they surely wouldn't be wasting their time and would rather focus on pleasing Allah. That's why many think they will live until they see old age. Many don't, though.

Nitro Zeus
01-13-2019, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
No one knows when they will die. If people knew then they surely wouldn't be wasting their time and would rather focus on pleasing Allah. That's why many think they will live until they see old age. Many don't, though.
That would be scary. If I would know the signs, then surely I would make preparations in fast way so that I can feel relaxed.

ardianto
01-14-2019, 01:57 AM
Assalamualaikum.

Human have nature of survival that make them will try to still alive in dangerous situation. So, if someone 'saw a sign' that he would die soon, like in movie Final Destination, then his nature of survival would make him try to escape from posibility of death, like in that movie.

Exception is in cases which someone know he will die soon but cannot escape from it, like death row inmate, or someone who suffer from deadly uncurrable disease. In case like this the religious person will repent, will non-religious will try to fill his last days with what he like.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-14-2019, 02:54 AM
What is in our hands is that We should try to become pious Muslim; and further, leave it to Allah :swt:

Nitro Zeus
01-15-2019, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamualaikum.

Human have nature of survival that make them will try to still alive in dangerous situation. So, if someone 'saw a sign' that he would die soon, like in movie Final Destination, then his nature of survival would make him try to escape from posibility of death, like in that movie.

Exception is in cases which someone know he will die soon but cannot escape from it, like death row inmate, or someone who suffer from deadly uncurrable disease. In case like this the religious person will repent, will non-religious will try to fill his last days with what he like.
Huh, death is inevitable. If I would saw a sign that my end is near, surely I would take the advantage of making an emergency preparation as fast as I can. But now I'm too blinded to see the sign. But, hopefully I will do well even in my last day.

ardianto
01-15-2019, 05:48 AM
Several people ever came to my office. Talked to me personally and reminded me that death can come anytime. So I must prepare myself before death is coming to me.

Are they ulama?. No!. But life insurance agents.

Nitro Zeus
01-15-2019, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Several people ever came to my office. Talked to me personally and reminded me that death can come anytime. So I must prepare myself before death is coming to me.

Are they ulama?. No!. But life insurance agents.
I heard from one of the scholars telling that one if the signs of death is: white hair and old age.

OLFocus
01-15-2019, 09:44 PM
No one knows when he will die, where or how.

Can we see a sign that shows us that our death is near? Yes it is possible in what we see in our dreams, this kind of dream can only be explained by a religious scholar

Can we at that time ask God to forgive us? Yes

It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin' Amr that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:"Allah accepts the repentance of His slave so long as the death rattle has not yet reached his throat."

Nitro Zeus
01-15-2019, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by OLFocus
No one knows when he will die, where or how.

Can we see a sign that shows us that our death is near? Yes it is possible in what we see in our dreams, this kind of dream can only be explained by a religious scholar

Can we at that time ask God to forgive us? Yes

It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin' Amr that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:"Allah accepts the repentance of His slave so long as the death rattle has not yet reached his throat."
What is "death rattle"? How should one feel this? What should he feel when it approaches?

OLFocus
01-15-2019, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
What is "death rattle"? How should one feel this? What should he feel when it approaches?
death rattle: a gurgling sound heard in a dying person's throat.

But that does not mean that everyone will see signs before they die, no

The bottom line is that we must always be ready we have to get ready for this day doing what Allah has asked us to do

- - - Updated - - -

On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) took me by the shoulder and said, “Be in this world as though you were a stranger or a wayfarer.” And Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) used to say, “In the evening do not expect [to live until] the morning, and in the morning do not expect [to live until] the evening. Take [advantage of] your health before times of sickness, and [take advantage of] your life before your death.” [Al-Bukhari]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.