/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mods need to take control

Supernova
01-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Asalaamualaykum

I have pointed this out before that Trolls here are being let rope to confuse layman Muslims about deep Aqa'id issues.

Any person with even the slightest knowledge in Deen knows certain topics can only be thought via a Scholar and very likely in a Verbal sense.

MODS are allowing people to "ask" any sort of questions here yet it is more than obvious the intent is to confuse the masses of Muslims.

I also pointed out that I noticed that on a certain Christian forum i once saw - they have a filter process - knowing very well that everything can't be masked just a "Question"

I also pointed out that because this is Internet Website - any innocent child can end of reading these "questions" which are actually derogatory statements and end of Losing their Imaan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-14-2019, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum

I have pointed this out before that Trolls here are being let rope to confuse layman Muslims about deep Aqa'id issues.

Any person with even the slightest knowledge in Deen knows certain topics can only be thought via a Scholar and very likely in a Verbal sense.

MODS are allowing people to "ask" any sort of questions here yet it is more than obvious the intent is to confuse the masses of Muslims.

I also pointed out that I noticed that on a certain Christian forum i once saw - they have a filter process - knowing very well that everything can't be masked just a "Question"

I also pointed out that because this is Internet Website - any innocent child can end of reading these "questions" which are actually derogatory statements and end of Losing their Imaan.
:wa:
bro,
Why don't you report such posts....?

Supernova
01-14-2019, 01:54 PM
I did report not only the post but explained in detail.

When the Mods don't act - what more can we do ?

- - - Updated - - -

Another point is : This is exactly why Ummah Forum applied a certain rule in their system.

They were also getting tired of the first time users posing "questions" but yet anyone with a brain saw that the question was an inflammatory remark about Allah SWT or Rasool SAW or the Deen.

All new users had to partake politely and respectfully in the forum first over time or points based then only were they allowed to POST something.

They never reach that point for nothing - its exactly the measure thats being ignored in this forum !

azc
01-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Asalaamualaykum

- - - Updated - - -

Another point is : This is exactly why Ummah Forum applied a certain rule in their system.

They were also getting tired of the first time users posing "questions" but yet anyone with a brain saw that the question was an inflammatory remark about Allah SWT or Rasool SAW or the Deen.

All new users had to partake politely and respectfully in the forum first over time or points based then only were they allowed to POST something.

They never reach that point for nothing - its exactly the measure thats being ignored in this forum !
You have done your job.

So far 3 posts I've found objectionable on the board, so each time I Informed the staff by starting the thread in help desk, and action was taken promptly by the admin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
01-14-2019, 03:00 PM
But we dont have a troll detector so the mods have to assume every question as sincere at first. Its only by time the users start to realize the troll. Maybe many sincere users were the victims of these kind of false observations in the past.

Maybe this can be followed. The new users shall not start threads until they reach 25 or something posts.

eesa the kiwi
01-14-2019, 08:06 PM
Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

A lot is deleted behind the scenes we get some really dodgy stuff at times but problem is when we do delete posts we get complaints about censorship so whatever we do people aren't happy

I fully agree with your sentiment but afaik this already implemented. I don't know what happened to prompt this thread but report the posts and I'll take a look inshaAllah

InshaAllah @AabiruSabeel has some feedback

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Mandy
01-14-2019, 08:45 PM

It is hard to know what you are referring to since you do not say anything about the post in question.

But I personally say that I reported such posts in the past and the mod always acted quickly on it. Maybe your message was sent when it happened that all mods were away.
A sort of point system might help reduce such questions, but it would also drive away people. So there would be less new members. Also keep in mind that, well, some people have weird questions and it might not be just people wanting to act as trolls. That is a part of helping everyone learn and grow in islam.

*charisma*
01-15-2019, 05:09 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

Asalaamualaykum

Bro, really some people legitimately have questions that are odd, some due to their young age and others due to other reasons. Praise Allah that we have some capacity of logic not to ask those questions, but others do not.

You only see what goes on in the public forums so I don't think it's fair to judge all the work that we do in the background and say that we do nothing. You really have no idea what we get on a daily basis and how much we do delete. On top of that we have to deal with complaints from those like yourself and from those whose posts get deleted. Frankly, I understand where you're coming from and see what you're seeing, but you're not doing the work that we're doing to fully grasp what we know about members and the posts that come through.

I personally believe if there's a silly question about Islam asked, then it is much better for it to be asked and answered here amongst Muslims than for it to be asked on a forum/site where it will be ridiculed, answered incorrectly, and/or push people away from their faith. As long as the question has a proper answer, then I don't see what the issue is.

You also said that you reported a post, I don't know if that was via private messaging to the Admin or not, but there's no recent reported posts by you via reporting system or helpdesk, so I can't really comment on what exactly it is you were referring to in the first place. Every post/thread/member is taken into account individually, so blanketed general statements are not necessarily helpful.

EDIT: Btw, I just saw your post. You're confusing different members bro. They're not the same person.

Nitro Zeus
01-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Asalaamualaykum

If you think of me that I am a troll, well you are completely wrong about me. Even if you think that I ask weird questions, I try to make clear explanations why I am asking. I am not same as before being unserious. Really. Now I am asking beneficial questions, sometimes I ask only to clarify things because I did not understood something. Let me tell you something, sometimes you,wont notice but I tell you what: you do sometimes judge someone injustly, you need to pay attention, not just to blame. Because, yesterday I felt that you were reffering to me. So, please be careful. First of all, mention the members when you have something to complain so that there will be no more confusion, ok?

ZeeshanParvez
01-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Asalaamualaykum
Which scholars?

The Ash'ari scholar, the Maturidi one, or the Athari one?

People, more often than not, know what their scholar said if they are born Muslims.

On a forum they get to hear what the opposition says.

Btw how does a layman know which scholar from the above three is on haqq as the Maturidi of the past have declared takfiir on the Ashaa'irah and the Athari of today find both these sects deviant.

As per the rule, we are not supposed to learn from deviants.

Who is the deviant here and which scholar do you advise ppl on here take their aqiidah from?

Supernova
01-15-2019, 01:16 PM
Asalaamualaykum

I am talking about Aqeeda in general - not the specifics in differentials of methodology and approach ie. That would be precised as your 5 Kalimas.

- - - Updated - - -

Asalaamualaykum.
You missing my point.

Most, nearly all, these questions aren't just questions. The masked with association of the questioner somehow feeling it compulsory to make statements to go alongside the issue. Those statements are what I am referring to.

When someone feels it very important to consistently explain their evil "theology" in the question - one has to come to common sense to understand their motive.

Mandy
01-15-2019, 06:37 PM
You missing my point.

Most, nearly all, these questions aren't just questions. The masked with association of the questioner somehow feeling it compulsory to make statements to go alongside the issue. Those statements are what I am referring to.
I do want to sound argumentative. But I believe you are missing the point others are making in their replies.

You clearly are educated and know how to write properly. You are good with words and good with words in english. Many people are not so lucky as to write so clearly. In some case (and some) you might see a double meaning to a post that the author did not even have in mind. Yes some posts are dodgy, questionable and just plain weird. By it is by asking questions that we learn. And the answer and how knowledgeable people answer to those questionable questions is good for those of us who know less but aspire to learn more. It helps us to know how to react to such statements should we encounter them in our daily life.

After all, it is unfortunately a fact that most of us will meet anti-islamic people in our day to day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.