/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wedding may be haram

Studentofdeed
01-15-2019, 06:13 PM
I have a sister who is getting married alhamdullah but her wedding may have haram things like dancing, mixed gatherings, and music.
Is it true that such gathering is haram and the food is haram to eat? What should I do? If I dont go I will greatly upset my family and at the same time I will among sin and not a good muslim. I do not want to invoke the wrath of allah and how I expect allah to answer my duas if my food is haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mandy
01-15-2019, 06:44 PM
The food is Haram? Is your sister muslim? If so, I doubt she will serve pork and alcohol and other clearly haram food at her wedding, will she??
Or do you mean it will be haram because of the presence of other haram things at the wedding?

Family is a blessing but can also be a cause for trouble. Try to be there for her on this special day, do not ruin it for her. After all, the more you stay in her life the more chances you will have to change her opinion and attitude toward these things. If you simply cut all communication, you will never have the opportunity to change her mind. (and believe me, refusing to attend your sister wedding will damage your relationship with her BADLY and you won't be able to make things better after)

Note that this is my personal opinion and I do not have any Hadith to back it up. If it was a simple friend, then you should not go as it is very bad to involve yourself in haram things. But for a sister, I believe you can still go as long as you do not participate directly in the haram parts.

azc
01-15-2019, 06:57 PM
It's very difficult to speak on this topic. I can say only this that you are more pious than me.

Supernova
01-15-2019, 08:02 PM
Asalaamualaykum

For the food to be considered Haraam it means that it fails the process that makes it Halaal OR has Haraam ingredients.

Although there will be haraam activities around that doesn't constitute the food to be Haraam.

Say if some other family or friend who can't make it to the wedding sent some of that very same food - In no way would the food be considered Haraam.

You mixing up two different issues here The Haraam Activities against the Food.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
OLFocus
01-15-2019, 08:11 PM
As long as you pay attention to these details, I congratulate you
But I advise you to ask an answer from a scholar

you can send your question here
https://islamqa.info/en

Inshaa allah since you are looking for an answer Allah will guide you to the correct path

Studentofdeed
01-16-2019, 01:39 AM
Jazakallah khayran

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your guys advice
May allah bless you all

Nájlá
01-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Don't cut ties with your family. And you don't have to involve yourself with the haram activities you mentioned. You can attend in the last hour for the family photos or whenever they're doing it.

You don't have to sit with the opposite gender,
You don't have to dance,
And you can bring your own earphones and listen to nasheed to avoid music? (Here's a trick).
As for the food. I'm sure it's not haram if your family is muslim? Eat eat eat. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.