/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The parents role

ameerkam
01-17-2019, 12:03 PM
Assalamualaikum

I am 19 now, and I know that one of the responsibilities that parents have is to protect their children from evil. I have moved out out of my choice and they have approved it and due to that I am susceptible to evil as I’m on my own.
Is this impermissible? As in, did they make the haraam choice to let me move out (even the best of people are susceptible to evil when exposed to it). Do I have to ask my parents to keep an eye of me even though I am fairly old?

Does this ruling stay until adolescence (as in it is enforced during the time that they are still children) because should a parent still be snooping in on their son when he’s like in his 30s and has a family of his own?
These parts of the ruling I’m finding a bit of difficulty understanding.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
01-18-2019, 03:58 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam

There is no rule in Islam that prohibit child to move out from his parents house. And also there is no rule that order child to move out from parent house after reach specific age. Move out or not move out is mubah matter which we are allowed to do or not to do. But, we must take the best choice.

My 20 years old son doesn't live with me. But rent a room near his campus, although still in same city. He studies in an university in another side of city, and must face badly traffic jam on trip to campus if he live in our house. So he decided to rent a room near his campus. I allowed it because this is better for him, and I am sure he already know what is the right, what is the wrong.

So, young brother, if you want to move out, at first you must think and consider, which is better for you and your family. If move out is better for your condition, you can move out. But if move out will cause problem, like you must rent a room, but have no money, it's better if you still live in parents house until you afford to move out .

And about parents role. Yes, parents have responsibility to observe the child and protect the child from evil. But later after the child has grown up into adult and the parents have grown old too, then the role changed. Child must start to give attention to the parents condition. Are the parents in good healthy or in sick, are the parent okay or in badly financial condition, etc. And the child must willing to help the parents.

Mandy
01-18-2019, 01:17 PM
As parents, we will always feel we have to protect our children. Of course the way that is done is different when our child is 3 years old than when he is 30.
As for moving out, the way your parents brought you up will help you make the best decision. At one point you need to be able to make decisions on your own and ultimately, you will make decisions for your own children.

Just the fact that you are asking yourself these questions tells me you seem very mature and that you will probably do what is best for your situation

MazharShafiq
01-18-2019, 05:24 PM
Parents And Children

Your parents and your children, ye know not which of them are nearest to you in benefit. . . (Qur'an, 4:11)

This ayah shows the Islamic attitude towards the relationship between parents and children. From infancy to adulthood, it is unparalleled tender love and care of the parents which brings the child from the stage of absolute weakness and helplessness to perfect strength and independence.

Conversely, in old age a man becomes like a small child; the mind and body turn so weak that Allah says:

If We grant long life to any, We cause him to be reversed in nature . . . (Qur'an, 36:68)

Yesterday, your parents looked after you when you were too feeble to look after yourself; today you must look after them

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
01-18-2019, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Parents And Children

Your parents and your children, ye know not which of them are nearest to you in benefit. . . (Qur'an, 4:11)

This ayah shows the Islamic attitude towards the relationship between parents and children. From infancy to adulthood, it is unparalleled tender love and care of the parents which brings the child from the stage of absolute weakness and helplessness to perfect strength and independence.

Conversely, in old age a man becomes like a small child; the mind and body turn so weak that Allah says:

If We grant long life to any, We cause him to be reversed in nature . . . (Qur'an, 36:68)

Yesterday, your parents looked after you when you were too feeble to look after yourself; today you must look after them
In this verse, what does it mean actually "We would cause him to be reversed in natuee..."? Is there any clear interpretention for it? Its the first time I read it.

azc
01-20-2019, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
In this verse, what does it mean actually "We would cause him to be reversed in natuee..."? Is there any clear interpretention for it? Its the first time I read it.
Parents And Children

see again the verses you have quoted:

وَالشَّمۡسُ تَجۡرِىۡ لِمُسۡتَقَرٍّ لَّهَا ​ؕ ذٰلِكَ تَقۡدِيۡرُ الۡعَزِيۡزِ الۡعَلِيۡمِؕ‏
(36:38) The sun is running its course to its appointed place.33That is the ordaining of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.
http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafhe...verse=37&to=40

ameerkam
04-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Parents And Children

Is this explanation from tafsir? Or is it your own?

MazharShafiq
04-11-2019, 02:43 PM
from tafseer not my own.

Supernova
04-11-2019, 07:40 PM
Asalaamualaykum :

As usual Utter Solid Gold Donkey Droppings falls out of out of your mouth.

What "Rulings" Are you referring to ? Can you please Quote this Ruling from an Authentic Source?

AbdurRahman.
04-11-2019, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum :

What "Rulings" Are you referring to ? Can you please Quote this Ruling from an Authentic Source?
Lol your right bro. I think he's a troll

ameerkam
04-14-2019, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum :

I don’t understand why you need to be rude. I don’t know the rulings that is why I’m asking people. I have waswas al qahri I keep getting anxious

Supernova
04-16-2019, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
I don’t understand why you need to be rude. I don’t know the rulings that is why I’m asking people. I have waswas al qahri I keep getting anxious
You still never answer the question.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.