/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About zakat

safiun.alfa
01-21-2019, 03:06 AM
I am a jobless income less woman. But I have gold jewellery and I heard that zakat is a farz on women also.. So how can I pay my zakat being a income less lady!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
01-21-2019, 12:04 PM
If you cannot pay zakat for gold due to no income then you have to sell some of the gold. (Which won't be a lot).

I too have no income, I went to a jewellery shop worked out how much my gold is worth, And how much zakat I need to pay. It only came around ($103). And I sold a ring for that.

Mandy
01-21-2019, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by safiun.alfa
I am a jobless income less woman. But I have gold jewellery and I heard that zakat is a farz on women also.. So how can I pay my zakat being a income less lady!
Are you married? You must have some sort of income to support yourself. Can't you manage to pay zakat with a part of that money?

Supernova
01-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

Firstly - The gold you have in possession will have to tally to the amount that in Cash will above the Nisab Value of your locality.

If that gold is worth below the Nisab value - you will be exempt from Zakaat

If the gold is above the Nisab value you would have Trade/Sell it for Cash.

I Highly suggest to speak to a local scholar regarding your issue because paying Zakaat can be a complex matter. You must understand that speaking to local scholar would mean you divulging your entire financial status with truth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.