/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stealing in ignorance

ameerkam
01-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Assalamualaikum

If a person stole something and didn’t know that stealing was haraam would it be accounted as a sin? And could I have some proof of this?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
01-24-2019, 02:57 AM
:sl:

We would be held accountable for our ignorance, even if someone didn't know stealing is Haram. I'm sure they knew it was wrong? And whatever is wrong is most likely to be Haram. So I really don't see an excuse in the case of stealing. It is not one of those issues that people get themselves into without really knowing the islamic ruling behind it. I.e breaking fast in Ramadan (for a basic example) Stealing is as clear as white and black to be wrong (haram).

But then again everything goes back to what is in our hearts (Which only Allah can know). One should repent and know that Allah is the most merciful. But what was stolen should be given back.

Here is a fatwa
https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.../answers/43017

Mandy
01-24-2019, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
If a person stole something and didn’t know that stealing was haraam
How can anyone not know stealing is bad?
Of course some less informed muslim might do haram things without knowing it is haram. But stealing is such a basic bad things, no one (except maybe a young child) may truly not know that stealing is forbidden.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.