/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please help me extreme waswas

Fathi
01-23-2019, 11:16 PM
I have a extreme waswas problem. It's difficult for me to live my life normally. I keep repeatedly doing things in fear of Allah. I fear to go out now because when ever I go out I fear I might accidentally step on something which is not mine and I have to go to the person and say sorry for stepping on it and I keep doing it thinking Allah might punish me for not saying sorry. If someone from work ask me to fill up a paper or sign it after filling it I have the fear what if I accidently tear a small piece of the paper even if I am not sure tire it or not, something in my mind keeps telling me go and say sorry to that person if not Allah will punish you. I am scared to touch another persons belonging having the fear something would happen accidently to that thing and I will have to keep telling the owner sorry if not Allah will punish me. I have come to a state I can't concentrate on anything. Every minute I spend at work I live in fear that I might accidently tear a paper when I touch it or I keep checking things I did it or not. When my workplace boss ask me to do something I fear of doing it because I fear what if I do a mistake and keep checking the work many times as I could to check whether I have done it properly or not and after submitting it I fear what if there is something wrong so again I go to him and say sorry if there is something wrong. Or I I keep telling my mind no I would have done it correctly and once I come home I fear what if there is something wrong in what I have done will Allah punish me for it and I cannot stay at home and not sleep.. thoughts in my mind is really disturbing me.Please help me with this issue. One moment I do a thing and the next moment I forget it and think have I done it what if I have not done it should I go and tell I am sorry for not even if I am not sure of that thing and if not Allah will punish me. Please what should I do? How can I come out that problem. Every time I cannot go to people and keep saying sorry for everything just because I do things accidently. I am very sure I am very careful and if I have done something wrong it should be accidently in that case should I keep to the other person and should I tell him? I fear I will have a different problem if I continue this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mandy
01-24-2019, 01:02 AM
What you are describing seems rather serious. I would advice that you seek help from a health professional. There are very wise people on this forum and some can give very wise advises. But no one here could provide the help you seem to be seeking.
I am sure there are resources available where you live that you can call and possibly even go see in person.

bint e aisha
01-24-2019, 09:47 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Sister, what you have described is called OCD and as the sister above said you need to consult some medical doctor for proper treatment.

As for Islamic advice, I would suggest you to recite sunnah duas and seek refuge in Allah from the accursed Satan and do not let him play with your mind.

Shaykh Saleem Dhorat says:

Thoughts/ Wasaawis are like Guests. If one made a guest feel welcome, the guest is inclined to visit again and the more welcome he is made to feel the more he will be inclined to visit. However when a guest is made to feel unwelcome he may visit once or twice and then at the continuous cool reception no self respecting person will visit again.

Similarly unwanted thoughts/Wasaawis will continue to come if attention is paid to them. If ignored they may persist for a while but eventually they will cease Insha Allah.

Also please follow the advices given in the link below. InshaAllah it will help.

http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...ting-wasaawis/

Fathi
01-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Thank you for your reply. So don't you think Allah will not punish me if I do not say sorry. I only fear that Allah will punish me if I do not go and say sorry for those people when I do things accidently or not. My problem is accidents happens and we could say sorry once but every minute I cannot go to them and say sorry right...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint e aisha
01-24-2019, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fathi
Thank you for your reply. So don't you think Allah will not punish me if I do not say sorry. I only fear that Allah will punish me if I do not go and say sorry for those people when I do things accidently or not. My problem is accidents happens and we could say sorry once but every minute I cannot go to them and say sorry right...
Rest assured. Allah ta'ala will not punish you for these little things. Be easy on yourself.

Fathi
01-25-2019, 06:42 AM
JazakAllah sister...May Allah bless you

jameelash
01-26-2019, 12:59 PM
This is what is calle OCD.unless u approach a doctor no way.u can approach a doctor for councelling .there r doctors who deal with ocd patients .find out .nd start getting treatment as far as I know they’ll prescribe tablets which will improve ur problem . The quick action u take the better result will be . One of my relative had ocd and for she had been taking tablet forpast 2 yrs at night. Nd she is by Allahs grace better and happyMay Allah help you Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.