/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are some REALLY good Quran verses on the following things?

blobcatmap
01-28-2019, 02:59 AM
I'm looking for some really deep, profound Quran verses on the following things.

1. The nature of God

2. Hard work

3. Patience when it comes to goals

4. Dealing with tragedy

5. Being an atheist/agnostic

6. Confusion

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-28-2019, 08:12 AM
Greetings and peace be with you blobcatmap;

The nature of God
We strive to be like the God we worship. I think studying the 99 names of Allah is a good place to start. His first two names represent mercy and kindness, and three of his names are forgiving. I found this helpful from a Christian perception.

https://99namesofallah.name/

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric

urkahnkhan
01-28-2019, 10:30 AM
1. The nature of God

In Surah al-Ikhlas Allah talks about his nature and that Surah recited 3 times weighes more than the entire Quran hence it's talking about the identity of Allah and in some several other chapters Allah's identity is talked about.

112:1

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,

112:2

Allah, the Eternal Refuge.

112:3

He neither begets nor is born,

112:4

Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

57:3

He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.

and this one is from Ayatul kursi------->

2:255

In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.

And more on the topic regarding the nature of Allah -------->

Allah: The God الله

"Allah" is the name which God has described Himself with, as stated in Verse 14 of Surat Ta Ha (Chapter 20), Verse 9 of Surat Al-Naml (Chapter 27), and Verse 30 of Surat Al-Qassas (Chapter 28) of the Holy Quran. He is the Creator of life, Who is worshipped by His creations as an expression of gratitude for His blessings, which include life, care, provision, and the promise of everlasting life in the hereafter for the righteous believers among them.

إِنَّنِي أَنَا اللَّـهُ لَا إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدْنِي وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي (طه ، 20: 14). *

يَا مُوسَىٰ إِنَّهُ أَنَا اللَّـهُ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ (النمل ، 27: 9).

يَا مُوسَىٰ إِنِّي أَنَا اللَّـهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ (القصص ، 28: 30).

Indeed, I am Allah. There is no other god except Me. So, worship Me and establish prayer for My remembrance (Ta Ha, 20: 14).

O Moussa (Moses), indeed, I am Allah, the Exalted in Might, the Wise (Al-Naml, 27: 9).

O Moussa (Moses), indeed I am Allah, Lord of the worlds (Al-Qassas, 28: 30).

Allah, Praise to Him in His Highness, has created humans and Jinn to worship Him, as stated in Verse 56 of Surat Al-Dhariyat (Chapter 51). Though He does not need them to worship Him, He has commanded them to do so for their own benefit, as stated in many verses of the Holy Quran, such as 51: 57, 2: 272, 17: 7, and 22: 37.

Allah, Praise to Him in His Highness, is so loving and caring of His creations that He sent them messages, to show them how they can lead a happy life during their first life on Earth and in the Hereafter. Basically, He told them to be good to themselves, to their families and relatives, to their society, and to the world. That is the essence of worshipping Him through proclaiming the faith, performing prayers, giving charity, fasting Ramadan, making the pilgrimage, and doing as many good deeds to each other as they can.

By worshipping their Creator, they enjoy happiness in this life, in addition to pleasing their loving and caring Creator, Who has promised to reward them an everlasting life in Paradise, in the Hereafter (More on the benefits of these ways of worshipping God can be found in Chapter I. 8, "The Relationship Between the Spiritual and the Physical in Islamic Teachings."

The word "Allah" means "the God," or "Al-Ilah." In addressing God, a Muslim may say in Arabic "Ilahi" (my God). However, Muslims usually refer to God with the definite article, Al, contracted with the noun it defines, to become Allah, thus addressing Him with "Ya Allah" or "O Allah."

The definite article (the) in Arabic takes two forms: "El" and "Al." While the latter, "Al," has been the standard in usage all over the Arabic-speaking world, some Arabs may use the "El" form in writing their last names, such as in the case of this author. However, most of the usage of the "El" form is associated with Andalusia (Arab Spain), and stayed in the Spanish language as well as the Spanish-speaking world until today, Such as in the cases of common names like El Salvador and El Paso.

Almost all usage of the definite article in the Holy Quran is in the "Al" form but there are three words in the Holy Quran, which include the "El" form. These are used in reference to the Prophet "El-Yass" (Elijah or Idris), his house (family) "El-Yassin," as well as in reference to Prophet "El-Yassa'a," with the Hamza under the Alef, for which the English vowel "E" is the correct translation (The Holy Qur'an: Chapter 6, Verse 85 and Chapter 37, Verse 130).

The definite article "El" was also used in the ancient Arabic dialect of Aramaic, spoken in the Holy Land of Baitul Maqdis, which was called Palestine at the time of Jesus Christ, Peace and blessings of God be upon him. The "translated" Bible mentions that Jesus addressed God the same way Muslims address Him today (Ilahi, or my God).

In Mark 15, Verse 34, Ps. 22:1, and Mat 27: 46, the "translated" Bible says: "And at the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice saying Eloi, Eloi, la ma sabchtani (sabakhtani)?, which was translated into English as "My God, My God, why has Thou forsaken me?" or "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?" (Note: The Holy Quran states clearly that God has NOT forsaken Jesus Christ).

While "Ilahi, Ilahi li ma" are standard Arabic words, which are used and can be understood by the average educated Arabs, the verb "sabakhtani" is not used by average educated Arabs now. They may use other verbs, such as "taraktani" or "hajartani." However, a noun derived from it is still in use. Many Arabs may refer to a deserted lot of land (as a result of being soaked with water or salt) as "sabkha."

Apparently, the sound "h" in "ilahi" was deleted during one of the successive translations of the Bible from Aramaic to Greek, Roman, old European languages, middle languages, to modern European languages.

It is noteworthy that Christian Arabs also refer to God as Allah in their Bibles, prayers, and daily discourse. A famous Christian Arab phrase is "Allah Ma'haba," or "God is love."

This should be enough evidence for non-Muslims to know that the name of God (Allah) was used by messengers of God who preceded Muhammed (peace and blessings of God be upon all of them).

Rabbul-'Aalameen: The Lord of the Worlds, or The Master of the Universe رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ

This Good Name of God is written as Rab Al-'Aalameen but it maybe pronounced as rabbul 'aalameen, rabbil 'aalameen, or rabbal 'aalameen, depending on its relationship to other words in a sentence, according to the Arabic grammatical rules. Adding an apostrophe before the letter "a" indicates an Arabic glottal sound, which has no equivalence in English. [1]

It means "The Lord of the Worlds" or "The Master of the Universe," as stated in Verses 22-23, Chapter 26 of the Holy Quran. In this Verse, the Pharaoh asked Moussa (Moses), peace be upon him, about the meaning of "Rubbul 'Aalameen. Moussa answered: "He is the Lord of Heavens, Earth, and what is in between them.

So, there are worlds of angels in the Heavens, worlds on Earth (successive generations of people), and worlds of others in between the Heavens and the Earth.

Rabbul 'Aalameen is the Lord of all these worlds of angels, humans, Jinn, and other creations in the Universe, that is in all of these worlds.

Al-Ra'hman, Al-Ra'heem: The Beneficent, The Merciful الرَّحْمَـٰنُ الرَّحِيمُ

Al-Ra'hman, Al-Ra'heem are pronounced as arra'hman, arra'heem, as the definite article "Al" is contracted with the noun, deleting the letter ( l ) and replacing it with the first letter of the defined noun, ( r ). Adding an apostrophe before the letter h indicates an Arabic glottal sound, which has no equivalence in English.

The renowned Islamic scholars, Al-Qurtubi and Ibn Katheer, [2] related explanations of these two characteristics of God from Abu Ali Al-Farisi and Al-'Arzami, may Allah be pleased with them, who said that Al-Ra'hman (The the Beneficent) is a reference to God's mercy to all of His creations, as expressed in providing them with what they need and enabling them to enjoy His provisions. However, Al-Ra'heem (The Merciful) is a reference to God's extra mercy to the believers.

While most translators of the Holy Quran agreed on the translation of "Al-Raheem" as "The Merciful," they differed in translating "Al-Rahman." The two most used translations are "The Beneficent," and "The Compassionate." This author has found that "The Beneficent" is a more accurate translation on the basis of the above-mentioned interpretation from the cited Islamic scholars.

2: Hard work

53:39

And that there is not for man except that [good] for which he strives

53:40

And that his effort is going to be seen

53:41

Then he will be recompensed for it with the fullest recompense

3. Patience when it comes to goals
The Quran mentions patience 90 times and it's one of the best qualites to have in this world and I will shorten this answer because If i quote all of it we will be here until tomorrow reading it. SO I have shorten it for you.
7. Allah will reward those who have patience with a threefold reward: blessings, mercy and guidance:
وبشر الصابرين
الذين إذا أصابتهم مصيبة قالوا إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون
أولئك عليهم صلوات من ربهم ورحمة وأولئك هم المهتدون
“…but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere – who say, when afflicted with calamity: ‘To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return’ – they are those on whom [descend] blessings from their Lord, and Mercy and they are the ones that receive guidance” [al-Baqarah 2:155-7].

4. Dealing with tragedy
Again dealing with tragedy is linked with patience and these who do it will be rewarded multiple times as already mentioned in the patience section.

5. Being an atheist/agnostic

Allah will raise the athiest blind on the day of judgement and here is their conversation.

20:124

And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind."

20:125

He will say, "My Lord, why have you raised me blind while I was [once] seeing?"

20:126

[ Allah ] will say, "Thus did Our signs come to you, and you forgot them; and thus will you this Day be forgotten."

20:127

And thus do We recompense he who transgressed and did not believe in the signs of his Lord. And the punishment of the Hereafter is more severe and more enduring.

6. Confusion
It depends on what form of confusion. You can elaborate on this in specific. Because Confusion can occure in everything so you have to be specific

Good brother
01-28-2019, 06:50 PM
Try this

https://www.islamicity.org/mosque/topici.htm
https://www.searchtruth.com/quran_topics_index.php

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.