/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you pray in your mind or recite it?

emem.masorong
01-29-2019, 07:36 AM
Recite or is it okay in your mind only?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
urkahnkhan
01-29-2019, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Recite or is it okay in your mind only?
Fajr, The first 2 of Maghreeb and the first 2 of Ishaa is recited loud while Duhur and Asr in your mind.

As for Sunnah prayers it's recited in the mind except the night prayers

eesa the kiwi
01-29-2019, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by urkahnkhan
Fajr, The first 2 of Maghreeb and the first 2 of Ishaa is recited loud while Duhur and Asr in your mind.

You still have to recite but silently.

Ümit
01-29-2019, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
You still have to recite but silently.
Exactly...for what İ know...just in your mind is not enough...your mouth lips and tongue should move...but without sound. At least that is how İ've been teached.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
01-29-2019, 11:50 AM
:sl:

Those praying alone can read loud or silently (for the prayers that are to be read out loud when in jamaa'a).

Reciting out loud in Fajr prayer and in the first two rak’ahs of Maghrib and ‘Isha’ is Sunnah for both one who is leading the prayers and one who is praying alone. If a person recites silently there is no sin on him, but that means that he is neglecting a Sunnah. If the person who is praying alone thinks that reciting silently helps him to focus more in prayer, then that is o.k., because it was narrated that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed at night, sometimes he would recite out loud and sometimes he would recite silently, as was reported by ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). For one who is leading the prayers, the Sunnah is always to recite out loud, following the example of the Prophet (S) and because that enables the congregation to benefit by hearing the words of Allaah, whether the prayer is fard (obligatory) or naafil (supererogatory).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/islamqa.../answers/26268

AabiruSabeel
01-29-2019, 02:34 PM

This is incorrect. Nothing is recited in mind. Silent prayers are recited by mouth and tongue, not just thought out inside the mind.

The Sunnah is to recite silent prayers in a low voice which you can hear yourself but not someone standing behind you. And for audible prayers, the recitation should be heard by people standing behind you if you're the imam.

MazharShafiq
01-29-2019, 02:40 PM
just in your mind is not enough...your mouth lips and tongue should move...but without sound.

crimsontide06
01-29-2019, 06:16 PM

I mouth them because I can't just say them in my mind. When I mouth them I am also thinking in English what this means.

I cannot think the Arabic while also imagine what it means in English.

I mouth the silent ones in a low whisper but say the ones meant to be spoken, a little louder than a whisper.

space
01-29-2019, 07:38 PM
“The recitation of Nabi Sallallaahu `Alayhi Wa Sallam could be recognised in Dhuhr by the movement of his beard.”Reported in the Musnad of Imaam Ahmad Rahimahullaah

Imaam Al-Kaasaanee Rahimahullaah says in Badaa’i`us Sanaa’i`: “A person who performs Salaah on his own and recites softly enough for his ears to hear him then it is permissible without any difference of opinion because of the certainty of the existence of recitation, because hearing without any recitation is unimaginable.
As for the case of a person who recites while pronouncing the letters correctly with his tongue but his ears does not hear it, however he has the knowledge of the fact that his tongue had moved and the letters had come out from its Makhaarij, is his Salaah valid?
There is some difference of opinion on that point; Imaam Al-Karkhi Rahimahullaah said it’s valid.”

emem.masorong
01-30-2019, 03:32 AM
Thank you all for helping me.

Nitro Zeus
01-30-2019, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
Exactly...for what İ know...just in your mind is not enough...your mouth lips and tongue should move...but without sound. At least that is how İ've been teached.
Yes, but the point is: God Hears perfectly what you recite in your mind. The intention matters, if you recite a prayer in your mind while your intention is to pray to God, then this is rewardeble, isn't it? Because God says that He is All Hearer.

AabiruSabeel
01-30-2019, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Yes, but the point is: God Hears perfectly what you recite in your mind. The intention matters, if you recite a prayer in your mind while your intention is to pray to God, then this is rewardeble, isn't it? Because God says that He is All Hearer.
No, there won't be any reward for that because we have to follow the method of prayer shown by the Prophet :saws: and not invent our own ways. Allah :swt: hears and knows everything but there is a prescribed way in which you've to pray the five daily prayers.

The function of mind and heart is to make the intention for prayer.
The function of mouth and tongue is to recite, and the function of hands, head, knees, feet etc is to raise, bow and prostrate in prayers. We cannot interchange their functions on our own.

The normal Dua outside prayers can be within the heart, but that is also better to be recited by mouth.

Nitro Zeus
01-30-2019, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
No, there won't be any reward for that because we have to follow the method of prayer shown by the Prophet :saws: and not invent our own ways. Allah :swt: hears and knows everything but there is a prescribed way in which you've to pray the five daily prayers.

The function of mind and heart is to make the intention for prayer.
The function of mouth and tongue is to recite, and the function of hands, head, knees, feet etc is to raise, bow and prostrate in prayers. We cannot interchange their functions on our own.

The normal Dua outside prayers can be within the heart, but that is also better to be recited by mouth.
If I'm in my room all by myself, I still have to recite the prayer loudly? Or in mind? Even Supplications I have to recite it loudly or in mind?

Nájlá
01-30-2019, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
If I'm in my room all by myself, I still have to recite the prayer loudly? Or in mind? Even Supplications I have to recite it loudly or in mind?
Read the link I posted above.

If you want to follow the sunnah you read loudly for the prayers that are to be read loud. Otherwise you have the option to read loud or by reading SILENTLY. There is no prayer by mind. As for the supplications within prayer they are to be said silently (whisper).

Nitro Zeus
01-30-2019, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
Read the link I posted above.

If you want to follow the sunnah you read loudly for the prayers that are to be read loud. Otherwise you have the option to read loud or by reading SILENTLY. There is no prayer by mind. As for the supplications within prayer they are to be said silently (whisper).
Ooo, I have been prayed in mind and I did not even know that what I did is wrong and haram.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.