/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need a Supplication for knowing the truth about myself

Nitro Zeus
01-31-2019, 11:23 PM
I have this question in mind for very long time and still have doubts about myself whether I am a true believer or a nonbeliever? And still I can't find the right answer which worries me a lot.

If for example, I don't pray, draw anything I like and other stuff but without committing disbelief, then that's mean I'm a sinner Muslim and a very weak Muslim? I don't know.

Is there a strong supplication or chapter available in Quran that can reveal the truth about who you are? Because, I really want to know and I simply cannot wait until the Day of Judgment, because that would be too late for me to know, I need to know now because I would at least know so that I can change something before it's too late.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-31-2019, 11:54 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

This is waswas. Seek refuge from shaitan. If you believe in Allah and pray your prayers, then you are a believer. Yes you may be a weak servant, but you are still a believer. When you do anything you should always begin with a good intention because even if you are not able to do the thing or make a mistake, if your intentions were good then you will get a reward for it inshallah. The people we should try to be like is the prophet pbuh and his companions. You know you are not perfect so there is always room for improvement, you do not need a du'a for this.

Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

This is waswas. Seek refuge from shaitan. If you believe in Allah and pray your prayers, then you are a believer. Yes you may be a weak servant, but you are still a believer. When you do anything you should always begin with a good intention because even if you are not able to do the thing or make a mistake, if your intentions were good then you will get a reward for it inshallah. The people we should try to be like is the prophet pbuh and his companions. You know you are not perfect so there is always room for improvement, you do not need a du'a for this.
I do honestly believe in God and in whatever He tells us in Quran, I believe also in the Prophet too. And each time I plan to start performing prayer with intention praying, then it pops up in head some strong thoughts which holds me back, and that's how laziness started, and I really want to start praying, but the problem is: I don't know how to get rid of those paranoia and laziness for good. And I keep making Dua for God To activate my will and To increase my desire for performing prayers like if I'm nutshell you know what I mean? I mean, I want to be extremely addicted on performing ritual prayers without missing a single one until my time is up. Sometimes I wished I would be born at the time of King Solomon thinking that if I were to be born that time, perhaps I would start performing ritual prayers after he asks me to do this. I mean, at the moment of time, I'm kinda person who needs someone to push him from back in order for he to do something. The reason I have these doubts is because some say to me it is shirk if I don't pray and some say no as long as you truly believe that prayers are obligatory and this made me confusion about myself. If I'm unable to do some stuff such as: praying regulate. Then I can still believe in God and in His Prophet sincerely and also I try to bring some happy smiles on my parents and I also try to be friendly and good person with Muslims and non Muslims with intention of earning virtues and also for having good life.

bint e aisha
02-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Assalamu alaikum

If you leave your prayers, it does not make you a non-Muslim. You are still a Muslim, though a sinner one just like me and everyone else. Those who say leaving prayers make you kafir or mushrik are themselves involved in a grave sin because it is a serious thing to say.

Don't pay attention to these thoughts as the sister above said and focus on your purpose of life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
Assalamu alaikum

If you leave your prayers, it does not make you a non-Muslim. You are still a Muslim, though a sinner one just like me and everyone else. Those who say leaving prayers make you kafir or mushrik are themselves involved in a grave sin because it is a serious thing to say.

Don't pay attention to these thoughts as the sister above said and focus on your purpose of life.
Thanx, now I'm really calmed. I will try not to sleep on my ears, and to try as much as I can to start performing prayers without missing them. So you mean, even if I don't pray for whole life, but at least I do sincerely believe in God and in His Prophet, then the chances of getting to say shahada will be high? How it is possible for a sinner Muslim to die as sinner Muslim? I don't understand how this works, because shahada works only on good and practical Muslims, but what about sinner Muslims?

MazharShafiq
02-01-2019, 10:08 AM
If you leave your prayers, it does not make you a non-Muslim. You are still a Muslim, though a sinner one just like me and everyone else. Those who say leaving prayers make you kafir or mushrik are themselves involved in a grave sin because it is a serious thing to say. if your intentions were good then you will get a reward for it inshallah

Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 10:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
If you leave your prayers, it does not make you a non-Muslim. You are still a Muslim, though a sinner one just like me and everyone else. Those who say leaving prayers make you kafir or mushrik are themselves involved in a grave sin because it is a serious thing to say. if your intentions were good then you will get a reward for it inshallah
If you say like this, then what can you say about this message from the Prophet: "between man and prayers, stands shirk"

MazharShafiq
02-01-2019, 10:36 AM
If you are intentionally leaving the prayer and then understand it well then it is shirk and kufar

bint e aisha
02-01-2019, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Thanx, now I'm really calmed. I will try not to sleep on my ears, and to try as much as I can to start performing prayers without missing them. So you mean, even if I don't pray for whole life, but at least I do sincerely believe in God and in His Prophet, then the chances of getting to say shahada will be high? How it is possible for a sinner Muslim to die as sinner Muslim? I don't understand how this works, because shahada works only on good and practical Muslims, but what about sinner Muslims?
I did not understand your question properly. Are you asking how can a sinner Muslim say Shahadah at the time of death? If this is your question, then yes we need to worry about it and constantly ask Allah to make us die upon Islam. Also we should try to live our whole lives according to Qur'an and Sunnah and inshaAllah we will be able to recite kalimah before our death.

Also the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم used to make the following dua for protection from Shaitan:

….وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ يَتَخَبَّطَنِي الشَّيْطَانُ عِنْدَ الْمَوْتِ….(رواه ابو داود (1/568)

- - - Updated - - -

If you say like this, then what can you say about this message from the Prophet: "between man and prayers, stands shirk"
There's an explanation of this hadith.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
If you are intentionally leaving the prayer and then understand it well then it is shirk and kufar
That is not correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Muslim only commits disbelief (kufr) if he or she leaves prayer out of denial of its obligation (istihlal/juhud) or out of disdain and contempt (istikhfaf). All the four Schools of Islamic law are in agreement that such a person leaves the fold of Islam, and as such, if he or she became Muslim again, the missed prayers would not have to be made up according to the Hanafis and Malikis. According to the Shafi’is, however, such a person would have to make those prayers up, as a disciplinary measure.

As for leaving out prayer out of laziness (kasl), even if continuously, it does not entail disbelief according to the vast majority of Imams as long as one firmly believes in the obligation of the prayer and does not treat it with disdain and contempt. Such a person will need to make up for all the prayers missed. Yes, there is an opinion within the Hanbalis that such a person becomes an unbeliever and is dealt with as a renegade (murtad) from Islam. (See: al-Majmu, al-Mughni, Fath al-Qadir, al-Bahr al-Ra’iq and other Fiqh references)

Source: https://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8415

Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 10:59 AM
I did not understand your question properly. Are you asking how can a sinner Muslim say Shahadah at the time of death? If this is your question, then yes we need to worry about it and constantly ask Allah to make us die upon Islam. Also we should try to live our whole lives according to Qur'an and Sunnah and inshaAllah we will be able to recite kalimah before our death.

Also the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم used to make the following dua for protection from Shaitan:

….وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ أَنْ يَتَخَبَّطَنِي الشَّيْطَانُ عِنْدَ الْمَوْتِ….(رواه ابو داود (1/568)

- - - Updated - - -

There's an explanation of this hadith.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Muslim only commits disbelief (kufr) if he or she leaves prayer out of denial of its obligation (istihlal/juhud) or out of disdain and contempt (istikhfaf). All the four Schools of Islamic law are in agreement that such a person leaves the fold of Islam, and as such, if he or she became Muslim again, the missed prayers would not have to be made up according to the Hanafis and Malikis. According to the Shafi’is, however, such a person would have to make those prayers up, as a disciplinary measure.

As for leaving out prayer out of laziness (kasl), even if continuously, it does not entail disbelief according to the vast majority of Imams as long as one firmly believes in the obligation of the prayer and does not treat it with disdain and contempt. Such a person will need to make up for all the prayers missed. Yes, there is an opinion within the Hanbalis that such a person becomes an unbeliever and is dealt with as a renegade (murtad) from Islam. (See: al-Majmu, al-Mughni, Fath al-Qadir, al-Bahr al-Ra’iq and other Fiqh references)

Source: https://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/8415
Was this informations collected from the Sunnah of Prophet? If yes, may I have some narration a regarding this?

bint e aisha
02-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Was this informations collected from the Sunnah of Prophet? If yes, may I have some narration a regarding this?
Which information? Last two paragraphs?

Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Which information? Last two paragraphs?
The last paragraph

bint e aisha
02-01-2019, 11:50 AM
The last paragraph
This is what the Salaf (pious predecessors) have said.

Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 11:59 AM
This is what the Salaf (pious predecessors) have said.
So even if I don't perform ritual prayers without denying that it is obligatory, but at least I recite chapter Al Mulk every night before going to sleep, then this can grant me the ability to recite shahada?

bint e aisha
02-01-2019, 12:16 PM
So even if I don't perform ritual prayers without denying that it is obligatory, but at least I recite chapter Al Mulk every night before going to sleep, then this can grant me the ability to recite shahada?
If you don't perform your ritual prayers without denying its obligation then it means that you are a sinner Muslim. I can't tell for myself whether I would be able to recite shahadah at the time of death or not. Nobody can guarantee that.

Now let me ask you a question: Are you willing to enter jahannam for leaving your prayers? Are you ready and strong enough to tolerate that punishment and fire of jahannam?

Nitro Zeus
02-01-2019, 12:44 PM
If you don't perform your ritual prayers without denying its obligation then it means that you are a sinner Muslim. I can't tell for myself whether I would be able to recite shahadah at the time of death or not. Nobody can guarantee that.

Now let me ask you a question: Are you willing to enter jahannam for leaving your prayers? Are you ready and strong enough to tolerate that punishment and fire of jahannam?
No freaking way I'm gonna deal with any sort of punishment from Hereafter. I'm gonna try to perform ritual prayers without leaving them as much as I can, and I will try to stay away from sins. I had enough of too much sufferings in this world, in next world I want eternal peace.

bint e aisha
02-01-2019, 01:39 PM
No freaking way I'm gonna deal with any sort of punishment from Hereafter. I'm gonna try to perform ritual prayers without leaving them as much as I can, and I will try to stay away from sins. I had enough of too much sufferings in this world, in next world I want eternal peace.
Good! Always remember when angels will ask the dwellers of jahannam what has brought you into hellfire?

They will say: "We were not of those who prayed" [Quran 74:43]

May Allah alleviate all your pains and grant you steadfastness on the deen. Ameen

Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.