/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Study Arabic

abo
02-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Arabic is spoken as a mother tongue by between 250 and 400 million people across 25 countries. Over a billion people can read the script even if they can’t understand the language. And Arabic happens to be one of the official languages of the United Nations. Therefore, many people learn the language for formal reasons.

At about 1,500 years old, Arabic also happens to be a very old language. It was the language of scholarship throughout the rule of the Islamic empires – a period of well over 1,000 years from the 7th century right down to the 19th and even 20th. The greatest books of medicine, geology, law, philosophy, and basically any subject you can imagine were all written in the finest Arabic. Therefore, many of the most advanced people in their fields of study learn Arabic for scientific and anthropological reasons.

Arabic is also the language of the Qur’an(the Islamic holy book). It doesn’t matter what your beliefs are, the Qur’an is unequivocally, undeniably and undoubtedly the greatest form of Arabic literature, and indeed the greatest form of literature, period. The beauty of this piece of literature is, in fact, quite literally, miraculous. Therefore, tens of millions of people learn this language to witness firsthand the beauty and miracle that is The Qur’an... religious reasons.

In fact, emphasis has been placed on studying the Arabic language by the Prophet (PBUH) himself when he said to the effect: learn the Arabic language as you learn the Islamic obligations and practices. His companions, who, remember, were Arabs, used to learn Arabic despite the fact that it was their mother tongue. They used to say: teach your children Arabic. They used to correct each other’s grammar.
They would consider it unacceptable to make a grammatical mistake. And the scholars that followed them in later centuries all emphasized learning Arabic. Imam Abu Hanifa said to the effect: I would’ve made learning this language compulsory had I not deemed it difficult on the people.

That is because 1. in order to truly understand the message of God as it was revealed, one must understand it in the very language it was revealed, and 2. the Qur’an is a literary miracle – really, a full blown miracle – and in order to witness it, you need to simply learn the language and you will witness a miracle with your very own eyes When the tribe of Qureish in ancient Arabia sent their most infamous debater to the Prophet (PBUH),
the debater barked and barked and barked.

He was enthusiastic and completely vicious. His mission was to completely overtake the Prophet (PBUH) and he was relentless. But when he finished, the Prophet (PBUH) recited a few verses of the Qur’an, upon which tears started to flow from the debater’s eyes and he had to cover the Prophet’s (PBUH) mouth because he couldn’t take any more. Would you like to taste
the same beauty that made that debater cry?

you can start learning Arabic online at Firdaws Academy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
02-02-2019, 04:23 PM
I want to learn the surahs and what they mean, how to say them in Arabic. However, I have given up on trying to overall learn the whole Arabic language.

I am most likely never going to live in an Arabic speaking majority country, so no reason to learn it.

However, if I do get married to a woman who knows Arabic I would encourage her to speak Arabic to our children when they are babies/toddlers so they will be able to speak/read/write it along with English.

My mom told my dad to speak Arabic to me as a baby..etc. but he never did.

Learning to speak it would be nice but everywhere I search tries to teach the letters..how to write it,read it..

MazharShafiq
02-05-2019, 02:33 PM
I also love Arabic language and I have try to speak in Arabic language but my Arabic is not well because no one can speak in Arabic around me .

mikellee
04-02-2023, 10:25 AM
Ashshakur Online Quran Academy is a reputable online platform for Muslims seeking to learn and understand the Holy Quran. The Academy provides an excellent opportunity for students who cannot attend traditional Islamic institutions due to time, location, or other constraints.

Online Quran Teaching: Ashshakur Quran Online Academy
AshShakur Online Quran Academy is the professional Quran Teaching Academy. Our Qualified teachers can teach you Quran....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.