/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Major Confusion about Qiyam al-Layl/Tahajjud

Sister_43752
02-03-2019, 12:48 AM
Salam everyone.

I have read that Qiyam al-Layl begins after Isha and ends before Fajr. I can't find any quranic verses or hadiths to prove that. I am hoping someone could help me out. I am hoping for clear evidence.

Also, since night begins at sunset, and we break our fast at sunset as well... why wouldn't Qiyam al-Layl begin after Maghrib?

I am trying to learn about this, thank you in advance :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-03-2019, 04:13 AM
:wa:

Because Allah :swt: showers his special mercy after midnight.

Abd Allah ibn Salam (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said, “O people! Spread the salams, feed others, maintain family ties, and pray at night when others sleep and you will enter Heaven safely.” [Tirmidhi, Hakim]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.