/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Concerning salat

emem.masorong
02-06-2019, 05:27 AM
I've watched how to offer salat. I've been praying a long prayer. With an astaghfar that is long. Then with Ayatul Kursi after that. Then the 33x subhanAllah, alhamduillah, Allahuakbar, then saying 100 times of Lailahailalah. Is my prayer correct? Please help me ummah. Where can I find a written format of the true prayer, especially the part where you just finish the rakats and sujud? I memorize some but the others I don't. Please help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
02-06-2019, 10:23 AM
yes after completing prayer or after slam you can read everything you want.

IslamLife00
02-14-2019, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
I've watched how to offer salat. I've been praying a long prayer. With an astaghfar that is long. Then with Ayatul Kursi after that. Then the 33x subhanAllah, alhamduillah, Allahuakbar, then saying 100 times of Lailahailalah. Is my prayer correct? Please help me ummah. Where can I find a written format of the true prayer, especially the part where you just finish the rakats and sujud? I memorize some but the others I don't. Please help.
There is step by step instruction here (to offer salah) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKblG-Zoagk

When you say 'long prayer, with long astaghfar' do you mean you make dua in salah (to ask forgiveness) like the Sayyid Istighfar below ? or do you mean 100x astaghfirullah after salah ?

Narrated Shaddad bin Aus: The Prophet (ﷺ) said "The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: 'Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana `Abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, A`udhu bika min Sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u Laka bini`matika `alaiya, wa abu'u laka bidhanbi faghfir lee fa innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta." The Prophet (ﷺ) added. "If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise." (Sahih al Bukhari)

As for after salah, I'm sharing some hadiths you probably have read but forgotten :

Thauban (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Whenever the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) finished his Salat (prayer), he would beg forgiveness three times [by saying, 'Astaghfirullah' (3 times)] and then he would say: "Allahumma Antas-Salamu, wa minkas-Salamu, tabarakta ya Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram. (O Allah! You are the Bestower of security and security comes from You; Blessed are You. O Possessor of glory and honour)." Imam Al-Auza'i (one of the subnarrators) of this Hadith was asked: "How forgiveness should be sought?" He replied: "I say: Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah (I seek forgiveness from Allah. I seek forgiveness from Allah)." [Muslim].

Ka’b bin Ujrah narrated that:The Prophet said: “There are Mu’aqqibat, he who says them shall not be miserable. Glorify Allah at the end of every prayer thirty-three times, and praise him thirty-three times, and extol His greatness thirty-four times.” (Jami at-Tirmidhi)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:If anyone extols Allah after every prayer thirty-three times, and praises Allah thirty-three times, and declares His Greatness thirty-three times, ninety-nine times in all, and says to complete a hundred:" There is no god but Allah, having no partner with Him, to Him belongs sovereignty and to Him is praise due, and He is Potent over everything," his sins will be forgiven even If these are as abundant as the foam of the sea. (Sahih Muslim)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Whoever says, 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Abu Huraira:Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said," Whoever says: "La ilaha illal-lah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahul- hamd wa huwa 'ala kulli shai'in qadir," one hundred times will get the same reward as given for manumitting ten slaves; and one hundred good deeds will be written in his accounts, and one hundred sins will be deducted from his accounts, and it (his saying) will be a shield for him from Satan on that day till night, and nobody will be able to do a better deed except the one who does more than he." (Sahih al Bukhari)

Narrated Uqbah ibn Amir: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) commanded me to recite Mu'awwidhatan (the last two surahs of the Qur'an) after every prayer. (Sunan Abi Dawud)

Surah Baqarah 255 after every prayer >> https://islamqa.info/en/answers/6092/aayat-al-kursiy)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.