/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you lived a luxurious life

emem.masorong
02-12-2019, 06:15 AM
If you lived a luxurious life as a Muslim, will you be really dipped in hell fire once? Or is it only for kafir? If you have sources, please share. Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-12-2019, 04:38 PM
If he doesn't spend his money in charity and forgets his Lord then he is in danger zone.

Nitro Zeus
02-12-2019, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
If he doesn't spend his money in charity and forgets his Lord then he is in danger zone.
So if a Muslim has valuable stuff such as a cool villa, Lamborghini and Airbus, and he also do charity and other Islamic obligations, then he won't get Punished in Hereafter but will get even better and much higher rewards?

Nájlá
02-12-2019, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
So if a Muslim has valuable stuff such as a cool villa, Lamborghini and Airbus, and he also do charity and other Islamic obligations, then he won't get Punished in Hereafter but will get even better and much higher rewards?
Of course being a rich Muslim and having a good settled life here does not mean they will go hell in the after life.

They just need to be a good muslim, worship Allah, give charity/zakat.

We are all tested in many way. Those tested with painful stuff in this world and continued to be patient muslims, their reward in the after life is huge.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem.masorong
02-13-2019, 02:49 AM
Jazak Allahu Khairan. I shall continue to search about this cause I need sources. If you have sources, please share.

urkahnkhan
02-13-2019, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
Jazak Allahu Khairan. I shall continue to search about this cause I need sources. If you have sources, please share.
Nothing in life happens by accident even the smallest things you think is by accident but there is a meaning behind it and always remember this and God giving wealth to you was indeed his intention all along to bless you with it whether it came thru inheritance or not. He intended to give you that wealth in this life time. It's a blessing and you should view it as such by being grateful to this blessing. Show God a sincere gratitude.

And after that try to pay Zakat and what you can of sadaqa. May Allah increase you Insha-allah and accept your charity

azc
02-14-2019, 07:07 PM
But it shouldn't be forgotten that arrogance and superiority complex come with wealth.

IslamLife00
02-14-2019, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by emem.masorong
If you lived a luxurious life as a Muslim, will you be really dipped in hell fire once? Or is it only for kafir? If you have sources, please share. Jazak Allahu Khairan.
How is this wealth/income acquired? because if it's acquired by haraam means then it is haraam wealth/income e.g. from consuming riba.

or if acquired by both haraam and halal means, then sort out how much of it is haraam and how much of it is halal e.g. from a restaurant that sells alcohol and halal food.

Nitro Zeus
02-14-2019, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
How is this wealth/income acquired? because if it's acquired by haraam means then it is haraam wealth/income e.g. from consuming riba.

or if acquired by both haraam and halal means, then sort out how much of it is haraam and how much of it is halal e.g. from a restaurant that sells alcohol and halal food.
That's really good question. I would let God grant me some wealth in halal way, rather than me to do by my own, because if a I do things on my own, I might earn it in haram ways without noticing it.

emem.masorong
02-15-2019, 05:35 AM
Jazak Allahu Khairan all.

bint e aisha
02-15-2019, 07:02 AM
Assalamu alaikum

Wealth is a fitna. Rasulullah :saws: preferred poverty over being rich. He would make dua to be a miskeen.

Amr ibn Awf reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Allah, it is not poverty I fear for you, but rather I fear you will be given the wealth of the world just as it was given to those before you. You will compete for it just as they competed for it and it will destroy you just as it destroyed them.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2988, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2961

azc
02-15-2019, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
Assalamu alaikum

Wealth is a fitna. Rasulullah :saws: preferred poverty over being rich. He would make dua to be a miskeen.

Amr ibn Awf reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “By Allah, it is not poverty I fear for you, but rather I fear you will be given the wealth of the world just as it was given to those before you. You will compete for it just as they competed for it and it will destroy you just as it destroyed them.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 2988, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2961
but we should ask for wealth because our iman is weak and poverty can disturb us. This is why we have been commanded to ask this dua.

''Allahumma inni a'oozubika min al kufri wa al faqr''

For 'hunger' can take weak Muslim to kufr.

bint e aisha
02-15-2019, 08:01 AM
but we should ask for wealth because our iman is weak and poverty can disturb us. This is why we have been commanded to ask this dua.

''Allahumma inni a'oozubika min al kufri wa al faqr''

For 'hunger' can take weak Muslim to kufr.
Alhamdulillah we have never experienced hunger which Nabi :saws: and his Sahabah RA used to experience on daily basis. Days would pass in which Rasulullah :saws: would not even find worst dates to fill his stomach. Whom we consider as poor these days would be considered a wealthy person in those times. Problem is we do not need money to fill our stomach or cover ourselves with clothes, rather we need it to compete with others and to show off our vanity. This is nothing but fitnah.

bint e aisha
02-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The family of Muhammad did not eat their fill for three successive days till he died.

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 5374

Have we ever experienced this for even once during our lifetime? Just for once? Have we ever compared our diet with that of Rasulullah :saws: , the kind of mattress he would sleep on? Can we swallow the food which he :saws: would eat on a daily basis? What nisbat do we have with our Prophet :saws:?

azc
02-15-2019, 09:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
Alhamdulillah we have never experienced hunger which Nabi :saws: and his Sahabah RA used to experience on daily basis. Days would pass in which Rasulullah :saws: could not even find worst dates to fill his stomach. Whom we consider as poor these days would be considered a wealthy person in those times. Problem is we do not need money to fill our stomach or cover ourselves with clothes, rather we need it to compete with others and to show off our vanity. This is nothing but fitnah.
excessive wealth is certainly a fitnah . Vanity, show off, deviation, negligence of deen, indifference to relatives, despise for poor etc is the result of chunk of money.

MazharShafiq
02-15-2019, 10:34 AM
excessive wealth is certainly a fitnah . Vanity, show off, deviation, negligence of deen, indifference to relatives, despise for poor etc is the result of chunk of money.
yes agreed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.