/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In defence of Imam Ahmad Raza Khan

Alamgir
02-13-2019, 09:12 PM
A lot of slander is thrown at this individual, as many claim that he espoused many incorrect ideas about Islam. I'm going to insha'Allah clarify such misconceptions:

1. Building over graves

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan did not approve of building over graves, when asked about the subject, he had this to say:

“It is against the sunnah” (refer to Radd ul-Mukhtaar (3/167)

“Look at the graves of my mother, father and brother you will not find them higher than a hand span” (Malfoozaat (pg.428)

“To make a virtual tomb and to treat as a real tomb is impermissible and a bidah.” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza Khan (9/425)

2. Knowledge of the unseen

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan did not believe Rasulullah (peace be upon him) had total knowledge of the unseen, rather, he believed that he only knew about that which Allah Ta'ala told him:

“The prophets knowledge of the hidden affairs that was bestowed upon him was only because Allah gave him that knowledge. Never mind even thinking that the prophets knowledge [bestowed upon him] and Allahs knowledge are similar, no, in fact if the knowledge of all those from the beginning of time until it’s end was put together it then it cannot be compared to the knowledge of Allah. The knowledge of all others in comparison to Allah is like one millionth part of a drop is thrown into one million oceans.” (Malfoozaat (pg.93)

3. Praying towards graves

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan had this to say on the subject:

“It is haram to pray towards or upon a grave. It is haram to step upon a grave and haram to build a masjid upon a grave.” [Irfaan e shariat part2]

4. Over-veneration of graves

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan clearly disdained doing such things and repeatedly displayed his disgust for such actions:

‘To circumbulate the graves of the pious with the sole intention of tazeem [respect and veneration] is not permissible as the place which is deserving of circumbulation with veneration is the kabah. (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza (4/7)

‘One should not kiss the tomb’ (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza (4/7)

“Be aware, refrain from kissing and holding the railings [that cover the prophets grave] as this is against good mannerisms. Instead, stay as far as four foot away from the railings that surround the prophets grave” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza (10/765)

“Do not circumbulate the prophet’s grave, do not prostrate at it, nor lower yourself so much so that it is as though one is making rukoo (bowing). The veneration of the prophet is in following him.” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza (10/769)

“when one has a covering present and it is of some use then to utilise it to cover the grave is useless. Instead one should spend the money that was going to be used to purchase the covering to feed the poor.” (Ahkaam Shar’eeat (1/42)

“If the deceased is a man of paradise then in his grave he shall be smelling the gardens of paradise and is no need of your burning of incense, lights at his grave!” (as-Sunniyatil Aaniyqaa (pg.70)

5. Prostrating to other than Allah Ta'ala

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan forbade prostrating to anyone other than Rabil Ala'meen:

“Muslims! O you followers of the prophets ways! Know with the utmost conviction and yaqeen [certainty without any doubt] that the prostration is for none other than Allah. To prostrate by way of worship to other than Allah is by consensus clear shirk and kufr and the prostration of Tazeem [respect] is haram and a major sin with yaqeen (certainty without any doubt).” (az-Zuda tuz-Zakiyyah li Tahreem Sujood at-Tahiyyah (pg.5)

6. Exaggerated veneration of saints

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan did not approve of overly-venerating the saints:

“To be saved [from the fire] it is not neccseary for the muslim to give his pleadge of allegianmce to anyone from the Mureeds [saints] as if one accepts the Prophet Muhammad as his Murshid [guide] and this will suffice.” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza Khan (10/990)

“to take photos or images of the saints so that blessings can be sought from them is forbissen as when the prophet conquered Makkah he removed all pictures from the kabah of the pious.” (Malfoozat (pg.278)

“No doubt it is obligatory that a non mahram must be covered when before a non mahram man. Similairy a Peer [Alleged sufi and saint] is not a mehram for his follower [murshid]. Who is going to be a greater guider that the Prophet Muhammad? [yet he did not mix with non mahram women].” (Masaa’il Samaa (pg.23)

7. Wearing amulets for protection

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan completely denounced such actions in the following statement:

“It has no basis and to collect money to spend on Imaam Zaamin amulets has no basis whatsoever.” (Malfoozaat (pg.328)

8. Other issues of note

Imam Ahmad Raza Khan also agreed with Ah'lus Sunnah Wal Jama'ah on many other issues:

“Music and musical instruments are haram without a doubt. The awliyaa and scholars are agreed upon this. To use and listen to music is a major sin without a doubt. Those that ascribe the permissibility of music and musical instruments usage to the Chishtee (sufi tariqah) is unfounded and a slander.” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza Khan (2/54)

“It is not permissible in the religion to take payment for the recitation of the Quran that is read to benefit the dead” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza Khan (4/317)

“to wear amulets made from copper and metal is highly disliked for both men and women and to have an amulet in gold and silver for men is haram” (Malfoozaat (pg.328)

“The one who trims and shaves his beard he is a sinner, cursed and to make an Imaam [lead the prayer] is a sin.” (Ahkaam Sharee’at (2/321)

“It is stated in the Gunyah (of Abdul Qaadir Jelaani) that do not ask about whether it is permissible for the women to attend the tombs and graves of saints. Instead ask how much la’na [curse] of Allah and the one in the grave is upon the women who attends a tomb/grave. The time she intends to leave her house to visit the tomb and grave her curse begins from then and up until her return the angels curse her. “(Malfoozaat (pg.240)

“to make the picture of a living thing by hand is haram, whether it be by hand or photography. Then to make the pictures of the false gods is even more haram and false. It is a sin to make any of the people who take and make pictures as Imaams (leaders in prayer) and to pray to pray behind these people is highly disliked near haram.” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza Khan (3/190)

"If he has wajd and dances with a certain style [imitating dancing] then it is haram. If he goes into wajd and dances to show others then he is destined for the hell fire." (Malfoozaat (pg.231)

“To use fireworks is wastefulness, and wastefulness is haram” (Fataawa Ridhwiyyah of Ahmad Raza (24/112)

https://khurramsblog123.blogspot.com...raza-khan.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
02-14-2019, 07:04 PM
Mawlana Ahmad Raza Khan stated 2 hours, 17 minutes before his death in hiswasaya:

“Remain with love and agreement. As long as it possible do not leave the following of the shari’a. Follow my religion [din] and school of thought [madhhab] which is apparent from my books and hold fast to it tight. Of every obligation [fard] this is the most important obligation.”

[Wasaya Sharif, Nuri Kutub Khana, p. 9]

Don't you think that his own deen and madhab is more important for him according to his wasaya...?

CuriousonTruth
02-14-2019, 07:46 PM
I don't know enough to comment on this but unless I'm mistaken, he is the man that stopped the Indian subcontinent from becoming a salafist desert.

Well I don't like spontaneously exploding people, so I guess he did good.

Alamgir
02-14-2019, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
Well I don't like spontaneously exploding people, so I guess he did good.
Rofl, not all Salafis are like that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-14-2019, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
I don't know enough to comment on this but unless I'm mistaken, he is the man that stopped the Indian subcontinent from becoming a salafist desert.Well I don't like spontaneously exploding people, so I guess he did good.
No he had died before Ale saood captured the power in Arab land.

Alamgir
02-14-2019, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
No he had died before Ale saood captured the power in Arab land.
But he did not like Salafis or Deobandis at all. They did not get on well, even though the Deobandis were and are Hanafi Maturidis, just like the Barelvis.

CuriousonTruth
02-14-2019, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alamgir
Rofl, not all Salafis are like that.
You mean the other ones don't have the same guts like full-scale salafis do. They prefer hiding behind social media making takfir and calling for shariah, all the while sipping starbucks coffee in Birminham.

azc
02-14-2019, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alamgir
But he did not like Salafis or Deobandis at all. They did not get on well, even though the Deobandis were and are Hanafi Maturidis, just like the Barelvis.
His forefathers were shias. He used the sword of kufr against all Muslims. His son,Mustafa Raza khan, known as mufti e azam, gave the fatwa of not praying salah behind imams of haramain. This is why no hardcore barelvi pray salah in congregation when they go for Hajj.

ardianto
02-17-2019, 02:54 PM
:sl:

Few years ago I've ever joined in Barelvi forum. But very hard for me to involved in Islamic discussion at there since I didn't understand what they were talking about. Seem like they do many rituals that I never heard before.

azc
02-17-2019, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

Few years ago I've ever joined in Barelvi forum. But very hard for me to involved in Islamic discussion at there since I didn't understand what they were talking about. Seem like they do many rituals that I never heard before.
It means barelvism has no roots in your country.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.