/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Business name ideas for a modest clothing line

Mimimukhtar
02-14-2019, 12:05 PM
Salam Alaykum.Please I would like some assistance with names from my business.I intend to start a business of making modest dresses for women,modest gym wear clothes.I also intend doing shoes and bags.Please suggest names for me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DanEdge
02-14-2019, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mimimukhtar
Salam Alaykum.Please I would like some assistance with names from my business.I intend to start a business of making modest dresses for women,modest gym wear clothes.I also intend doing shoes and bags.Please suggest names for me.
So e questions come to mind:

Who is your target market? What countries, what language, what age group, etc? Targeted specifically towards Muslims, or others as well?

What styles? Modern, colorful, monochromatic, etc?

Have you identified other successful businesses in a similar market? I might try making a list of such companies, writing down their names, what kind of marketing techniques they use, etc.

Just some preliminary thoughts.

Dan Edge

AhmedAbdulla
02-16-2019, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DanEdge
So e questions come to mind:

Who is your target market? What countries, what language, what age group, etc? Targeted specifically towards Muslims, or others as well?

What styles? Modern, colorful, monochromatic, etc?

Have you identified other successful businesses in a similar market? I might try making a list of such companies, writing down their names, what kind of marketing techniques they use, etc.

Just some preliminary thoughts.

Dan Edge

Completely agree. Also, think of your marketing strategy. The easy part is making a website and getting the material. The hard part is getting customers to know about your brand and convince people to buy from you. When making a business always put emphasis on getting into the mind of the customer. How would it look to them seeing your advertisement, clothes, and message on website. You can try validating the idea before committing to it 100% of your time, effort and money. See if you can sell 1 or 10 to your friends / family / people at local masjid.

GodIsAll
02-17-2019, 11:59 PM
How about “Don’t Look At Me!”

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-19-2019, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
How about “Don’t Look At Me!”
"Don't look at me" is provocative word that will invite people to look. It more suitable for casual-attractive clothing that the wearers want to attract attention.

-------------------------------------

@OP

How about "Neatrina" ?. The base word is "neat", and added with "rina" to give feminin touch. The target market are women, isn't it?

GodIsAll
02-19-2019, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"Don't look at me" is provocative word that will invite people to look. It more suitable for casual-attractive clothing that the wearers want to attract attention.

-------------------------------------

@OP

How about "Neatrina" ?. The base word is "neat", and added with "rina" to give feminin touch. The target market are women, isn't it?
I was being goofy! Of course “Don’t Look At Me!” would be a terrible name.
Unfortunately, I don’t have anything productive. Here’s hoping a good name is found,

ardianto
02-19-2019, 04:04 AM
I was being goofy! Of course “Don’t Look At Me!” would be a terrible name.
Unfortunately, I don’t have anything productive. Here’s hoping a good name is found,
Not a terrible name, bro. :)

"Don't Look At Me" maybe is too long for a brand. But can be good as slogan for marketing due to its provocative nature. As we know, if we say "Don't", people usually will do it. You can make a test. Put a poster with "Don't look up" on the wall, and see what people will do when they read it.

Mandy
02-19-2019, 10:41 PM
The country and language of the company comes to mind as something important. Where are you from Mimimukhtar?

AhmedAbdulla
02-20-2019, 01:37 AM
Not a terrible name, bro. :)

"Don't Look At Me" maybe is too long for a brand. But can be good as slogan for marketing due to its provocative nature. As we know, if we say "Don't", people usually will do it. You can make a test. Put a poster with "Don't look up" on the wall, and see what people will do when they read it.
Lmao I want to look at it. Show me it NOW! what is there not to look at? Why Can't I look at it?

DanEdge
02-20-2019, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedAbdulla
Lmao I want to look at it. Show me it NOW! what is there not to look at? Why Can't I look at it?
Actually, "Don't Look" is not a half bad brand name...

GodIsAll
02-22-2019, 03:32 AM
5% commission, mimimuhktar, and it’s yours.

GodIsAll
02-25-2019, 01:39 AM
Would it be appropriate to use Arabic names? Tawadae

ardianto
02-25-2019, 06:12 AM
Would it be appropriate to use Arabic names? Tawadae
Unfortunately "Tawadae" already taken by a Bangladeshi company.

Yeah bro, difficulty to find a brand name is the good names usually already taken by other companies.

DanEdge
02-25-2019, 11:19 AM
Unfortunately "Tawadae" already taken by a Bangladeshi company.

Yeah bro, difficulty to find a brand name is the good names usually already taken by other companies.
That is true, but I have found that it's not as difficult as one might think. Eg, if Tawadae is taken, you can be Ywadae LLC or Tawadae inc, etc., and still market as Tawadae.

In any case, duplicate names usually only become a problem when you develop significant brand recognition, which is a very good problem to have.

Dan Edge

GodIsAll
02-26-2019, 01:35 AM
Darn. I thought I was really being clever.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.