/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dog creamation

Fozia1
02-15-2019, 01:57 PM
HI I recently lost my pet dog and he has already been creamated and I would like to purchase and keep his ashes I would like to know if this is okay or forbidden in Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bint e aisha
02-15-2019, 02:13 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Sorry to hear about your dog.. but what would you get by keeping his ashes?

azc
02-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Creamation of body and immersion of ashes are religious rituals in Hinduism, there is no concept of preservation of body or its remains in Islam.

Nitro Zeus
02-15-2019, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bint e aisha
Assalamu alaikum

Sorry to hear about your dog.. but what would you get by keeping his ashes?
Dear sister,

Every nation has its own beliefs, traditions etc... and if he keeps ashes of someone beloved to him just as memory or to keep it close to him or that represents something to him, we should not judge others, and instead of judging we should respect others.

In Islam, it is clearly bad to creament a body into ashes, because a boy came from ground, and once the body is dead must return to ground, but only this time, underground, because it is a natural way, and that how it should be done.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint e aisha
02-15-2019, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Dear sister,

Every nation has its own beliefs, traditions etc... and if he keeps ashes of someone beloved to him just as memory or to keep it close to him or that represents something to him, we should not judge others, and instead of judging we should respect others.

In Islam, it is clearly bad to creament a body into ashes, because a boy came from ground, and once the body is dead must return to ground, but only this time, underground, because it is a natural way, and that how it should be done.
Assalamu alaikum

I'm not judging her and I didn't say anything bad. I just asked a question as to how this act of keeping the ashes would comfort her. And I believe she is a Muslim.

Nitro Zeus
02-15-2019, 05:34 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I'm not judging her and I didn't say anything bad. I just asked a question as to how this act of keeping the ashes would comfort her. And I believe she is a Muslim.
Just reminding only

Nitro Zeus
02-15-2019, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fozia1
HI I recently lost my pet dog and he has already been creamated and I would like to purchase and keep his ashes I would like to know if this is okay or forbidden in Islam?
Dear sister,

I have an idea which I'd like to share it with you, and don't feel offended. Next time when you have a pet, and for example let's say, tomorrow your pet died, then you should try to make for your pet a grave instead of turning into ashes, you could also burry your pet in a graveyard alongside with other dead animals.

bint e aisha
02-15-2019, 05:48 PM
Another reminder: Keeping dogs as pets inside your home is not allowed except for security reasons. One should feed them outside.

IslamLife00
02-15-2019, 10:49 PM
Another reminder: Keeping dogs as pets inside your home is not allowed except for security reasons. One should feed them outside.

You are right. The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam forbids keeping a dog inside a house.

Narrated Abu Talha:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Angels do not enter a house that has either a dog or a picture in it." (Sahih al Bukhari)

And keeping a dog as pet also reduces the keeper's reward.

Narrated Abu Hurairah:
That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Whoever acquires a dog - with the exception of a dog to guard livestock, a hunting dog, or a farm dog - each day a Qirat is deducted from his reward." (Jami 'at-Tirmidhi)

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Whoever keeps a dog" - or: "acquires a dog" - "neither of hunting nor to guard livestock, then two Qirat are deducted from his reward, daily." (Jami 'at-Tirmidhi)

To the OP :

I have posted the hadiths of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam. You know now it is forbidden in Islam. Keeping ashes of a dog is not much different than keeping an actual dog inside your house.

azc
02-16-2019, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
You are right. The Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam forbids keeping a dog inside a house. Narrated Abu Talha:The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Angels do not enter a house that has either a dog or a picture in it." (Sahih al Bukhari)And keeping a dog as pet also reduces the keeper's reward.Narrated Abu Hurairah:That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Whoever acquires a dog - with the exception of a dog to guard livestock, a hunting dog, or a farm dog - each day a Qirat is deducted from his reward." (Jami 'at-Tirmidhi)Narrated Ibn 'Umar:That the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "Whoever keeps a dog" - or: "acquires a dog" - "neither of hunting nor to guard livestock, then two Qirat are deducted from his reward, daily." (Jami 'at-Tirmidhi)To the OP :I have posted the hadiths of the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam. You know now it is forbidden in Islam. Keeping ashes of a dog is not much different than keeping an actual dog inside your house.
I think most of us are aware of injunction regarding keeping dog as pet though but we want to find any leeway to make it as halal.

Insaanah
02-16-2019, 06:06 PM
:sl:
It is permissible to keep cats but it is not permissible to buy or sell them; they may be given as gifts or given away. That is because of the hadeeth of Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

And Allaah knows best.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7004/keeping-cats

It is not permissible to buy or sell dogs, so you would have to ask an Aalim about buying their remains.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!