/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Islamqa.info and Aboutislam.net?

Nitro Zeus
02-15-2019, 03:01 PM
I'm really unsure which of those 2 sites should I follow, because both they give totally different answers. For an example in Aboutislam.net, they have quoted a narration that 2 girls sang a song and they said that there is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow and the Prophet told them to cut this sentence and continue what you used to sing earlier.

But in Islamqa.info no, it writes like this:

God told Satan to befool men from the Path of God with his voice and that voice is music, and they have told that it is haram listening to music, so technically I don't know what site between them to follow.

Do you really think that this site Aboutislam.net is 100% corrupted? Or it is 100% Sunni Muslim site?

My Muslim father told me that music is merely a tool which can be used in haram or halal, and can be bad or good. And he also gave couple of examples with thunderstorm and winds that they also sing in different way, and my father told me that if this song contains bad message which can lead you to be evil then it is definitely haram, but it contains beautiful and peaceful messages and which does not harm you, then it is ok to listen to it as long as it does not distract you from ritual prayers.

P.S. I'm really sorry for bringing this issue, I didn't meant to, I brought this just to give examples what other sites say.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
02-16-2019, 02:39 AM
They are both run by human beings who have a lot of combined knowledge, best to study deeply and research different sincere opinions of knowledgeable and wise scholars, and then come to your own sincere conclusion - since each person is accountable and responsible for their own actions. And if you want to just be told how it should be done in a uniform manner for all, best to get together and elect a leader whom we trust to make the best decisions and pass stable legislation.

"You are all prayer leaders for one another; that is a blessing/honour of Allah upon this ummah"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.