/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Buying car on loan

minhaj18
02-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Assalam alaikum everyone,

I have been commuting to work with my wife since a year on cab hailing apps. It used to cost me around 15k inr per month in India.

My wife has become pregnant now and to ease the work commute, I have bought a car on loan which will attract some interest. It will be costing the same per month as I was paying for cabs.

Now my question here is, i know it’s not okay to buy things on interest but when you don’t have a choice is it okay to go for it. I have asked for forgivesness for the same from Allah swt. Please advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
02-20-2019, 04:04 AM
Walaykum Alsalam

This question requires a fatwa from a scholar.

As we all know interest is Haram and there is no reason for us to get ourselves in it. Unless done out of ignorance which we should seek Allah's forgiveness.

Mandy
02-20-2019, 12:32 PM
This is a rather complex question and unfortunately I do not believe anyone here would be truly able to give you a definite answer on.
We could share our personal opinion on the matter, but you should seek answer from a real scholar to know for sure.

azc
02-20-2019, 01:47 PM
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/darulifta...0%2C4466209789

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
02-20-2019, 02:43 PM
yes it is correct that you should seek answer from a real scholar to know for sure.

M.I.A.
02-20-2019, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minhaj18

I have been commuting to work with my wife since a year on cab hailing apps. It used to cost me around 15k inr per month in India.

My wife has become pregnant now and to ease the work commute, I have bought a car on loan which will attract some interest. It will be costing the same per month as I was paying for cabs.

Now my question here is, i know it’s not okay to buy things on interest but when you don’t have a choice is it okay to go for it. I have asked for forgivesness for the same from Allah swt. Please advice.
15k a month?

That's equating at 161 British pounds according to Google.

..you can get a car on loan in England for that much!

Just making the comparison because over here people think the currency exchange rate is pretty good.

Cars must be really expensive I suppose....eh taxis.

I suppose you can ask whoever's gives you advice how they bought the home they live in or the car they drive..

So you can compare circumstances.

What percentage interest rate are you being charged? Although it's none of my business.

Whatever happened to the RBI idea of introducing Islamic banking to the system? Been a few years since I heard anything.

...you could also ask your employers if they have any ideas on helping you or themselves in buying a car.

Company cars are a part of some big businesses..

Although sometimes work politics is something one would not like to be involved in.

..it amazes me how people plan for the future. Expecting good things and increase ..or comfort in life.. a lot of people do that.

The first car I bought was on my wedding day, my father convinced me of what I needed and it's still running 10 years later.

I took out a loan and started a new job soon after.

In the end they didn't keep me.. I was young and didnt know what work was, too busy taking it for granted.

My dad bailed me out on the last few installments.

We live and learn I suppose.

Hopefully someone will give you a more appropriate reply.

The hardest part is planning for the future..

For a long time, we just did as we were.

You wont believe it but this time round iv found really nice people.. all strangers.

But the harshest ones, that bring judgement for my own mistakes are Muslim.

I will try to live and learn.

IslamLife00
02-21-2019, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minhaj18

You have bought the car, so all you can do now is keep paying monthly.

If you can pay the car loan off faster, do so. Also if you have other debts, with or without riba, do your best to pay them all off faster.

Not only the prohibition of riba is clear, but if you die without paying off debt (even if it's without riba) your soul will be suspended until that debt is paid off, or the creditor forgives your debt.

Narrated Salama bin Al-Akwa`: A dead person was brought to the Prophet (ﷺ) so that he might lead the funeral prayer for him. He asked, "Is he in debt?" When the people replied in the negative, he led the funeral prayer. Another dead person was brought and he asked, "Is he in debt?" They said, "Yes." He (refused to lead the prayer and) said, "Lead the prayer of your friend." Abu Qatada said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I undertake to pay his debt." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) then led his funeral prayer. (Sahih al Bukhari)

It has been reported on the authority of Amr b. al-'As through a different chain of transmitters that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Death in the way of Allah blots out everything except debt. (Sahih Muslim)

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “The soul of the believer is attached to his debt until it is paid off.” (Sunan Ibn Majah)

MazharShafiq
02-22-2019, 08:44 AM
If you can pay the car loan off faster, do so. Also if you have other debts, with or without riba, do your best to pay them all off faster.

minhaj18
03-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Thank you all for your insights.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.