/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ocd and prayer

sholly
02-22-2019, 11:23 PM
Salam,

I am a convert (4 years now), I have embraced Allah Alhamdoulillah!

I have always had issues with OCD since I was about 15. I can't remember why is started but it has got worse since.

It has now spread to salah. I have read a previous post regarding OCD which focused more on ghusl/wudu repetition. But I would like to add a question to this subject.

Let me explain...

OCD has now spread to salah, meaning that whenever I pray it feels like a chore, no pleasure in praying anymore although my faith is very strong Alhamdoulillah! The reason I have no pleasure in praying is because a 4 rakat prayer takes me 20 mins to complete, more so if I'm tired.
My issues are that I try to have intention when I pray, every word I say with intention. So in order to do so properly with intention, I repeat the same sentence many times when I feel it necessary which is very often.
I read that if you do not say Al-Fatihah with intention then your prayer is invalid - is this true?

I also read that tashahud has to be said with intention otherwise prayer is invalid - is this true?

I hope you can help me please, I can't go on with this anymore, I have already been dealing with this for 1 year. PLEASE HELP ME!

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
02-26-2019, 02:28 PM
:salam:

Intention for prayer is only at the beginning, before you say the first takbeer. Once you have started praying, you simply have to complete your prayer by reciting the prescribed supplications and performing the actions of prayer. You don't have to intend once again before each and every supplication. Simply keep reciting.

The Prince
02-26-2019, 03:16 PM
I assume you have already done this but just in case you havent, Id recommend you memorise the meaning/translation of al fatiha. This will be easier for you to concentrate on when you are reciting it in your salah.

I applaud your efforts and pray that Allah swt makes you come closer to him and makes you one of the successful ones on the day of judgement.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.