/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is playing PUBG haram?

aullah3220
02-23-2019, 05:34 PM
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

There has been controversy surrounding the game PUBG. Many religious authorities have issued fatwas banning the game and deeming it haram (search on google, all over the news) Recetnly there was a new update that came out and PUBG collaborated with Resident Evil game which has a lot of controversy around it also such as Qurans on the floor etc. The scholars have different reasons but some say that becuase it represents Al-Malhama Al-Kubra and that the game has Black Magic , also that its related to Dajjal etc. So is this game haram?

Jazakallahu Khairan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuriousonTruth
02-23-2019, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aullah3220

There has been controversy surrounding the game PUBG. Many religious authorities have issued fatwas banning the game and deeming it haram (search on google, all over the news) Recetnly there was a new update that came out and PUBG collaborated with Resident Evil game which has a lot of controversy around it also such as Qurans on the floor etc. The scholars have different reasons but some say that becuase it represents Al-Malhama Al-Kubra and that the game has Black Magic , also that its related to Dajjal etc. So is this game haram?

Jazakallahu Khairan
I don't play PUBG but did Resident Evil franchise also do it? I highly doubt it because Capcom is Japanese company

فصيح الياسين
02-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Dear gamers i want to ask which game is halal...
Either nudism or music. Both makes things haram.
If not then either make your prayers late or miss them out, again haram
If not then how this game effecting or affactive like rude behaviour or lazines or cutting off the relations. Again haram
If not then does it makes good impact on worldy life or hereafter but we never saw such a virtue game so again لا يعنى means useless. Now this useless thing occured in your life one time so makrooh. If many times. Then keeping continue makrooh thing makes it haram again.
So kindly tell me which game is halal.

i saw once only benifical game for world and hereafter in my whole life that was 1000 questions about prophet mohammad alihe salam. that game was sure great and full of knowlede

CuriousonTruth
02-23-2019, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
Dear gamers i want to ask which game is halal...
Either nudism or music. Both makes things haram.
If not then either make your prayers late or miss them out, again haram
If not then how this game effecting or affactive like rude behaviour or lazines or cutting off the relations. Again haram
If not then does it makes good impact on worldy life or hereafter but we never saw such a virtue game so again لا يعنى means useless. Now this useless thing occured in your life one time so makrooh. If many times. Then keeping continue makrooh thing makes it haram again.
So kindly tell me which game is halal.

i saw once only benifical game for world and hereafter in my whole life that was 1000 questions about prophet mohammad alihe salam. that game was sure great and full of knowlede
I was thinking writing a long winded answer. But never mind, just know that people don't play video games to watch naked woman, they go to adult sites if they want that.

I can understand if something seems useless to you if you have never played it in your entire life. At the point, you would have no idea about it and just make assumptions.

Also honestly we can't all be meditating hermits, people are different.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by aullah3220

Jazakallahu Khairan
Believe me a lot of scholars declare anything new they don't like as Haram. Ibn Bad had made a fatwa that anyone who believe Earth is spherical is a disbeliever.

Of course for obvious reasons some games like Modern Warfare and Medal of Honour are indeed Haram.

Saying that I am curious about this Quran on the floor thing. Can you elaborate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
فصيح الياسين
02-23-2019, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
I was thinking writing a long winded answer. But never mind, just know that people don't play video games to watch naked woman, they go to adult sites if they want that.

I can understand if something seems useless to you if you have never played it in your entire life. At the point, you would have no idea about it and just make assumptions.

Also honestly we can't all be meditating hermits, people are different.
People sure dont play games to watch nudism but nudism occurs. May be people like eu or na dont see fleshy legs or bellys etc as nudism but shiraah called it nudism

Secondly i played games since 1998. So i do have expeirence in it.
Thats why i made mental limitation . One can do mental exceptions like i did in 1000 games

CuriousonTruth
02-23-2019, 07:04 PM
People sure dont play games to watch nudism but nudism occurs. May be people like eu or na dont see fleshy legs or bellys etc as nudism but shiraah called it nudism

Secondly i played games since 1998. So i do have expeirence in it.
Thats why i made mental limitation . One can do mental exceptions like i did in 1000 games
To be fair, the gaming industries have largely cut down a lot of those stuff recently. They figured that it's very time consuming to make those and doesn't really add anything to the game itself.

Right now with the exception of CD Projekt Red, most other companies have limited nudity and sexuality in games quite a lot.

That or they make the female cast very ugly for some reason.

فصيح الياسين
02-23-2019, 07:16 PM
My dear bro games are not haram only due to nudism . I said all that things in which game is limited and all limitations etiher are haram or proceed to haram

azc
02-23-2019, 07:23 PM
It's haram or not, let scholars decide but undoubtedly it's wasting time. ...A few days ago, heard a news that a boy literally became mad.

CuriousonTruth
02-23-2019, 07:29 PM
My dear bro games are not haram only due to nudism . I said all that things in which game is limited and all limitations etiher are haram or proceed to haram
All of that are applicable for any hobby.

There are also many, many good things about gaming. A lot of games make you think about things in life, or about philosophies one would not think about. Games can depict quite correctly a lot of horrible things that people actually do in real life, that can't be described by words.

It's that ability of games to depict dark side of people and they do it so well for example like in 'Outlast', which is the reason why I respect it. As long as it doesn't go SJW it should be fine.

So I think the good outweigh the bad by quite some miles.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It's haram or not, let scholars decide but undoubtedly it's wasting time.
A few days, heard a news that a boy literally became mad.
Huh so what. That's an anecdotal incident.

فصيح الياسين
02-23-2019, 07:31 PM

There are also many, many good things about gaming. A lot of games make you think about things in life, or about philosophies one would not think about. Games can depict quite correctly a lot of horrible things that people actually do in real life, that can't be described by words.

It's that ability of games to depict dark side of people and they do it so well for example like in 'Outlast', which is the reason why I respect it. As long as it doesn't go SJW it should be fine.

One day u will realise dear bro. I briefed u all. I also had same views...

azc
02-23-2019, 07:41 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Huh so what. That's an anecdotal incident.
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-han...0%2C2399300397

CuriousonTruth
02-23-2019, 07:49 PM
Doesn't have anything new that I already have not read before. Although him saying "Chess is explicitly Haram" is new. I thought that was a derived ruling. Well I guess it helps to stay up-to-date with latest fatwas.

azc
02-24-2019, 01:55 AM
Doesn't have anything new that I already have not read before. Although him saying "Chess is explicitly Haram" is new. I thought that was a derived ruling. Well I guess it helps to stay up-to-date with latest fatwas.
Do you agree that it has negative effects-- physically and mentally...?

CuriousonTruth
02-24-2019, 04:54 AM
Do you agree that it has negative effects-- physically and mentally...?
not more than any other hobby. As I said it's not gaming that's the issue, it's the individual.

azc
02-24-2019, 10:17 AM
not more than any other hobby. As I said it's not gaming that's the issue, it's the individual.
When hobby changes into addiction, it becomes a disease.

And PUBG is the perfect example of this disease which is afflicting the gamers on larger scale.

ZeeshanParvez
02-25-2019, 02:04 AM

Believe me a lot of scholars declare anything new they don't like as Haram.
Yes, no one can deny that has happened.

Ibn Bad had made a fatwa that anyone who believe Earth is spherical is a disbeliever.
Really..who fed you this fantasy....

GodIsAll
02-25-2019, 02:08 AM
Chess?!

GodIsAll
02-25-2019, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
Yes, no one can deny that has happened.

Really..who fed you this fantasy....
“In 1966, when Ibn Baz was vice-president of the Islamic University of Medina, he wrote an article denouncing Riyadh University for teaching the "falsehood" that the earth rotates and orbits the sun”

wikipedia...for whatever it’s worth.

ZeeshanParvez
02-25-2019, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
“In 1966, when Ibn Baz was vice-president of the Islamic University of Medina, he wrote an article denouncing Riyadh University for teaching the "falsehood" that the earth rotates and orbits the sun”

wikipedia...for whatever it’s worth.
Wiki? Really....

And where did it state in that that he declared those who thought it was not what he preached to be kaafirs?

I also don't see the flat part because the flat discussion and the orbiting discussion are two separate topics....

GodIsAll
02-25-2019, 03:13 AM
I have no idea. I didn’t read the whole thing. Technically, you’re correct. Stating the earth doesn’t orbit the sun is not the same as stating it’s flat. It’s no less ludicrous, however. You asked and I thought I’d help as you seemed curious.
Wiki is often fraught with questionable statements....but there it is if you wish to pursue it.
Peace to you and you family.

1claire
02-26-2019, 12:53 AM
I have heard about as well, my partner does play PUBG and for me, it's just game and there's nothing wrong playing it for as long as you won't hurt other people in the real world. Playing games with this type of can relieve stress.

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard about as well, my partner does play PUBG and for me, it's just game and there's nothing wrong playing it for as long as you won't hurt other people in the real world. Playing games with this type of can relieve stress.

MazharShafiq
02-26-2019, 08:26 AM
It's haram or not, let scholars decide but undoubtedly it's wasting time. ...A few days ago, heard a news that a boy literally became mad.

CuriousonTruth
02-26-2019, 01:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 1claire
I have heard about as well
What have you heard? I googled and found nothing substantial about the Quran on the floor thing. The scholars who called for its ban said its because it's a waste of time.

Nitro Zeus
02-27-2019, 07:04 PM
What have you heard? I googled and found nothing substantial about the Quran on the floor thing. The scholars who called for its ban said its because it's a waste of time.
Maybe it becomes haram when this kind of game distracts you from ritual prayers? I find that game as social game in which you play with your class mates, colleges and friends, and it is one of the ways in which you can integrate well in anywhere you go. But it becomes a wastage when you play more than praying, am I right?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.