/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to remove love for the dunya and be happy with the decree of Allah?

RisingLight
02-24-2019, 04:30 AM
Salam alaikum..

I am very embarassed that I have to make this kind of thread here among all these good and informative threads but i dont have who to share it with.
I have been praying tahajjud everyday for more than a year and since i am a secretive muslim i cant use alarm so i have to stay up all night and wait for fajr without sleeping.Id use this time to engage in worshiping acts,like dhikr,duaa,istighfar 100 times,quran, etc.
Youd think someone like this would have high eman but my eman is completely destroyed now.Something happened some weeks ago that put me into a massive anxiety and it is still breaking down my heart because it has penetrated into my night habits of worship and my soul.
That is because it is the root of all my problems,and it is only becoming stronger.

I compare myself to other people.I cant enjoy everything because i will always find something better at someone.At first it was only for nonmuslims but am now comparing myself to muslims also which has made me cry so much tonight until i couldnt breathe from tears,because i never thought i was such a wicked person inside to feel envy for my own brothers.
Like i read about a brother who earns a lot of money,and just got married to a good girl.And i feel terrible because thats my dream,to have a normal life and family love i never had.But everyone has its rizq,and i have to accept it,but something inside me never gets satisfied
I cant live anymore like this its crazy.If it gets worst like in the last weeks i am going to have a huuuge huuge problem.
I want to stop it but idk how :( ....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuriousonTruth
02-24-2019, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RisingLight
Salam alaikum..

I am very embarassed that I have to make this kind of thread here among all these good and informative threads but i dont have who to share it with.
I have been praying tahajjud everyday for more than a year and since i am a secretive muslim i cant use alarm so i have to stay up all night and wait for fajr without sleeping.Id use this time to engage in worshiping acts,like dhikr,duaa,istighfar 100 times,quran, etc.
Youd think someone like this would have high eman but my eman is completely destroyed now.Something happened some weeks ago that put me into a massive anxiety and it is still breaking down my heart because it has penetrated into my night habits of worship and my soul.
That is because it is the root of all my problems,and it is only becoming stronger.

I compare myself to other people.I cant enjoy everything because i will always find something better at someone.At first it was only for nonmuslims but am now comparing myself to muslims also which has made me cry so much tonight until i couldnt breathe from tears,because i never thought i was such a wicked person inside to feel envy for my own brothers.
Like i read about a brother who earns a lot of money,and just got married to a good girl.And i feel terrible because thats my dream,to have a normal life and family love i never had.But everyone has its rizq,and i have to accept it,but something inside me never gets satisfied
I cant live anymore like this its crazy.If it gets worst like in the last weeks i am going to have a huuuge huuge problem.
I want to stop it but idk how :( ....
The very first thing I get from your post is you are burning yourself out. I have seen this all before, I should warn you things won't go well if you keep this up.

greenhill
02-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Salam to you.

Comparing yourself to others is always a good benchmark for one’s improvement. It should be just that, for one’s improvement. That as a result of observation, it is you see something you could incorporate into your life to make it more purposeful.

But you have to sincere about what it is you want to achieve. In most cases people want recognition. As you are a secretive Muslim, it seems unlikely that this would be your intention.

See what it is you can do (because it pleases Allah) and do it with best intentions and leave the result in the Hands of Allah and in syaa Allah you will receive His Blessings.

It is time you leave judging how others are doing and pay more attention on yourself as you only see what happens to you when you do compare.

However, it is far better (in my opinion) to be worried about our relationship with Allah than to be over confident. . .

. . . Only, never despair of His Mercy and do not stop your ritual.

Allahu Haqq

:peace:

RisingLight
02-24-2019, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Salam to you.

Comparing yourself to others is always a good benchmark for one’s improvement. It should be just that, for one’s improvement. That as a result of observation, it is you see something you could incorporate into your life to make it more purposeful.

But you have to sincere about what it is you want to achieve. In most cases people want recognition. As you are a secretive Muslim, it seems unlikely that this would be your intention.

See what it is you can do (because it pleases Allah) and do it with best intentions and leave the result in the Hands of Allah and in syaa Allah you will receive His Blessings.

It is time you leave judging how others are doing and pay more attention on yourself as you only see what happens to you when you do compare.

However, it is far better (in my opinion) to be worried about our relationship with Allah than to be over confident. . .

. . . Only, never despair of His Mercy and do not stop your ritual.

Allahu Haqq

:peace:
The thing i want to achieve i can never have,because i have been restricted all this time and i lack the proper education and experience and i have to move to a new country where i have to live in like the lowest standart.And it ruined all my sabr and what i built all these years religious-wise because i am so angry and cant expect why i have to live in the lowest standart when others worst than me live in better ones.Or maybe i am worst than all and never knew.
I agree what you say brother and i know how to do them but i dont know how to,i just cant...

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
The very first thing I get from your post is you are burning yourself out. I have seen this all before, I should warn you things won't go well if you keep this up.
You guessed right,and i know things wont go well thats why i came here but seems am alone here also...maybe am really very bad insid and deserve all this afterall

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CuriousonTruth
02-24-2019, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RisingLight

You guessed right,and i know things wont go well thats why i came here but seems am alone here also...maybe am really very bad insid and deserve all this afterall
Stop pressing yourself, just go with the flow. The harder you make it for yourself the further you will move away from your final goal. No one is given a bigger burden than he can handle. You need to relax.

azc
02-24-2019, 04:39 PM
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Be moderate and steadfast; and keep in mind that none of you can achieve salvation through his (good) actions.” They asked, “Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?” He (PBUH) said, “Not even me, unless Allah grants me His Mercy and Grace”.
[Muslim]

The noble prophet (PBUH) in this hadith highlights the important facts in Islamic ideology.
We attain paradise if we do righteous deeds and that is with the mercy and the grace of Almighty Allah :swt:. It is not difficult to harmonize between achieving paradise through righteous deeds and through the grace and the mercy of Allah :swt:. We attain paradise through the grace and the mercy of Allah :swt: unanimously, but we don’t gain the grace of Allah :swt: unless we pay its price. The price of the grace of Allah :swt: is doing righteous deeds. But you can’t attain paradise if you paid the price and thought that the price was everything you needed. You must be certain that you attain paradise through the grace of Allah :swt:.

“Not even me”:

To clarify this point, think of the example of a father who promises his son to give him an expensive bicycle as a gift if he succeeded. If the son succeeded, is it enough to give his certificate to the seller to buy the bicycle? No, this bicycle has a price and the father should pay its price, but the reason for the gift is the success of the son. Doing good deeds is a cause to enter paradise, but is it not the only and sufficient cause. It is wrong to think that being upright and doing good deeds make one definitely deserve paradise by his effort and through striving his desire. It is also wrong to think that paradise could be attained through hope only without work.

Here’s another example; if an uncle said to his orphan nephew: If you study and succeed, I will spend money on you till you graduate. The nephew studied and passed the first year, and the uncle continued spending money on him, he passed the second year and the uncle continued spending money until the nephew graduated and attained a high social position. In a cordial meeting between the nephew and his uncle, the nephew said to his uncle; I swear to Allah, my uncle, that I wouldn’t have achieved that position without your favor and spending on me. His uncle answered; I wouldn’t have spent on you unless you had worked hard and achieved success. The words of both of them are true. If the nephew wasn’t diligent he wouldn’t have deserved that spending, and if the uncle didn’t spend on his nephew he wouldn’t have achieved that position.

Some people misunderstand that Hadith and they don’t work but they rather depend on hope. The most dangerous thing is to depend on hope and to leave work. Others think that the way to paradise is only in doing good deeds and so they dispense with Allah :swt:.

There are important points; one of these points is that......
http://www.muhammad-pbuh.com/en/?p=169

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.