/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is being alone with a female psychologist haram?

SintoDinto
02-25-2019, 11:12 PM
I see a female psychologist for serious issues. Due to the nature of my issues, and so I can have privacy in general to feel relaxed, the door is always closed. By this point in our discussions I have made it clear by describing my life how religious I am, and how many intricate acts of worship and types of knowledge I know that would appear strange to outsiders. She is young and attractive, but I would never feel temptation due to the role she plays (and also because she's married). I heard Omar Suleiman say in passing about halwa "even counseling doesn't cut it" but is he referring to professionals, and if so, is he right? I also have a female psychiatrist, but I see her with my mother. EDIT: But I have on occasion said things in seclusion to the psychiatrist so my mother doesn't get angry with me or so I can have privacy or confidentiality.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Prince
02-25-2019, 11:28 PM
Not sure but I think it would be haraam.

The hadith comes to mind where its mentioned that when a non mahram man and woman are alone in a room, the third is always the shaytaan.

xboxisdead
02-26-2019, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Prince
Not sure but I think it would be haraam.

The hadith comes to mind where its mentioned that when a non mahram man and woman are alone in a room, the third is always the shaytaan.
I have a question to ask. Isn't there a male therapist? Why doesn't he go there?

SintoDinto
02-26-2019, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead
I have a question to ask. Isn't there a male therapist? Why doesn't he go there?
I was originally assigned to another female therapist by the forensic psychiatrist, but she was rude, so I asked for another and it took them months to find another and they eventually found another female. This is the only clinic that treats such issues, and I don't want to mess up my treatment plan when I have already built up a rapport and case study from my therapist and solid progress and I don't adjust to change well. At best I can just leave the door open, but that presents problems. nevermind, sorry I asked.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.