/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When the Quran is read in another room

ameerkam
02-27-2019, 01:41 AM
Assalamualaikum

I heard that if the Quran is being played/read it’s makruh to talk or have distractions. Does this include doing anything else such as working? My grandmother has the Quran playing when she goes to sleep and that can be in the middle of the day so idk if I can keep silent or watch anything. Does anyone have an answer?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jameelash
02-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Whatever you do is ok so far grandma is not disturbed . If you feel what u do disturb ur grand mother avoid it . U can also get permission from grandma b4doing anything

AbdurRahman.
03-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Allah says in Quran that when Quran is being read, listen to it.

So the adab of Quran is to listen to it attentively when you hear it.

So if you hear the Quran you should pay attention to it rather than give anything else (like watching tv) priority.

However if your Grandma is asleep and if you are busy with something else, just turn the Quran off as it's a sort of disrespect to the Quran for anyone not to listen to it and just having it on as a background sound

MazharShafiq
03-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Allah says in Quran that when Quran is being read, listen to it.

So the adab of Quran is to listen to it attentively when you hear it.

So if you hear the Quran you should pay attention to it rather than give anything else (like watching tv) priority.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.