/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If the ocean were ink !

k.ibrahim
02-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu ''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.'' "O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with Allâh as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am Satisfied With Islam as My Din(religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam) I seek Protection with ALLAH! With the Glorious and Noble Face of ALLAH! With the Complete and Perfect words of ALLAH! With the Exalted Attributes of ALLAH! From the Punishment of Hell; From chastisement in the Grave; From the Trial of Life and Death; From the Mischief of the dajjal. There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah. ALLAH is Good and Only accept that which is Good. ALLAH is the Truth and only accept that which True. ALLAH is Pure and only accept that which is Pure. Ya ALLAH! ALL the praises are for You, You are the Holder of the Heavens and the Earth, And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are are the Substaner of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for you; You have the Possession of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All the praises are for You; You are Light(Nur) of the Heavens and Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the King of the Heavens and the Earth And whatever is in them. Ya ALLAH! All praises are for You; You are the Truth and Your Promise is the Truth, And Your word is the Truth and the Meeting with You is true, And Parardise is True And Hell is true and All the Prophets(peace be upon them) are true; And Muhammad Rasulallah(sallallahu alayhi wa salam) is true,And the Day of Resurrection is True. Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your promise is the truth,Ya ALLAH! You have promise and Your words is the truth, Ya ALLAH! You have promise and You are the Truth!-----------------------Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim . (18:109)Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Rabb sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Rabb even if we added another ocean like it for its aid."
The Second Aspect of Qadar - Writing
Al-Kitabah (The Writing)
* Al-Kitaabah means that ALLAH wrote everything about His creation; their livelihood, provision, life-spans, deeds, etc. All this is written in Umm al-Kitaab ( Mother of all books ), also known as al-Lauhul Mahfoudh (the Preserved Tablet)
“Do you not know, that ALLAH knows all that is in the heaven and in the earth? Verily! It is all in the Book. Verily! That is easy for ALLAH.”
Soorah al-Hajj (22:70)
{The above verse combines the two aspects of Qadar - Knowledge and Writing}
* The Qur'aan itself is written in al-Lauh al-Mahfoudh, as ALLAH says:
“Indeed this Qur'an is in Ummul Kitaab before Us, Exalted and full of Wisdom.”
Soorah az-Zukhruh (43): 3
and “Nay! This is a Glorious Qur'aan, (inscribed) in al-Lauh al-Mahfoudh (the Preserved Tablet).”
Soorah al-Buruj (85): 22
* Even the minutest detail has been recorded in the Preserved Tablet, as Allaah says: “And nothing is hidden from your Rabb (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in the heaven; whatever is less or greater than that except that it is (written) in a Clear Record.”
Soorah Yunus (10): 61
* Everything was written fifty thousand years before the creation of the heaven and earth, as the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu alayhi wa salam) said: “ALLAH had written the ordained measures (and their due proportions) of the creation, fifty thousand years before the creation of the heavens and the earth as His Arsh (Throne) was on water.”
Sahih Muslim (english trans.) vol.4, no.6416. This Hadeeth indicates that the Arsh of ALLAH was created before the writing in the clear Book took place
* ALLAH ordered al-Qalam (the pen) to write all the records till the Day is established, of all pre-ordained measures: Narrated Abee Hafsaa: Ubadah Ibn as-Samit said to his son - O son! You shall not get the true sense of Iman (faith) until you acknowledge that what has befallen you was not to escape you (or miss you), and what missed you was not to befall you; I heard the Prophet saying: “(As soon as ALLAH created the Pen, He commanded it saying, ‘Write’. It said, ‘What should I write, my Rabb (Lord)? ALLAH said, ‘Write the record of all preordained matter until the commencement of the Hour’.” Furthermore, Ubadah Ibn as-Samit said, “O my son! I have heard ALLAH’s Messenger saying, ‘He who dies believing in other than this is not from me (i.e. is not on the Prophet’s way of belief).”
Sunan Abu Dawood, Sunan at-Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmed bin Hambal
* These records are perfect and have missed nothing. Allaah, the Exalted has said referring to the answer of Moosa to the Pharaoh: “He (the Pharoah) said, ‘What about the generations of old?’ He (Moosa) said, ‘The Knowledge there of is in a record with my Rabb, He is neither unaware not does He forget’.”
Soorah Ta-Ha (20): 51-52
* All our deeds have been pre-recorded in the Preserved Tablet. Whatever the Pen wrote is certainly to be executed. The Prophet (salallahu alaihi wa salalam) said to Abu Hurairah, “The Pen has turned dry after writing what you are going to confront.”
Saheeh al-Bukhari vol.4, p.9, no.13
Al-Hafidh Ibn Hajar commented: “This means that the pen has turned dry after writing the predestined matters. Execution of all matters is in accordance with what the Pen wrote in the Preserved Tablet.”
Fath al-Bari, vol.9, p.119
* When Umer ibn al-Khattab was asked about the verse: “When your Rabb drew forth from the Children of Adam from their loins, their descendants(offspring), and made them testify concerning themselves, (saying): "Am I not your Lord (Who cherishes and sustains you)?" They said: "Yes! we testify to it" That was in case you should say on the Day of Judgment: "Certainly we were unaware of all this."
Soorah al-A'raf (7): 172
He said: When Allaah’s Messenger was asked about then I heard him say: [Allaah created Aadam, He passed His Hand over his back, and brought forth from it his offspring, saying: ‘I have created these for Paradise and they will do the deeds of Ahlul-Jannah’. He then passed His Hand over his back and brought forth from his offspring saying: ‘I have created these for Hell, and they will do deeds of Ahlun-Naar.
Sheikh al-Albani commented that on the Hadeeth in which the Prophet said, that Allaah said, “I have created these (men) for Paradise……I have created these (men) for Hell.”
The Sheikh said: “Many people may understand that these Hadeeth indicate that man has no choice with respect to his deeds, while others may think that being from the people of Paradise or the people of Hell, is an arbitrary matter or just sheer luck…It us known that Allaah is Perfect in His Names and Attributes, ad that: ‘There is nothing like unto Him’ (Soorah ash-Shura 42:11) It is in accordance with Allaah’s Knowledge, Wisdom and Justice that He chose people for Paradise or Hell-Fire. He Knew that those who were chosen for paradise will obey Him when they are commanded to do so, and those created for Hell will disobey Allaah’s commandments…(therefore Allaah’s choice is in accordance with what Allaah’s Knowledge and this has already been written)... Eeman (belief) necessitates the admittance to Paradise, and Kufr (disbelief) necessitates punishment in the Hell. Both Eeman and Kufr, are matters of choice for mankind. Allaah, the Exalted does not force anyone to adopt either choice, as He says: ‘Then whosoever wills, let him believe, and whosoever wills let him disbelieve.’
Soorah al-Kahf (18): 29
Because His choice is all-Just and Wise, Allaah, Exalted be He, cannot be questioned about it.”
Sheikh al-Albani in Silsilatul Ahadeeth as-Saheehah, vol.4, p.76-80
{Note: Some of these points have already been discussed under Knowledge}
* The Pen mentioned above was the first to be created, but there is evidence in the Hadeeth for the presence of more than one Pen. One of the Hadeeth that mentions the pre-recording in the plural form is mentioned below:
Jabir reported that Suraqah bin Maalik came and said: “O Messenger of Allaah! Explain our Deen to us as if we have been created just now. Whatever we do today, is it because of the fact that the pens have turned dry (having written the records) and the destinies have begun to operate? Or is it something that just happens (without pre-destination)?” Thereupon, the Messenger said, “Nay! Surely it is because of what has been recorded by the pens after they have dried and the destinies have begun to operate”
Saheeh Muslim vol.4, no.6402 & 6403. See the Explanation of al-Aqeedah at-Tahawiyyah, p.267-268
Other Writings of Taqdeer:
There is evidence from the Qur'aan and Sunnah, that apart from the writing of Taqdeer that Allaah commanded on al-Laauh al-Mahfoudh (The Preserved Tablet) there are other writings of Taqdeer, among them are:-
1. The Taqdeer al-Umuri (Covering the person’s life span):
The Person’s livelihood, life-term, deeds and his status in the Hereafter (wretched or blessed) are written while in the mother’s womb at an early stage of his development. This is confirmed in the Hadeeth related by Abdullah bin Masood who said, that the Messenger of Allaah (salallahu alaihi wa salalam) said: “The creation of everyone of you is collected for the first forty days in his mother’s womb in the form of a Nutfah after which it turns into a Alaqa for an equal period. Then it becomes a Mudhqah for a similar period and then Allaah sends an angel with four words recording: the person’s provision, his life term, his deeds, or whether he will be of the wretched or the blessed (in the Hereafter).”
Sahih al-Bukhari vol.8, p.387, no.593 and Sahih Muslim vol.4, p.1391, no.6390
2. The Annual Taqdeer:
This Taqdeer takes place on the night of decree (Lailat al-Qadr), Allaah, the Exalted says: “Therein (that night) is decreed every matter of ordainment”
Soorah ad-Dukhaan (44): 4
Also Ibn Abbas said: “On the night of Decree, everything that occurs over the whole (coming) year from the matters of death, births, provisions, and the rain would be recorded from the Record of the Mother of the Book; it would even be said that such and such a person would perform Hajj.” {2}
3. The Daily Taqdeer:
It directs the pre-ordained Taqdeer according to its previously appointed terms and on its specific times. Allaah says: “Whosoever is in the heavens and on the earth ask of Him (for their needs). Everyday He has a matter to bring forth.”
Soorah ar-Rehman (55): 29
The Prophet said explaining the verse: “Everyday Allaah has a matter to bring forth, that He may forgive a sin for someone, relief the hardship of someone, lift (in honor) some and lower (in disgrace) others.”
Sunan Ibn Majah and Abee ‘Aasim in “as-Sunnah” no.301 and authenticated by al-Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Ibn Majah no.202
What is the relation between all of the levels of the written Taqdeer?
* Sheikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taimeeyah and Ibn Qaiyyim al-Jawziyyah, may Allaah be pleased with them both, stressed that the Taqdeer in the Preserved Tablet is a general and comprehensive one that covers everything, while the other writings of Taqdeer are special and specific details for the Taqdeer of the Preserved Tablet. {3}
The writing of the Preserved Tablet is Preserved, i.e. is not subject to any change whatsoever because it is based on Allaah’s Knowledge
Ibn Taimeeyah in al-Fatawa, vol.8, p.840
In other books (or writings), however changes may occur, as in the case of the books handled by the angels, as Allaah says:
“Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills); and with Him is Ummul Kitaab (the Preserbved Tablet).”
Soorah Ar-Ra'd (13): 39
Also the Messenger of Allaah said: “He who loves that his sustenance be expanded, and his life term prolonged, should join the tie of kinship.”
Saheeh al-Bukhari vol.8, p.11-12, no.15 and Saheeh Muslim vol.4, p.1359-1360
Sheikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taimeeyah explained that: “Provisions and life terms are of two kinds:
The unchanged record written in Ummul Kitaab
That made known to the angels by Allaah (these records being subject to increase or decrease). This is why Allaah says, “Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills); and with Him is Ummul Kitaab (the Preserbved Tablet).”
In the angel’s books, both the life span and provisions increase and decrease due to specific reasons. Thus, Allaah commands the angel to write the provision and life span of one of His slaves. If the slave joins the tie of kinship, Allaah commands the angel to increase the slave’s sustenance and life term {4} by specific increments. The angel does not know the actual outcome of extension in the life term, or that related to the increase in provisions. He (Allaah) knows the out come (i.e. the pre-appointed term which is not to be prolonged nor delayed.”
al-Fatawa, vol.8, p.517 and p.540
Al-Haafidh Ibn Hajar said: “For example, to say to the angel that the age of such and such person is hundred years if he joins the tie of his kinship, and sixty years if he severs it. In the Foreknowledge of Allaah it is known whether he will join or sever the tie of kinship; and whatever is in Allaah’s Knowledge is not subject to extension or delay. However, the angels knowledge is the one subject to the increase or decrease. This is what is referred to in Allaah’s saying: “Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills); and with Him is Ummul Kitaab (the Preserbved Tablet).”
Therefore the blotting and confirming is relevant to the knowledge of the angels, but what is recorded in Ummul Kitaab is relevant to Allaah’s Knowledge, where there is absolutely no blotting…”
Fath ul-Bari, vol.10, p.430
Some important points of this section are:-
* That Allaah commanded the pen to write everything in minute details on al-Lauhul Mahfoudh (the Preserved Tablet). What is written on it will never change.
* It is in the Foreknowledge of Allaah that who from His creation will be obedient to Him and who will be the disobedient, accordingly He termed them as Ahlul-Jannah and Ahlul-Nar, all this being written on al-Lauhul Mahfoudh.
* There is evidence of writings other than the one on al-Lauhul Mahfoudh, these are however subject to change.
F O O T N O T E S
{1} This expression is used to define something as ‘the orignal’
{2}This explanation of Ibn Abbas is mentioned in as-Syouti’s Ad-Durr al-Manthour [6/25] and al-Shawkani’s Fathul-Qadeer [4/572]
{3}Ibn Taimeeyah in al-Aqeedah al-Wasitiyyah. See its explanation by Muhammed Khaleel Harraas, p.221, Daar al-Hijrah (1993) edition, Riyadh. Ibn Qaiyyim’s explanation is in Shifaa’ul ‘Aleel, p.173.
{4} Because the slave obeyed Allaah in keeping the tie to his kinship, his life will be extended to a pre-ordained term, otherwise if he severs his tie with his kinship, he would not reach such an age. In all cases it is written in Ummul-Kitaab whether he will keep or sever his tie. The same holds true regarding his sustenance. [See. At-Tahawiyyah, p.143----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(31:27)And if all the trees on earth were pens and the Ocean (were ink) with seven Oceans behind it to add to its (supply) yet would not the Words of Allah be exhausted (in the writing): for Allah is Exalted in power Full of Wisdom.------------
------------From the above cited verses it is clear that ALLAH’S knowledge is far beyond the
imagination of the human mind, or of any of His creation. He Has not only Created the heavens and the earth and all
what is within it, but also He Has a complete and a comprehensive knowledge of all the past,
present and future activities of His entire creation. Not even the smallest speck of matter (the
tiniest sub-nuclear particle) in the heavens and the earth but He Has a complete
knowledge of it and control over it. He Knows all what His living creatures [the angels, the jinns, the humans, and others.
…] reveal and what they conceal. Nothing in the heavens and the earth is hidden from
Him.----- That is, “He is hearing every sound in the entire universe distinctly at one and the same time, and no sound can absorb his hearing so completely that He may hear no other sound. Likewise, He is seeing the whole universe in each of its details as to thing and event at one and the same time and nothing can absorb His sight so completely that He may see nothing else. The same precisely is the case concerning the creation of men and their actions and their re-creation also. He can re-create instantaneously all the men who have been born since the beginning of the creation and will be born till the end of time, His creative power is not absorbed so completely in the creation of one man or one thing that He may be unable to create other men or other things at the same time. For Him the creation of one man and of the Zillions of men, therefore, is equal and one and the same thing, And every one of them will be completely different.
(31:34): Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone). It is He Who sends down rain and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does anyone know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).
---------------This relates not merely to the problem of the sex of the as yet unborn embryo, but also to the question of whether it will be born at all, and if so, what its natural endowments and its character will be, as well as what role it will be able to play in life; and life itself is symbolized by the preceding mention of rain, and the end of all life in this world, by the mention of the Last Hour and all of this is within the Knowledge of ALLAH! The question of Knowledge or Mystery governs both clauses here, viz.: Rain and Wombs. In fact it governs all the five things mentioned in this verse: viz. (1) the Hour; (2) Rain; (3) the Birth of a new Life (Wombs); (4) our Physical Life from day to day; (5) our Death. As regards Rain we are asked to contemplate how and when it is sent down. The moisture may be tacken up by the sun's heat in the Arabian Sea or the Red Sea or the Indian Ocean near East Africa, or in the Lake Region in Central Africa. The winds drive it hither and thither across thousands of miles, or it may be, only short distances. "The wind blower where it listeth." No doubt it obeys certain physical Laws established by ALLAH, but how these Laws are interlocked, one with another! Meteorology, gravity, hydro statics and dynamics, climatology, hygrometer, and a dozen other sciences are involved, and no man can completely master all of them, and yet this relates to only one of the millions of facts in physical nature, which are governed by ALLAH's Knowledge and Law. The whole vegetable kingdom is primarily affected by Rain. The mention of Wombs brings in the mystery of animal Life, Embryology, Sex, and thousand and thousand of other things. Who can tell-to take man alone-how long it will remain in the womb, whether it will be born alive, what sort of a new individual it will be,-a blessing or a curse to its parents, or to Society? ---Earn" here, as elsewhere, means not only "earn one's livelihood" in a physical sense, but also to reap the consequences (good or ill) of one's conduct generally. The whole sentence practically means; "no man knows what the morrow may bring forth."The talk is about the mystery of Time and Knowledge. We are supposed to know things in ordinary life. But what does that knowledge amount to in reality? nothing compares to this universe!--Only a superficial acquaintance with things. And Time is even more uncertain. In the case of rain, which causes vegetable life to spring up, or in the case of new animal life, can we answer with precision questions as to When or How or Wherefore? So about questions of our life from day to day or of our death. These are great mysteries, and full knowledge is with ALLAH only. How much more so in the case of the Ma'ad, the Final House, when all true values will be restored and the balance redressed? It is certain, but the When and the How are known to Allah alone....
"O ALLAH! O Most Merciful of Those who show Mercy! O Most Merciful of Thought who show Mercy! O Most Merciful of Those who show Mercy! You are the one whom no eyes can see! O ALLAH! You are the one whom no thoughts can comprehend! Neither can this narrator's describe Your Praise, Glory and Greatness in the way that it should be describe! Nor are You affected by the vicissitudes of time. Nor are You afraid of the revolution of time. O ALLAH! You are the Creator of time! O ALLAH! THE Weights of the Mountains, The Measures of oceans, every drop of rains and every leaves that falls from the trees are all of this is within Your Knowledge.O ALLAH! you know all those things that the darkness of Night falls upon. And You know all those things that day casts its Light upon. Neither can the Heaven hide the other Heavens from You!; Neither can the Oceans conceal those things which are at their bottom, Nor can the Mountains conceal those things which are in their core! O ALLAH! Destine for me in the last stages of my life, to be the best part of my life and the best actions at the end of my days and make that Day! That Day to be the best of all on which I meet YOU!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.