/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does this count as kufr

ameerkam
02-28-2019, 01:02 AM
Assalamualaikum

Sometimes if someone made a joke about Islam or something like that I laugh even though I didn’t really intend to find it funny and I feel bad about it and repent. Sometimes I hear something and sometimes I pay close attention of my mouth stretches a bit. If you didn’t make the joke is it still kufr?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ameerkam
02-28-2019, 08:24 PM
If I am about to laugh and stop myself does it count as a sin?

azc
03-01-2019, 08:56 PM
:wa: It's serious matter. Why don't you leave such friends...?

Nitro Zeus
03-01-2019, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Assalamualaikum

Sometimes if someone made a joke about Islam or something like that I laugh even though I didn’t really intend to find it funny and I feel bad about it and repent. Sometimes I hear something and sometimes I pay close attention of my mouth stretches a bit. If you didn’t make the joke is it still kufr?

Jazzakallahu Khair
If you think logic, the one who made jokes about Islam, has committed disbelief, but one who laughs at his jokes, then he is not sinning. I read somewhere in Islamic sites that: "those who make jokes about Islam, and even cause others to laugh a lot, then he will be a loser"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint e aisha
03-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Allah ta'ala says in the Quran [6:68]

"And when you see those who engage in [offensive] discourse concerning Our verses, then turn away from them until they enter into another conversion. And if Satan should cause you to forget, then do not remain after the reminder with the wrongdoing people."

ameerkam
03-11-2019, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
:wa: It's serious matter. Why don't you leave such friends...?
Not with friends but if I hear it randomly

The Prince
03-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Take the viewpoint that they are joking about you. Do you still find it funny?

Now take the viewpoint that they are laughing and mocking your parents. Do you still think its funny?

Now understand that they are making a joke out of the holy prophet s.a.w., and Allahs word in the Quran. Its really not funny at all.

I dnt know if its a sin to laugh or not but Id feel humiliated if someone made a joke of Islam in front of me.

Basically what Im trying to say is change you point of view about the joke and you wont laugh at all hence no question of being sinful or not.

The Exorcist
03-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Yes it is, because it relates your act directly to your Eemaan.

ZeeshanParvez
03-12-2019, 07:54 AM
And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. Indeed, you would then be like them. Indeed Allah will gather the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together -

Qur'aan 4:140

MazharShafiq
03-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Yes it is, because it relates your act directly to your Eemaan.And Allah ta'ala says in the Quran [6:68]
"And when you see those who engage in [offensive] discourse concerning Our verses, then turn away from them until they enter into another conversion. And if Satan should cause you to forget, then do not remain after the reminder with the wrongdoing people."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.