/* */

PDA

View Full Version : call center

mohammadshadab
03-01-2019, 07:14 AM
i am working in call center and someone said working in call center is not right ?
please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Assalamualaikum. Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us in more detail why that person said that working in call center is not right?.

MazharShafiq
03-01-2019, 01:20 PM
what is the reason of not right working in call center.

M.I.A.
03-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Lol, if your call centre provides a legitimate service then there is nothing wrong with it.

But we literally get 4 or 5 calls a day from people who want to know who our energy provider is, or would really like us to believe they can do better with regards to cost of services.

..we have never really taken anyone up on the offers they make so only they would know what they are trying to provide.

I suppose it's an ethical problem.. if what your call centre sells is misleading to the customer then maybe it is haram.

Common sense.

I suppose this is the credibility that call centres lack and why they have been given a bad reputation..

We cant really place any trust in them even if you are trustworthy.

To be fair at this point I don't even know if anyone would take into account any haram doings by call centres or if being scammed is you taking account.

Things are messed up.

God fearing times for some.

But most companies that provide services have call centres of their own, which is no bad thing I suppose.

But hey, people can justify anything these days.. and it's probably better if you have the motivation and options to find another job before you jump ship.. if you have to.

I hope Allah swt makes it easy for you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
03-01-2019, 05:29 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

This is my understanding on the issue and I'm sure there is a difference of opinion on this.

Basically If the product is Halaal, then all departments will be considered Halaal UNLESS A PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT DEALS IN A HARAAM MODULE Example: if the financial department promotes Riba OR The marketing department (If the marketing department promotes anti-islamic values example Nudity in adverts Etc.) Then those departments will be considered as Haraam income although, the product is Halaal.

2. If the product is Haraam - This is where the scholars differ.

Opinion 2A) If the product is Haraam, then any job related to it is Haraam. This opinion will even consider the I.T Technician in a Alcohol company as having a Haraam income, based on the main income of the company is Alcohol.

Opinion 2B) If the product is Haraam - then the actual job will be investigated to see how related is the job to the Haraam product. Example: In this Opinion A Janitor in Insurance company will not be regarded as having a Haraam based income as his/her cleaning is just a service that keeps the place tidy and has nothing to do with the Insurance.

Personally - and feel free to throw this opinion in the bin, but I feel that Opinion (2A) Above, is not realistic in the current climate. The reason I say this is because it is very common in today's time that a company will produce multitudes of products and/or have sub companies that produce products. These products are a mixture of both Halaal and Haraam products. What will the common layperson do then? How will the common layperson be able to tell which of the the two, three or four bi-products or sub companies brings in most of the companies wealth ?

Hypothetical Example:

Company "Eat-me-ezee" produces the following:

1. Breakfast Cereal (Halaal)
2. Chocolates (Halaal)
3. Cakes in the fresh cream/fridge section (Haraam - due to certain ingredients)
4. A wide range of sweets called Sweet-me-ezee ( Has a ancient God picture on packaging but yet Halaal)

Here comes the million dollar question - How would a person who is applying for a janitors job in "Eat-me-ezee" view his role in the company from an Islamic point of view? How would the simple Janitor even ascertain which of sub products brings in most of the income? Do you think a "Eat-me-ezee" would even open the sales ledgers at the Janitors interview to divulge the profit and loss from each department?

azc
03-01-2019, 09:10 PM
I don't see any valid reason for not working

Nitro Zeus
03-01-2019, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammadshadab
i am working in call center and someone said working in call center is not right ?
please help
The one whom said: "working in call center is not right", you must have asked like this "what makes you think that this is not right? Bring some clear evidences for your statement so that I may believe".

In my point of view, working in call center, you only help people by giving advices on how to use certain things or whatever it is, not really sure, but if you give good advices and that person which has called has succeeded, then as a reward, you will earn good salary

Right? So, it all depends how you use that job.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.