/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Convert Looking to Meet Muslims to Chat and Learn

WaaisAbbey
03-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Salam,

I am a convert to Islam. I am proud of my faith and the path Allah has given me. I was raised in a Catholic family, my parents not strict, however I never believed the prophet Jesus (pbuh) was the literal son of God. My Catholic father was taught the prophet Jesus (pbuh) was married with children.

It is amazing I never looked at Islam growing up. My family home was filled with books of all kinds yet not one on Islam or the early theologians and and spiritualists like Imam Al Ghazali. A conversion to Islam was easy for me.

I do live and work abroad and I do see issues that do not sit well with me. I am in Afghanistan and the Islam, submission to Allah, is overwhelmed by culture. I have a few people I can talk to here but I do not feel comfortable because I feel they do not think I might be sincere. Maybe it is my perception.

I hope to make friends here and to use this as a way to fight the loneliness I experience here. I am not able to be myself.

Many blessings,

Wais

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nájlá
03-04-2019, 03:43 AM
Walaykum Alsalam,

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Islam brother. Inshaa'allah you can make friends with some brothers here and find the forum beneficial.

RisingLight
03-04-2019, 05:40 AM
Hey bro salam alaikum.

If you got telegram app then send me a message here i will give you my username. I know a lot of muslims and groups that will benefit you,and you can also talk to us there

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.