/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should i keep helping others at my own expense and sanity?

Studentofdeed
03-04-2019, 06:53 AM
All my life before i was religious I had this ideology. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Or help others so people will help you...
Yet every time I help people...they take advantage of my weak nature. I can't say no and they emotionally or religiously blackmail me. Should I keep helping others when I know people will use me. Some or these people literally only speak to me when they need something. Otherwise before I do not even exist. Otherwise i am treated as dirt.
So how can i as muslim keep helping others when sometimes it is at my own expense and i get abused?
Pleare advise and not ignore

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Shamnadanu
03-04-2019, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
All my life before i was religious I had this ideology. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Or help others so people will help you...
Yet every time I help people...they take advantage of my weak nature. I can't say no and they emotionally or religiously blackmail me. Should I keep helping others when I know people will use me. Some or these people literally only speak to me when they need something. Otherwise before I do not even exist. Otherwise i am treated as dirt.
So how can i as muslim keep helping others when sometimes it is at my own expense and i get abused?
Pleare advise and not ignore
Allah will reward you.Dont expect anything from them.Expect rewards from Allah alone.if they broke the contract.Allah swt surely on the day of judgement give you their good deeds

Eric H
03-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Studentofdeed;

I think it is far better to help other people if and when you can; this world needs more kind and caring people. I have found the best way is not to expect anything in return for a kind deed; then you won't be disappointed. On occasions when people offer a payment when I have helped them; I say I would prefer that they help someone else; and so pass a kind act on. And on a selfish note; I have to say that it helps me when I help others.
I like this...

Anyway

If you are kind; people may take advantage of you;
Be kind anyway.

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and Allah;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Blessings
Eric

piXie
03-04-2019, 08:11 AM
:salamext:

Being a caring and helpful person is a good thing, but there should be a healthy balance.

You might find this video useful

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6dStIOv2moM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
03-04-2019, 05:03 PM
Brother helping people is good, but not if you feel it might effect your sanity as sanity is the most valuable thing one has; without it we lose our human dignity

So you don't have to go out of your way to help people when they are very rude back and it's effecting you like this. So you need to stop it and flatly refuse to help those who you know are just going to be rude.

You need to protect your feelings from self harm and above all, it's not worth risking your mental health.

Continue to help anyone who you know isn't going to be rude, and you can also help the poor and needy with whatever charity you can give. Also moving a hazardous object from the footpath is also helping... so there is plenty of other ways you can continue your helpful nature and you don't have to risk hurting yourself further in this way.

What the people above have replied is good, but that's only if you can take it and if it isn't at the risk of self harm

Studentofdeed
03-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Okay jazakallah khayran

MazharShafiq
03-05-2019, 05:24 PM
helping people is good, but not if you feel it might effect your sanity as sanity is the most valuable thing one has; without it we lose our human dignity

So you don't have to go out of your way to help people when they are very rude back and it's effecting you like this. So you need to stop it and flatly refuse to help those who you know are just going to be rude.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.