/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weed in Islam

rosenelson
03-06-2019, 08:02 AM
Is it good for a Muslim believer to smoke Weed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Smoking weed is not good, of course.

But, why you ask question like this?.

azc
03-06-2019, 01:38 PM
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftionli...0%2C2342135259

MazharShafiq
03-06-2019, 02:54 PM
exactly Smoking weed is not good, of course for a Muslim believers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
03-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Weed or any intoxicant has the same ruling as alcohol - haraam

GodIsAll
03-07-2019, 03:35 AM
How about khat, coffee, or nicotine?

AbdurRahman.
03-07-2019, 06:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Not sure about khat but coffee is just a stimulant and not an intoxicant so its halal

There is difference of opinion about nicotine

Some say it become halal or haram based on the health condition of the person, if he is not a regular smoker and won't be risking his health too much then it's only makruh (undesirable but yet halal) and if he seriously risks deseases from smoking then it becomes haram

Others say, due to the serious health risks it is completely haram

ardianto
03-07-2019, 06:58 AM
I never consumed khat. But I smoked weed (canabis) in the past. From what I felt, weed gives different effect than coffee and cigarette. That's why now I support my government policy that prohibit weed smoking, and understand why ulama issued fatwa that smoking weed is haram.

azc
03-07-2019, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
Weed or any intoxicant has the same ruling as alcohol - haraam
On what basis you are saying this?

GodIsAll
03-08-2019, 03:33 AM
Not sure about khat but coffee is just a stimulant and not an intoxicant so its halal

There is difference of opinion about nicotine

Some say it become halal or haram based on the health condition of the person, if he is not a regular smoker and won't be risking his health too much then it's only makruh (undesirable but yet halal) and if he seriously risks deseases from smoking then it becomes haram

Others say, due to the serious health risks it is completely haram
Okay, thank you. I was just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I never consumed khat. But I smoked weed (canabis) in the past. From what I felt, weed gives different effect than coffee and cigarette. That's why now I support my government policy that prohibit weed smoking, and understand why ulama issued fatwa that smoking weed is haram.
Same here, although it’s been several decades. One day, I just saw it was not a positive habit and put it down, never to be touched again.
I know I’m better for it.

Tobacco, though, it pure evil in my opinion. Deceitful and subtle, it destroys health and finances globally every day. I was a consumer for 31 years. Today, I celebrate 596 days tobacco free, and successfully quitting was something only possible with God’s help, I’m certain.

ardianto
03-08-2019, 03:40 AM
Tobacco, though, it pure evil in my opinion. Deceitful and subtle, it destroys health and finances globally every day. I was a consumer for 31 years. Today, I celebrate 596 days tobacco free, and successfully quitting was something only possible with God’s help, I’m certain.
Alhamdulillah, I am happy to hear it. :)

AbdurRahman.
03-08-2019, 07:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
On what basis you are saying this?
Hi bruv

On what basis???

Every Muslim knows that bruv and I would have thought you would too!

Khamr (intoxicants) is haram

It's sort of common sense too bruv, just think about it, how r we gonna pray, be free from satanic influences, remain respectable with our faculties intact while being intoxicated?

Look it up on fatwa sites bro, they'll confirm it's haram

azc
03-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Hi bruv

On what basis???

Every Muslim knows that bruv and I would have thought you would too!

Khamr (intoxicants) is haram

It's sort of common sense too bruv, just think about it, how r we gonna pray, be free from satanic influences, remain respectable with our faculties intact while being intoxicated?

Look it up on fatwa sites bro, they'll confirm it's haram
If someone says ''weed smoking isn't haram,''
then...

Has he become kafir ?

AbdurRahman.
03-11-2019, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
If someone says ''weed smoking isn't haram,''
then...

Has he become kafir ?
Not sure about that.

Basically, if a certain principle isn't very clear to all Muslims (my reference to 'every Muslim knows that' wasn't meant in a literal sense but just an emphasis that this is common knowledge amongst Muslims) then a few Muslims could be confused about it

Also if there is some idiot Muslims going round saying it's halal (such as how some fools say hijab isn't fard) then this has potential to create confusion and misinformation and in these situations we do not regard someone who goes against consensus in these matters as kaafir

However if a Muslim sees the clear evidence that it is haram and then says it's halal then that would be kufr

All intoxicants are haram based on same Quran verse that forbids alcohol:

the principle on which the Holy Quran has based the prohibition of khamr or wine is, inter alia, the factor of intoxication. In other words, whatever is intoxicating will be haraam.

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askmufti/45184

*charisma*
03-11-2019, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rosenelson
Is it good for a Muslim believer to smoke Weed?
It is not because it is an intoxicant, hallucinogen, and stimulant. It is mostly used recreationally than medically to the point that individuals become reliant on it to feel or function "normally." Our reliance should be solely to Allah. The only incidence where it would be allowed is as a medical treatment if nothing else is available, such as in the case of children who have severe epilepsy and cannot function at all without it or with any other medication--basically it is your last resort.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.