/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hate what is wrong

jameelash
03-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum
May Allah bless you and your family with lots of Iman, good health, contentment and a peaceful life.

Sharing with you this lovely advice from Imam Shafi'i which was given centuries ago but so very relevant to this day and especially these times.

Whilst sitting in Imam Shafi'i's class one day, his student Yunus ibn Abd al A'ala differed with him. He got so angry that he left the class and went home.
That night, Yunus heard a knock on his door and asked who it was. The one knocking answered, "Muhahate what mad Ibn Idrees!"
Yunus thought of everyone who he knew by that name except the Imam. Upon opening the door, he was shocked to see Imam Shafi'i.
The Imam said: "O Yunus! Hundreds of issues unite us, and only one issue divided us? Don't try to be triumphant in all differences; sometimes, winning hearts is more important than winning situations. Don't demolish bridges you built and crossed, for you may need them again one day for your return.
Always hate what is wrong, but do not hate the one who errs.
Hate sin with all your heart, but forgive and have mercy on the sinner. Criticize speech, but respect the speaker.
Our job is to wipe out the disease, not the patient."

This is truly very sound advice.
It is easy to lose it.
It is easy to burn the bridges.
It is easy to hate the person.
It is easy to take vengeance.
But where does that get us?
It only makes us bitter and empty.

YA ALLAH, We Thank YOU for each and every day YOU have blessed us here on earth.
We are grateful for Your Mercies YOU bestowed on us since you created us .
Thank YOU for giving us friends and family to share these joys with.
Ya Allah, I beg You to bless my friends, relatives and those I care deeply for.
Where there is joy, give them continued Joy & Happiness .
Where there is pain; give them your Peace and Mercy.
Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence.
Where there is need, fulfill their needs.
Bless their homes and families.
Bless their going out and their coming in's…
Best of all , Grant All of us with Jannatul Firdous.

Ameen ya Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.