/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Lapu Lapu" is the Muslim champion of the Philippines

Good brother
03-09-2019, 04:03 PM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CuriousonTruth
03-09-2019, 04:43 PM
This is a very disputed topic. From the non-muslim Filipinos I had talked to, Lapu Lapu had tattoos all over his body. Overall I get the sense he was more pagan than muslim. Even if he was some sort of muslim, he'd be takfir fodder for modern day enlightened muslims.

anatolian
03-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Its sad to know how a Muslim people were Christianized by the time.

CuriousonTruth
03-09-2019, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Its sad to know how a Muslim people were Christianized by the time.
Well something that is worse are those groups who were forgotten, like the Volga Bulgars who were muslims and they were larger than Christian Bulgarians.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
03-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Right. Infact, Bulgars were the first Muslim Turkic people in history. Historical Bulgarian kingdom was the first Muslim-Turk state. Only after the Slavs conquered the region "Bulgar" became a Slavic and Christian idendity. Same thing happened to the Chuvash people. They kept their Turkic idendity but lost Islam and got Christianized.

CuriousonTruth
03-09-2019, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Right. Infact, Bulgars were the first Muslim Turkic people in history. Historical Bulgarian kingdom was the first Muslim-Turk state. Only after the Slavs conquered the region "Bulgar" became a Slavic and Christian idendity. Same thing happened to the Chuvash people. They kept their Turkic idendity but lost Islam and got Christianized.
Eh I thought it was Karluk turks, ancestors of Uighurs, who were first Turks to become muslim.

ardianto
03-09-2019, 05:50 PM
Mactan is just small island in central Philippines, while the large islands that displayed in video actually are Luzon and Samar island. Lapu lapu himself was not sultan because there was no sultanate in Mactan. And there is no strong evidence that Lapu Lapu was Muslim. Muslims in Phillippine concentrated only in some island in southern Philippine, while other areas were never been Islamized.

anatolian
03-09-2019, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
Eh I thought it was Karluk turks, ancestors of Uighurs, who were first Turks to become muslim.
Sorry I confused the Danube Bulgars with the Volga Bulgars. It was the Volga Bulgars who were the first Muslim Turkic state. Karakhanids (Today's Uigurs) accepted Islam a few decades later.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.