/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Working in construction companies

shaistaarshi
03-10-2019, 01:39 PM
As-salam alaikum-
I have got an offer from construction company to work.
I have a doubt .
1. Income comes from contracts that company takes which is fine.

2. If the company at times builders take few flats when they construct an apartment so now they will sell now this selling obviously involves bank loan option for customer's.
So bank pays the construction companies and customer pays loan to bank.

Now my question is some amount they will pay the employees from that amount (amount taken from bank) so working in such company is it halal or how?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed1
03-10-2019, 04:42 PM
you are over thinking this

shaistaarshi
03-10-2019, 04:46 PM
No I don't think so, need to be sure about our earning.

M.I.A.
03-10-2019, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shaistaarshi
No I don't think so, need to be sure about our earning.
You know iv at least done this several times in my life.. you would think that a person could learn to do what is in their best interest but.. apparently not.

Most recently the stubburness was when my coworkers applied for the same position as we hold now.. but new starters get better shift patterns.

I was ok with what management had given us and grateful to even have a permanent position that was given late last year.

Turns out the new title has a 1200 wage increase also..so I had to apply later.. that's like a years worth of commuting money!

Before that it was being "loyal" to my department head.. who apparently didnt need me when he got back from time away at another office.

Before that it was questioning the morality/ethics of my degree and profession before graduating...

None of those were smart decisions.

Even wanting to work hard and earn an honest days wage will probably only get you so far.

You just have to jump from stepping stone to stepping stone.. while knowing in which direction you want to go.

And try not to die everytime you fall off.

Make smart choices.

Even wanting to be more moral can have negative implications.. defined as sanctimonious.

I didnt mean literally die in most cases.. just a lot of struggle if you cant write yourself a better future.

I'm actually really clever and well off.. there was a time where I would constantly remind people of it.

The world is what you make of it really.

...I wonder how your going to buy a house.. or a car.. or a more reliable car.. or plan for children..or a wife.

It's how most peoples lives go.

Make the right choices and tomorrow will be easier.. I have no idea about the hereafter though.

..I'm sure you will get better answers from others.

In the end Allah swt is the provider.. people are driven by more things than they care to admit.. just turn up at the right time and it will mean something better to them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
03-11-2019, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shaistaarshi
As-salam alaikum-
I have got an offer from construction company to work.
I have a doubt .
1. Income comes from contracts that company takes which is fine.

2. If the company at times builders take few flats when they construct an apartment so now they will sell now this selling obviously involves bank loan option for customer's.
So bank pays the construction companies and customer pays loan to bank.

Now my question is some amount they will pay the employees from that amount (amount taken from bank) so working in such company is it halal or how?
If you think like this then you won't be able to do any job. E.g. let's say you're considering job at Tesco filling shelves. That is halal right?, however how did Tesco get so large?, are bank loans involved? And what do they do with their profits? Do they invest it in haram way?

See bruv, it just gets more and more complicated

So indeed this is over thinking

shaistaarshi
03-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Hmmmm yes I am thinking too much.
One video I saw if a person say has taken loan and spends on his need that's purchases grocery them when he paid same money to the shop guy that's okay that's halal as the shopkeeper took from him. One hand exchange happened.

Except bank and financial institutions we can work as we not getting paid directly from bank our employmer takes then gives u as salary part of it.

shaistaarshi
03-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Yes just because the entire world does I can't do buddy this is not my 1st job I have been to London as training transition manager as well.

I will never take loan, I am working to open a islamic finance in india for all of us can be benefit.
I know it's not easy but we need to try as we are born as Muslim's.

And I am a practicing Muslim.

- - - Updated - - -

Also no point in take loan for car bike etc when u can get 2nd hand in ur down payment amount.

Y take haram when u can afford halal.

Also this construction company job is halal I have got clarity as we are not taking directly from bank our employer is taking and paying us.
More over it's just purchase and sell interest will be paid by the customer to bank not my employer.

Though a lot then I figured it out. Also I am trying my company to provide interest free loan to customer's purchasing our flats will discuss with the MD's I thought.

*charisma*
03-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Sis, the sin is not on you for the loans, it is on the company. If your work is halal, then the money you receive for your work will be halal inshallah. How the company receives the money to pay you is not in your control nor your fault or counted against you. You can read more about it here: Working for a company that was established with a riba-based loan and is still borrowing money on the basis of riba and A company is offering a riba-based loan to its employees.

If you have an opportunity to work for a company which is fully halal, then it is always better to support and work for those companies instead of course, but if you cannot, then as long as you yourself are not involved in riba, it is ok.

shaistaarshi
03-11-2019, 11:14 AM
The company is not based on riba, but I felt it somewhere supports or encourages it.

This was my assumption I am yet to check the full details.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.