/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sin and thoughts

Aaima zahid
03-11-2019, 01:28 PM
Asslamoalikum,
Can anyone advice me about thoughts?
You see if you are only thinking about sin but don’t put it in actions... then is it sin or haram? And what kind of thoughts are haram or can be considered as a sin.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
03-11-2019, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Asslamoalikum,
You see if you are only thinking about sin but don’t put it in actions... then is it sin or haram? And what kind of thoughts are haram or can be considered as a sin.
The thoughts are either good or bad, they can be Satanic whispers or from angel. It is mentioned in Quran that God forgives you as long as you don't speak nor act upon what you think.

Action means doing, so if you just think whatever you want but don't act upon it such as implementing it, then I think there is no sin.

CuriousonTruth
03-11-2019, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Asslamoalikum,
If you keep thinking sinful things, it will eventually break what is good inside you and you will act on it.

azc
03-11-2019, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
The thoughts are either good or bad, they can be Satanic whispers or from angel. It is mentioned in Quran that God forgives you as long as you don't speak nor act upon what you think.

Action means doing, so if you just think whatever you want but don't act upon it such as implementing it, then I think there is no sin.
good reply.

But we shouldn't think of sinning deliberately.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
03-11-2019, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
good reply.

But we shouldn't think of sinning deliberately.
That is right., we should think of doing acts of good which are liked by God

azc
03-11-2019, 05:38 PM
That is right., we should think of doing acts of good which are liked by God
invariably, we do as we think

Nitro Zeus
03-11-2019, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
invariably, we do as we think
One question for clarity, if I think for example of doing bad intentionally, or call to these thoughts but I don't implement them, does that mean I sin? Or no? Just in curiosity only

The Prince
03-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Al-Bukhaari (5269) and Muslim (127) also narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will forgive my ummah for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

This hadith has the answer to your question

Aaima zahid
03-11-2019, 09:44 PM
JazakAllah khair

The Exorcist
03-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Al-Bukhaari (6491) and Muslim (131) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, relating from his Lord, may He be glorified and exalted: “Allah decreed good deeds and bad deeds, then He explained that. Whoever thinks of doing a good deed then does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed. If he thinks of doing a good deed and then does it, Allah [may He be glorified and exalted] will write it down between ten and seven hundred fold, or many more. If he thinks of doing a bad deed then he does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed, and if he thinks of it then does it, Allah will write it down as one bad deed.”
And Psychologically, "Eyes are the doors to the mind. You think of what you usually see."
Further, thoughts may be "deliberate" and "Undeliberate or unconscious", the former may be reprimanded while later may not be.
And Allah knows best

Nitro Zeus
03-12-2019, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Exorcist
Al-Bukhaari (6491) and Muslim (131) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, relating from his Lord, may He be glorified and exalted: “Allah decreed good deeds and bad deeds, then He explained that. Whoever thinks of doing a good deed then does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed. If he thinks of doing a good deed and then does it, Allah [may He be glorified and exalted] will write it down between ten and seven hundred fold, or many more. If he thinks of doing a bad deed then he does not do it, Allah will write it down as one complete good deed, and if he thinks of it then does it, Allah will write it down as one bad deed.”
And Psychologically, "Eyes are the doors to the mind. You think of what you usually see."
Further, thoughts may be "deliberate" and "Undeliberate or unconscious", the former may be reprimanded while later may not be.
And Allah knows best
But generally speaking if one thinks of anything, even if he calls to them, then he hasn't implemented in real life, then he is safe, right?

The Exorcist
03-12-2019, 06:40 PM
But generally speaking if one thinks of anything, even if he calls to them, then he hasn't implemented in real life, then he is safe, right?
This leads to a long discussion, because "thinking of anything" and "not implementing in real life" again depends upon "The Will" and "the presence or lack of opportunity".
And Allah Knows Best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.