/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is what I do called charity? And it is also acceptable the way I do?

Nitro Zeus
03-11-2019, 03:24 PM
I just started to pay charity sometimes, and I pay charity by putting few coins in money box, just in beginning so that I can practice to pay charity and later on, I shall do this like the Prophet did.

I wonder, it is halal if I do like this? Is it still considered as paying charity? Will I be shown mercy from God if I do this?

And another question which really worries me: when to pay charity? Whenever I see sick people? Or how? Should I give charity to one who cries for it, such as a very old lady?

Just in curiosity

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-11-2019, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I just started to pay charity sometimes, and I pay charity by putting few coins in money box, just in beginning so that I can practice to pay charity and later on, I shall do this like the Prophet did.

I wonder, it is halal if I do like this? Is it still considered as paying charity? Will I be shown mercy from God if I do this?

And another question which really worries me: when to pay charity? Whenever I see sick people? Or how? Should I give charity to one who cries for it, such as a very old lady?

Just in curiosity
collecting coins with the intention of charity is a praiseworthy deed.

You can ask them politely if they need any kind of help.

Nitro Zeus
03-11-2019, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
collecting coins with the intention of charity is a praiseworthy deed.

You can ask them politely if they need any kind of help.
Well, it is obvious that this money box is for poor kids who need, or for one who needs it such as a very sick and poor, so I put someone 1 bucks, someone couple of coins with intention of doing charity

azc
03-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Well, it is obvious that this money box is for poor kids who need, or for one who needs it such as a very sick and poor, so I put someone 1 bucks, someone couple of coins with intention of doing charity
Allah :swt: likes us if we spend our money in charity

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Prince
03-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Yes its considered charity and the reward you gain will depend on your intention at the time so be careful you dnt do it to show the people around you how generous you are. A good act with good intention will please Allah swt.

Regarding when to give charity; Id say as often as possible really.

The Exorcist
03-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Much better if you can give coins/ money to people in need directly, instead of giving it to boxes because you never know 100% where your charity is going.

Nitro Zeus
03-12-2019, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Prince
Yes its considered charity and the reward you gain will depend on your intention at the time so be careful you dnt do it to show the people around you how generous you are. A good act with good intention will please Allah swt.

Regarding when to give charity; Id say as often as possible really.
I don't mean to act to please people, I do this so that I can fulfill one of Islamic pillars. Is it ok if I don't give charity in some days, but in other days I do give?

The Prince
03-12-2019, 09:47 PM
I don't mean to act to please people, I do this so that I can fulfill one of Islamic pillars. Is it ok if I don't give charity in some days, but in other days I do give?
Yes.

Nitro Zeus
03-13-2019, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Prince
Yes.
If I have a piece of bread, and a poor and old Christian lady appears in front of me and asks for money and I grant her my food just because I don't like the food, will lI still get rewarded for feeding her with this kind of intention?

The Prince
03-13-2019, 06:46 PM
If I have a piece of bread, and a poor and old Christian lady appears in front of me and asks for money and I grant her my food just because I don't like the food, will lI still get rewarded for feeding her with this kind of intention?
Dnt know. Id assume not as you're giving her something you dont like anyway.

The Exorcist
03-13-2019, 07:01 PM
لَن تَنَالُواْ الْبِرَّ حَتَّى تُنفِقُواْ مِمَّا تُحِبُّونَ وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِن شَيْءٍ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ بِهِ عَلِيمٌ
By no means shall you attain Al Birr (piety, righteousness – here it means Allah’s Reward, unless you spend ( in Allah’s Cause) of that which you love; and whatever
of good you spend. Allah knows it well.
(Al-Imran, Verse 92)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.