/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Haq mehar

Aaima zahid
03-12-2019, 08:48 AM
Asslamoalikum,
I hope everyone is doing well.
I want your suggestions about “Haq Mehar” (the amount of money which is given at the time of marriage by groom to the bride) can anyone tell me with example how much it should be? What is the usual saying of 32 rupy 8 aany? (32 rupees and 8 pennies) what amount should be given to the bride according to the pay of groom?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
03-12-2019, 01:43 PM
walaikum salam wr wb

The bride should be given what is suitable for her status. I.e. what is usually given to a bride of her social class.

It doesn't have to be a fixed amount. It can be any amount that suits the bride and bride is happy with.

Aaima zahid
03-12-2019, 01:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
walaikum salam wr wb

The bride should be given what is suitable for her status. I.e. what is usually given to a bride of her social class.

It doesn't have to be a fixed amount. It can be any amount that suits the bride and bride is happy with.
And what about the status of groom? I mean if he can’t afford the status of bride ?

MazharShafiq
03-12-2019, 03:31 PM
in haq mahar The is seen as the groom's position -

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Exorcist
03-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Walaikum Assalam,
The following Hadith might explain it.
In Al-Saheeh (no. 1425) narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d al-Saa’idi, who said: “A woman came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, I have come to give myself (in marriage) to you.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) looked at her and looked her up and down, then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) lowered his head and paused. When the woman saw that he had not made a decision about her, she sat down. A man from among the Sahaabah said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, if you are not interested in her, then marry her to me.’ He said, ‘Do you have anything?’ He said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah.’ He said, ‘Go to your people and see if you can find anything.’ So the man went, then he came back and said, ‘No, by Allaah, I could not find anything.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Look and see (if you can find anything), even if it is only an iron ring which you can give.’ So he went, then came back, and said, ‘No, by Allaah, O Messenger of Allaah, not even an iron ring. But (I have) this izaar (garment) of mine, she can have half of it.’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘What can she do with your izaar? If you are wearing it she will have nothing of it.’ The man sat down, then after a long time had passed, he got up (to leave). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw him leaving and called him. When he came, he said, ‘What do you know of the Qur’aan?’ He said, ‘Soorah Such-and-such and Soorah Such-and-such.’ He said, ‘Do you know them by heart?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Then go, you are married to her by what you know of the Qur’aan.’”
This hadeeth shows that it is permissible for the mahr to be a little or a lot of whatever is considered to be wealth, if both partners agree.
And Allaah knows best.

فصيح الياسين
03-12-2019, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Asslamoalikum,
I hope everyone is doing well.
I want your suggestions about “Haq Mehar” (the amount of money which is given at the time of marriage by groom to the bride) can anyone tell me with example how much it should be? What is the usual saying of 32 rupy 8 aany? (32 rupees and 8 pennies) what amount should be given to the bride according to the pay of groom?
Above 25 dollars below it causes mahr e misl.

AbdurRahman.
03-13-2019, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
And what about the status of groom? I mean if he can’t afford the status of bride ?
If the bride accepts it then whatever the groom can afford is enough

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!