/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wa Sallam) and the people who withhold Zakaat (refuse

k.ibrahim
03-12-2019, 09:41 PM
Bismillah Ir-Rahman, Ir-Raheem. I begin with ALLAH's auspiciousness,whose Name is the Best among all the names. All Revences, All Sanctities and All Worships are due to ALLAH alone. Ashahadu An Laa illaaha illal llahu
Wa Ash Hadu Anna Muhammadan Abdu Hu Wa Rasooluhu
''I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah
who is without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is the Rasool.''
"O Allah, Shower Your Peace come upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have brought peace to Ibrahim and his family.Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious. O Allah, Shower your blessing upon Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as you have blessed Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious". I am Satisfied with ALLAH as My Rabb and Cherisher, I am Satisfied With Islam as My Din (religion) and I am satisfied with Muhammad as a Rasulallah (Messenger)sallallahu alaihi was salam.(Amin)------------------Rasulullah (SallallahoalaihewaSallam)has said, 'If somepeople withholdZakaat(refuse to pay it), AllahTa'alainftictsfamine on them-. Note: Nowadays, the calamityof faminehas become a great problem and thousands of plans are under way to save mankind from a world famine, though most of these plans seem to produce little result. The fact is that, when AllahTa'alasends a calamity to punish men for their sins, no power on earth can prevent its onslaught. Men may form thousands of plans to check its advance, frame numerous laws (and call the governments for aid), but a thing decreed by the Sovereign Rabb (Lord) of the Universe and all that exists, must come to pass, unless He wills it other Wise. AllahTa'alahas revealed to us the real malady and told us about its proper treatment and cure. Now, if we wish to be redeem suffering we shall have to follow the proper remedy. It would be utter folly to indulge in the very acts that cause the disease and. Then complain of its spreading more rapidly.RasulullahSallallahoalaihewaSallamhas specifically described for his Ummah how evil pursuits cause specific calamities andaftlictionsin this, world; the humble author has briefly recounted all this in his booklet., 'al-['tidaal'. As this is beyond the scope of the present book, readers may refer to that booklet and see how gravely concernedRasulullahSallallahoalaihewaSallamwas about his people on that account, and how he warned them against all such evil practices, saying, in effect: 288 FAZA 'lL·E-SADAQAAT• PAKT' ONE "When my Ummah(Mankind) falls into such and such evils; they will be afflicted with calamities like: violent windstorm, men being swallowed up by the earth, metamorphosis (faces transformed into evil shapes), earthquakes, pelting with stones from the skies, the domination of enemies over the Muslims, plagues and pestilences, mutual slaughter and bloodshed, with-holding of rains, storms, the hearts becoming intimidated and awed byUnknownfears, the supplications of the pious not being accorded acceptance, etc.·Rasulullah (Sallallalwalaihewa sallam)enumerated these afflictions and misfortunes fourteen hundred years ago, together with the particular evil deeds that cause each of these. The warning was given long ago and, today, we have tasted the truth of these words,of these sayings by experience. Today the predictions are coming true right before our very eyes, in exact accordance with the minutest details given in theAhadith. Would that we understood the true significance of the sayings of Rasulullah (Sallallahoalaihewa sallam), whose heart was full of love and compassion and who was sent as a mercy for mankind, not only for the Muslims, but for all mankind; following the rules of conduct laid down by him, is extremely beneficial for all created being on this Earth. When the Muslims themselves do not set great value on these revelations, in spite of claiming to be true Muslims, how can we blame the non-Muslims for not knowing thatRasulullah (Sallallahoalaihewasallam)has taught us the golden rules for for living on this earth, for protection againstafflictionsand calamities of this world and the hereafter. Even today, if mankindholdfast to these excellent forms of conduct and moral principles, they can win salvation and achieved great success, and protection againstafflict. Very often, the non-Muslim patients getthemslevestreated by the Muslim doctors or physicians and the Muslim patients often go to non-Muslim doctors for treatment. If only, people acted according to the rules prescribed byRasulullah (Sallallahoalaihewasallam), who was undoubtedly thewisestof all men, what a bliss would it be to live in the world, which will become an abode of peace forever. At this point, I think it worth referring to two moreAhadith, which contain warnings byRasulullahSallallahoalaihewasallam:IbneUmarRadhi allahoanhorelates thatRasuIullahonce said, 'O Brotherhood ofMuhajireen, there are five (dreadful) sins; if you 'fall into these' and I take refuge in Allah from the evil of these sins lest you fall into them (you will face horrible disasters). Firstly, when people openly indulge in acts of shamelessness and fornication, they will be punished with plague and such diseases as were never heard of before. Secondly, when people begin to give false measure in their business dealings, they will be subjected to starvation, hardships and oppression by rulers. Thirdly, if people stop payingZakaat, rain will be with held from them and, were it not for the animals, not a single drop of rain would fall upon them (as animals are innocent creatures of AllahTa'ala, a little water would be showered for them). Fourthly, the community that does nothonorits contracts and treaties will be condemned to domination by other nations, who will rob them of all their wealth and belongings. Fifthly, a nation that enforces laws in contravention of (i.e.opposedto) the law of Allah, will be torn asunder by disruption and internal fighting." (Targheeb).If weconsider these carefully, we shall see that we are suffering from most of the evils described in the Hadith and, in consequence thereof, most of the calamities mentioned thereinhave: actually befallen us.IbneAbbasRadhiallahoanhoreports that onceRasulullahSallallahoalaihewasallamsaid, "Five things are in return for five acts. When someone asked what this meant, he explained,(1) 'When people are treacherous about the covenant they have made, their enemies are given power over them;(2) When people judge and rule in contravention of the commandments of Allah, death becomes prevalent among them; (3)When people do not pay Zakaat, rains are withheld from them.(4) When people give short measure and weight, the produce (of their lands, etc.) becomes scanty and they are afflictedwith famines". (Targheeb. Most probably, the Hadith has been narrated in an abbreviated form. That is why the narrator has mentioned only four things in the explanation. This Hadith says that those who frame laws against the commandments of AllahTa'alaare punished with frequent deaths; the preceding Hadith states that the offence is punished with causing fighting among the members of the society. The twoAhadithmay be understood to describe two different modes of punishment. Or, taken together, both may be read as meaning 'frequent deaths from mutual fighting, which has indeed become a common sight nowadays. Both Ali and Abu HurairahRadhiallahoanhumahave. ReportedRasulullahSallallahoalaihewasallamas saying, in effect, "When people of My Ummah do fifteen things (among these he numerated): whenZakaatis looked upon as a penalty (i.e. people payZakaatwith a heavy heart, as though it is a penalty or, alternately, when the collectors collectZakaatlike a tax), then look for violent windstorms, earth quakes, men being swallowed up by the earth, metamorphosis, stones being pelted from the skies, and calamities following one another in rapid succession, like beads of a rosary falling one after the other when its string is cut." I have given theseAhadith, in full, in my book, 'al-l'Tidaal' and detailed all the fifteen evils that are punished with these severe inflections. In that book, I have also quoted otherAbadithon the subject, but here, I have made a passing reference to theAhadithas they alsomention withholding ofZakaat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.