/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be starting a career, so...SALAH?

SintoDinto
03-13-2019, 01:00 AM
I'm dropping out of college after this semester as part of a deal with my mother, but luckily in my country (most of you are in the UK or Muslim countries, right?)having some college is better than no college (as far as I understand), and I'm looking to be either an insurance sales agent or an optician. Likely an optician, because I'm not sure that insurance money is halal, please clarify and explain in depth if it's of concern to you. I've only heard extreme literalist explanations that didn't make sense and im not sure why its haram or halal, the explanations that they were halal didn't make sense either. But anyway, how am I going to negotiate with my non muslim employer (I live in the West) to let me pray if everything is out in the open and employees and customers will see and some employers aren't understanding, and I don't have a car at the moment or a driver's license and I rely on something akin to uber? which is costly? i am currently receiving aid from a vocational rehabilitation facility for people with disabilities.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-13-2019, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SintoDinto
But anyway, how am I going to negotiate with my non muslim employer (I live in the West) to let me pray if everything is out in the open and employees and customers will see and some employers aren't understanding, and I don't have a car at the moment or a driver's license and I rely on something akin to uber? which is costly? i am currently receiving aid from a vocational rehabilitation facility for people with disabilities.
You don't have to negotiate. It is actually mandatory for them to allow you to pray if you need to pray. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...lace-pray.html

azc
03-13-2019, 11:24 AM
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftionli...0%2C9965770176

ZeeshanParvez
03-13-2019, 12:04 PM
At the end of the day, prayer is more important than anything else.

Your career is a key to the riches of this temporary world.

Your prayer is the key to everlasting riches of the eternal abode of Paradise.

It is your choice. May Allaah help you make the right one.

I hope you understand.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SintoDinto
03-14-2019, 04:37 PM
I've actually decided to stay in college, but I will use @*charisma* 's knowledge thanks, charisma

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.