/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Treating Atheist

TaherBD
03-13-2019, 10:22 AM
I would like to know..

How to treat an atheist or nonbeliever? What does the Quran say?

Can a Muslim kill or abolish an atheist?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
03-13-2019, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TaherBD
“Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allah forbids you to befriend them. And whosoever will befriend them, then such are the Zalimoon (wrong-doers those who disobey Allah).”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:8-9].

You may never kill or harm another person.

Treat people the way you want to be treated. Give dawah. You never know how your good treatment towards someone will affect them. Allah may guide them through your kindness. If they harm you or are a danger to you, then obviously practice common sense and stay away from them or report them to authorities.

azc
03-13-2019, 11:38 AM
I would like to know..

Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy Lord is Best Aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.

(16:125)

"Be merciful to those on the earth, so the One above the heavens will be merciful to you."

At-Tabarani and Al-Hakim with asahih chain

ZeeshanParvez
03-13-2019, 12:00 PM
Why in the world would you kill an atheist?

You never know. He may become guided.

How many atheists who became Muslim. How many Muslims who became atheists.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
03-13-2019, 03:14 PM
The way to deal with an athiest or any non Muslim is to always be on your best behaviour with them to show them good example and give them some nice Islamic dawah if you get the chance

CuriousonTruth
03-13-2019, 04:09 PM
From your username I assume you are from Bangladesh?

If so, please, don't kill anyone. No need to give Hasina government and the anti-islam secular media even more ammunition to attack Islam.

AbdurRahman.
03-13-2019, 04:21 PM
I would like to know..

I think u might be referring to those athiest bloggers that have been killed in Bangladesh. They were not just 'secular bloggers' as the media calls them. I checked out their Facebook pages. They were extreme blasphemers of Islam

However they should be referred to the police as vigilantism isn't allowed in Islam.

happymuslim
03-14-2019, 06:38 AM
What is vigilantism?

AbdurRahman.
03-14-2019, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by happymuslim
What is vigilantism?

taking the law into your own hands

Eric H
03-14-2019, 08:43 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AbdullahAziz;
The way to deal with an athiest or any non Muslim is to always be on your best behaviour with them to show them good example
Thanks for sharing, and just a thought, there is a name for all fringe groups like atheists and non - believers, they are 'People'. And all people are descendants of the prophet Adam and Abraham, which makes us all related; we are all created by the same God. So kindness, best behaviour and being a good example is at the heart of what all believers should do.

Blessings
Eric

Bmh2019
03-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Good point

Bmh2019
03-14-2019, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
From your username I assume you are from Bangladesh?

If so, please, don't kill anyone. No need to give Hasina government and the anti-islam secular media even more ammunition to attack Islam.
Recap methods ghandhiji practised to deal with oppressors in power. Use rationality

AbdurRahman.
03-14-2019, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you AbdullahAziz;

Thanks for sharing, and just a thought, there is a name for all fringe groups like atheists and non - believers, they are 'People'. And all people are descendants of the prophet Adam and Abraham, which makes us all related; we are all created by the same God. So kindness, best behaviour and being a good example is at the heart of what all believers should do.

Blessings
Eric
Thanks Eric, you mentioned a very good and important point; we are all the descendants of Adam and Eve

Bmh2019
03-14-2019, 06:42 PM
Correct me if not correct, many of prophets pbuhhelpers were first non Muslims etc.
I personally have. Found non muslims and even atheists are capable of reasoning and going a lit of good for otger human-beings,

Bmh2019
03-14-2019, 06:43 PM
It is human beings that have rmpathy to understand and have willingness to improve other humans sufferings regardless of their beliefs due to human nature.

Bmh2019
03-14-2019, 06:44 PM
That is my opinion byw

AbdurRahman.
03-14-2019, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bmiah
Correct me if not correct, many of prophets pbuhhelpers were first non Muslims etc.
I personally have. Found non muslims and even atheists are capable of reasoning and going a lit of good for otger human-beings,
Yes many of his helpers were non Muslims, like his uncle Abu Talib and the Christian Monk Bahira... also some non-Muslim clans helped to protect him

However, in terms of the ultimate good, one has to have iman (I.e. be Muslim) for this as desbelif will ultimately lead to hell.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Bmiah
It is human beings that have rmpathy to understand and have willingness to improve other humans sufferings regardless of their beliefs due to human nature.
That's right, however non-Muslims only have relative good as their good actions are tainted with associating partners with Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.